Page 229 of 374 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279329 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Did her actions result in the death of people well yes. To me it doesn’t matter who launch the nuke, no one in a position of power asked Felicity to do anything she did it on her own with her friends none of which had that authorization.
    No, you are factually and objectively incorrect. Felicity's actions caused no deaths. The only action which caused deaths was the launching of the nuke, and therefore the one who launched it is the only one who can be charged with murder. Felicity's action in redirecting the nuke reduced the number of deaths, therefore saving lives, not taking them. The question of legal authority to intervene is a red herring, as it doesn't come up in good Samaritan situations - you need no legal authority to help get people to shelter in place, or pull them from a collapsing building, or rescue them from drowning, or even to pull on the wheel as a passenger if you realize the driver is aiming towards a crowd, the closest analogy to Felicity's situation besides the classic (and improbable) trolley problem.

Felicity's only legal problems in a criminal sense would stem from the cybercrimes and national security violations she needed to engage in in order to redirect the missile, not for the act itself, although it's possible that survivors of those killed in the smaller city could bring a civil case if they knew about it.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    We all know that Kara hides her identity to protect those around her. Not saying she is right to do it however if she went public what kind of life would she have. Plus that secret is a massive thing to know however I’m with the people who want her to tell her so they can have a real conversation and clear the air.
    The problem with that is that she's never hidden her identity WELL. She flat out told Winn in the first episode; James already knew because he is friends with Superman; the DEO knew because Hank Henshaw was really Martian Manhunter. She tried to hide it from Cat Grant, but she figured it out several times (they kind of retconned her knowing in Season 2, but she knew again by the end of the season). Even Maggie figured it out. In fact, Lena is the only person that she is close to that DOESN'T know (and I wonder how THAT will play out for her and James when she learns the truth), and I feel that's she's wanted to tell her before, but didn't because J'onn and Alex told her not to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kapparition View Post
    I'm getting so upset with the writing crew. I see the writing on the wall in regards to Lena and Kara's friendship. It looks like they are going the route of Smallville and turning Lena into an enemy of Kara's instead of a friend. I was hoping they would avoid that cliché story. I wanted Lena and Kara to be actual friends and have Kara confide in Lena about her identity. It would have been an interesting avenue to explore for sure. Having Lena fight off all the darkness in her family and rise above it would have been far more exciting than this current situation of Lena feeling betrayed by Supergirl. The way its going now... she will find out Kara is Supergirl by the end of the season and she will become the next season's big bad. I don't want to see Lena go down that path.
    There is a potential twist this time in that it's possible Lena and Supergirl could fall out without either of them actually turning evil, at least within the bounds of certain things that the writers want us to accept (and which a great many on this forum are accepting, though for the life of me I can't understand why). Lex in Smallville was clearly entering into dark activities more and more. It's possible that Lena's only motivation will be to protect the earth from Kryptonians. Or, more precisely, protect the earth from aliens who are above the weight class of ordinary earthlings.

Does raise the question of what she might have up her sleeve where Martians are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    There is a potential twist this time in that it's possible Lena and Supergirl could fall out without either of them actually turning evil, at least within the bounds of certain things that the writers want us to accept (and which a great many on this forum are accepting, though for the life of me I can't understand why). Lex in Smallville was clearly entering into dark activities more and more. It's possible that Lena's only motivation will be to protect the earth from Kryptonians. Or, more precisely, protect the earth from aliens who are above the weight class of ordinary earthlings.

Does raise the question of what she might have up her sleeve where Martians are concerned.
    And one other thing, I'm not sure what you are or where you come from. But my instincts tell me you're to be trusted. Make no mistake, I have a $70,000 sliver of a radioactive meteor to stop the one from Metropolis. All I need for you is a penny for a book of matches.
    -Batman, Justice League: The New Frontier

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    I assume you mean 18 since that's the Monday. Is there like another break between episodes or do we really have 5 episodes left? Woah.
    There are still 4 episodes left. This was episode 19.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Though I don't know why we're talking about Felicity on this thread,
    I’m pretty sure I mentioned something about how I was seeing a pattern where the CW was making all of their leads wrong and suffer reprecusions even when they are right and Felicity was a characters that to me hasn’t.

under the specific facts of the case, she likely would not be guilty of any crime. Of course, a judge can decide whatever he or she wants based on a reading of the law, but a person trying to save millions, with the result being only a fraction of that number being killed -- unlikely to be even be indicted.
    Ok fair enough I’ll go with that so basically depends on the judge but its not likely.

