Page 229 of 286 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 4290
  1. #3421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Are you even looking at what you're typing?
    Yeah I am.

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Felicity's actions? Did she launch the nuke?
    No how ever that doesn’t have that much relevance to the question, was she part of a sanctioned legal operation, you don’t need to answer that we both know she wasn’t. Did her actions result in the death of people well yes. To me it doesn’t matter who launch the nuke, no one in a position of power asked Felicity to do anything she did it on her own with her friends none of which had that authorization.

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    By your crazy argument she would actually be a better person if she did nothing and let an extra 900K people die. That is just lunacy.
    When did I say that, answer never my argument is simple her actions led to the deaths of thousands of people and to my mind she hasn’t paid nor grown from that. Your crazy argument and it is a crazy argument since she didn’t launch the nuke, and she saved an extra 900K people then she is fine and holds no responsibility regardless that it was a illegal non sanctioned operation that had massive fatalities. No one person live holds more value than other so the people of havenrock should get justice.

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    First you say she is guilty of manslaughter, then you accuse her of murder. Neither of which is true by any rationale analysis of the facts.
    Actually I said she should be charged with manslaughter because of the unique aspects of the case, however her actions led to lots of death on a massive scale. But you want to look at the facts ok lets look at the faces
    Rory is an orphan because of Havenrock.
    Until he came round he couldn’t look at Felicity as she was the reason that his family was dead, watch the episode her words said she was the reason and he couldn’t look at her.
    Felicity without permission from any recognized authority tried to intercept the missiles
    That action caused the deaths of an entire town.
    Difference you think she did nothing wrong I on the other head think at least she is guilty of accessory to murder at worst she could be charged with manslaughter, I can’t see anyone charging her with murder

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Next you'll be saying if a Doctor only has time to save one patient he's committing a crime by letting the other one die.
    No but here is the thing a doctor makes a mistake, there is a investigation and he pays for it wither its with his job or going to jail there are repercussions he is held responsible for his mistakes by those in authority. What you are saying is that Felicity did nothing wrong on any level and I’m sorry but that is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    If somebody shot at Kara and Lena dove in front of her to save her, that would by some analysis be Kara's fault. If Lena knew Kara was bulletproof she would not have been injured.
    That could lead to some interesting conversation but it would depend on the specifics and the situation but maybe, like I said interesting conversation.

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Wow. Just... wow. Okay, I have to be being baited here. Nobody could actually believe this. LOL
    Why pretty sure even if it’s an accessory to murder charge it holds jail time maybe the numbers are wrong like I said I’m no expert however it should be decided by a court of her peers instead of nothing happening, just like Cayden James nothing happens, where does it end. I listed 6 things that she has done wrong without any repercussions but guess you are an olicity so you want her and oliver to have a happy ever after wither it is logically earned or not. You know what I’m done with this not because I’m wrong but I’m choosing to walk away before this escalates any further.
    Truth is the best policy

  2. #3422
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Why pretty sure even if it’s an accessory to murder charge it holds jail time maybe the numbers are wrong like I said I’m no expert however it should be decided by a court of her peers instead of nothing happening, just like Cayden James nothing happens, where does it end. I listed 6 things that she has done wrong without any repercussions but guess you are an olicity so you want her and oliver to have a happy ever after wither it is logically earned or not. You know what I’m done with this not because I’m wrong but I’m choosing to walk away before this escalates any further.
    I have to congratulate you. You had me hook, line and sinker.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

  3. #3423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Supergirl is pre-empted tonight in the New York area for a baseball game. They will be showing it (and iZombie) on Saturday. Though it will probably be available On Demand before that.
    I live in the New York area and because of the Jewish holiday couldn't watch it at it's usual 8:00 p.m. time. Watched it on line this morning. So you don't have to weight until Saturday.

    Sandy Hausler

  4. #3424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Let me guess Jimmy's going to reveal his secret identity next season and somehow wind up in jail.
    He doesn't have to reveal his secret identity to show that he's a black man.

    Sandy Hausler

  5. #3425

    Default

    Though I don't know why we're talking about Felicity on this thread, under the specific facts of the case, she likely would not be guilty of any crime. Of course, a judge can decide whatever he or she wants based on a reading of the law, but a person trying to save millions, with the result being only a fraction of that number being killed -- unlikely to be even be indicted.

    Oh, and I am a lawyer, so, while things like Felicity's situation, do not come across my desk too often, I do have some knowledge of the law.

    Sandy Hausler

  6. #3426
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,225

    Default

    Looks like Kara and Mon-El get to spend some quality time together next ep.

    Angst expectations are high LOL

    But can I just say, huge props for Mehcad Brooks this episode. His performance where James recounts his childhood trauma was powerful.

    Though I have to admit, I did not make the connection straight away that the police reaction to him was because of him being African American and the other guys being white. That sucks.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

  7. #3427
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    737

    Default

    Was there a episode of Supergirl after the game on monday

  8. #3428
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    319

    Default

    I'm getting so upset with the writing crew. I see the writing on the wall in regards to Lena and Kara's friendship. It looks like they are going the route of Smallville and turning Lena into an enemy of Kara's instead of a friend. I was hoping they would avoid that cliché story. I wanted Lena and Kara to be actual friends and have Kara confide in Lena about her identity. It would have been an interesting avenue to explore for sure. Having Lena fight off all the darkness in her family and rise above it would have been far more exciting than this current situation of Lena feeling betrayed by Supergirl. The way its going now... she will find out Kara is Supergirl by the end of the season and she will become the next season's big bad. I don't want to see Lena go down that path.

  9. #3429
    Astonishing Member vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Did her actions result in the death of people well yes. To me it doesn’t matter who launch the nuke, no one in a position of power asked Felicity to do anything she did it on her own with her friends none of which had that authorization.
    No, you are factually and objectively incorrect. Felicity's actions caused no deaths. The only action which caused deaths was the launching of the nuke, and therefore the one who launched it is the only one who can be charged with murder. Felicity's action in redirecting the nuke reduced the number of deaths, therefore saving lives, not taking them. The question of legal authority to intervene is a red herring, as it doesn't come up in good Samaritan situations - you need no legal authority to help get people to shelter in place, or pull them from a collapsing building, or rescue them from drowning, or even to pull on the wheel as a passenger if you realize the driver is aiming towards a crowd, the closest analogy to Felicity's situation besides the classic (and improbable) trolley problem.

    Felicity's only legal problems in a criminal sense would stem from the cybercrimes and national security violations she needed to engage in in order to redirect the missile, not for the act itself, although it's possible that survivors of those killed in the smaller city could bring a civil case if they knew about it.

  10. #3430
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    1,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    We all know that Kara hides her identity to protect those around her. Not saying she is right to do it however if she went public what kind of life would she have. Plus that secret is a massive thing to know however I’m with the people who want her to tell her so they can have a real conversation and clear the air.
    The problem with that is that she's never hidden her identity WELL. She flat out told Winn in the first episode; James already knew because he is friends with Superman; the DEO knew because Hank Henshaw was really Martian Manhunter. She tried to hide it from Cat Grant, but she figured it out several times (they kind of retconned her knowing in Season 2, but she knew again by the end of the season). Even Maggie figured it out. In fact, Lena is the only person that she is close to that DOESN'T know (and I wonder how THAT will play out for her and James when she learns the truth), and I feel that's she's wanted to tell her before, but didn't because J'onn and Alex told her not to.

  11. #3431
    Astonishing Member AJBopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kapparition View Post
    I'm getting so upset with the writing crew. I see the writing on the wall in regards to Lena and Kara's friendship. It looks like they are going the route of Smallville and turning Lena into an enemy of Kara's instead of a friend. I was hoping they would avoid that cliché story. I wanted Lena and Kara to be actual friends and have Kara confide in Lena about her identity. It would have been an interesting avenue to explore for sure. Having Lena fight off all the darkness in her family and rise above it would have been far more exciting than this current situation of Lena feeling betrayed by Supergirl. The way its going now... she will find out Kara is Supergirl by the end of the season and she will become the next season's big bad. I don't want to see Lena go down that path.
    There is a potential twist this time in that it's possible Lena and Supergirl could fall out without either of them actually turning evil, at least within the bounds of certain things that the writers want us to accept (and which a great many on this forum are accepting, though for the life of me I can't understand why). Lex in Smallville was clearly entering into dark activities more and more. It's possible that Lena's only motivation will be to protect the earth from Kryptonians. Or, more precisely, protect the earth from aliens who are above the weight class of ordinary earthlings.


    Does raise the question of what she might have up her sleeve where Martians are concerned.
    Why yes, I AM a Mark Goodson/Bill Toddman production.

  12. #3432
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    1,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    There is a potential twist this time in that it's possible Lena and Supergirl could fall out without either of them actually turning evil, at least within the bounds of certain things that the writers want us to accept (and which a great many on this forum are accepting, though for the life of me I can't understand why). Lex in Smallville was clearly entering into dark activities more and more. It's possible that Lena's only motivation will be to protect the earth from Kryptonians. Or, more precisely, protect the earth from aliens who are above the weight class of ordinary earthlings.