Oh, and I am a lawyer, so, while things like Felicity's situation, do not come across my desk too often, I do have some knowledge of the law.
    More than me so I’ll take it. Thanks for the lesson Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    No, you are factually and objectively incorrect.
    Really I admit I was wrong about some things not a lawyer or master at the law but some things I was right about.

Felicity's actions caused no deaths.
    The people of Havenrock say hi,

The only action which caused deaths was the launching of the nuke, and therefore the one who launched it is the only one who can be charged with murder.
    Felicity's action in redirecting the nuke reduced the number of deaths, therefore saving lives, not taking them.
    That to me is very naïve, as Sandy explained legally she may not be responsible however to say that only Damián Darkh is to be blamed and her actions didn’t cause any deaths is factually wrong, matter of fact its wrong on every level she did a gps realignment and saved a couple of million people by taking tens of thousand, was it the right call from a collateral damage point of view yes it was, that means Jack to Rory Reagan whose family wasn’t in danger when Damian launched the nuke but because of the gps realignment that Felicity did his parents are dead, now legally she is in the clear because per Sandy its unlikely that anyone would want to charge her what I find disrespected was how it was handwaved away but hey you want to believe she didn’t cause any deaths don’t let me stop you.

The question of legal authority to intervene is a red herring, as it doesn't come up in good Samaritan situations - you need no legal authority to help get people to shelter in place, or pull them from a collapsing building, or rescue them from drowning, or even to pull on the wheel as a passenger if you realize the driver is aiming towards a crowd, the closest analogy to Felicity's situation besides the classic (and improbable) trolley problem.
    Sorry none of those comparisons work, generally if you do any of those successful the person in question lives. The comparison I would have is a suicide by cop which isn’t exactly the same. A guy wants to die and escalates the situation, the cop does everything by the book but has no choice but to shoot him, here is the thing even in that scenario, the shooting is investigate, the officer hands in his gun the officer is cleared of wrong doing before he walks a beat and doesn’t get any

Felicity's only legal problems in a criminal sense would stem from the cybercrimes and national security violations she needed to engage in in order to redirect the missile, not for the act itself, although it's possible that survivors of those killed in the smaller city could bring a civil case if they knew about it.
    This is part of the thing that confuses me if she isn’t responsibility why even talk of a civil case. It she wasn’t responsible then no civil case could be brought against her because like I said I’m no a legal expert but don’t you need just cause to sue someone.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    The problem with that is that she's never hidden her identity WELL. She flat out told Winn in the first episode; James already knew because he is friends with Superman; the DEO knew because Hank Henshaw was really Martian Manhunter. She tried to hide it from Cat Grant, but she figured it out several times (they kind of retconned her knowing in Season 2, but she knew again by the end of the season). Even Maggie figured it out. In fact, Lena is the only person that she is close to that DOESN'T know (and I wonder how THAT will play out for her and James when she learns the truth), and I feel that's she's wanted to tell her before, but didn't because J'onn and Alex told her not to.
    Not arguing however another possible reason would be did Lillian not say that Lena would hate her for keeping her identity so maybe she is trying to keep her friend as I said I don’t think she is right to do it but maybe that’s where they are coming from.
    Truth is the best policy

Extraordinary Member

So Kara was mad at Jimmy for putting her relationship with Lena in jeopardy by telling her about the break in. But she wasn't concerned about his relationship with Lena by asking him to basically spy on his gf. Wow Kara is really self absorbed and needs to check herself. Lena is coming off as more compassionate than her and she's a Luthor that's