    Does raise the question of what she might have up her sleeve where Martians are concerned.
    And one other thing, I'm not sure what you are or where you come from. But my instincts tell me you're to be trusted. Make no mistake, I have a $70,000 sliver of a radioactive meteor to stop the one from Metropolis. All I need for you is a penny for a book of matches.
    -Batman, Justice League: The New Frontier

  13. #3433
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    I assume you mean 18 since that's the Monday. Is there like another break between episodes or do we really have 5 episodes left? Woah.
    There are still 4 episodes left. This was episode 19.

  14. #3434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Though I don't know why we're talking about Felicity on this thread,
    I’m pretty sure I mentioned something about how I was seeing a pattern where the CW was making all of their leads wrong and suffer reprecusions even when they are right and Felicity was a characters that to me hasn’t.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    under the specific facts of the case, she likely would not be guilty of any crime. Of course, a judge can decide whatever he or she wants based on a reading of the law, but a person trying to save millions, with the result being only a fraction of that number being killed -- unlikely to be even be indicted.
    Ok fair enough I’ll go with that so basically depends on the judge but its not likely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Oh, and I am a lawyer, so, while things like Felicity's situation, do not come across my desk too often, I do have some knowledge of the law.
    More than me so I’ll take it. Thanks for the lesson Sandy

    Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    No, you are factually and objectively incorrect.
    Really I admit I was wrong about some things not a lawyer or master at the law but some things I was right about.

    Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Felicity's actions caused no deaths.
    The people of Havenrock say hi,

    Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    The only action which caused deaths was the launching of the nuke, and therefore the one who launched it is the only one who can be charged with murder.
    Felicity's action in redirecting the nuke reduced the number of deaths, therefore saving lives, not taking them.
    That to me is very naïve, as Sandy explained legally she may not be responsible however to say that only Damián Darkh is to be blamed and her actions didn’t cause any deaths is factually wrong, matter of fact its wrong on every level she did a gps realignment and saved a couple of million people by taking tens of thousand, was it the right call from a collateral damage point of view yes it was, that means Jack to Rory Reagan whose family wasn’t in danger when Damian launched the nuke but because of the gps realignment that Felicity did his parents are dead, now legally she is in the clear because per Sandy its unlikely that anyone would want to charge her what I find disrespected was how it was handwaved away but hey you want to believe she didn’t cause any deaths don’t let me stop you.

    Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    The question of legal authority to intervene is a red herring, as it doesn't come up in good Samaritan situations - you need no legal authority to help get people to shelter in place, or pull them from a collapsing building, or rescue them from drowning, or even to pull on the wheel as a passenger if you realize the driver is aiming towards a crowd, the closest analogy to Felicity's situation besides the classic (and improbable) trolley problem.
    Sorry none of those comparisons work, generally if you do any of those successful the person in question lives. The comparison I would have is a suicide by cop which isn’t exactly the same. A guy wants to die and escalates the situation, the cop does everything by the book but has no choice but to shoot him, here is the thing even in that scenario, the shooting is investigate, the officer hands in his gun the officer is cleared of wrong doing before he walks a beat and doesn’t get any

    Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Felicity's only legal problems in a criminal sense would stem from the cybercrimes and national security violations she needed to engage in in order to redirect the missile, not for the act itself, although it's possible that survivors of those killed in the smaller city could bring a civil case if they knew about it.
    This is part of the thing that confuses me if she isn’t responsibility why even talk of a civil case. It she wasn’t responsible then no civil case could be brought against her because like I said I’m no a legal expert but don’t you need just cause to sue someone.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    The problem with that is that she's never hidden her identity WELL. She flat out told Winn in the first episode; James already knew because he is friends with Superman; the DEO knew because Hank Henshaw was really Martian Manhunter. She tried to hide it from Cat Grant, but she figured it out several times (they kind of retconned her knowing in Season 2, but she knew again by the end of the season). Even Maggie figured it out. In fact, Lena is the only person that she is close to that DOESN'T know (and I wonder how THAT will play out for her and James when she learns the truth), and I feel that's she's wanted to tell her before, but didn't because J'onn and Alex told her not to.
    Not arguing however another possible reason would be did Lillian not say that Lena would hate her for keeping her identity so maybe she is trying to keep her friend as I said I don’t think she is right to do it but maybe that’s where they are coming from.
    Truth is the best policy

  15. #3435
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,528

    Default

    So Kara was mad at Jimmy for putting her relationship with Lena in jeopardy by telling her about the break in. But she wasn't concerned about his relationship with Lena by asking him to basically spy on his gf. Wow Kara is really self absorbed and needs to check herself. Lena is coming off as more compassionate than her and she's a Luthor that's bad.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •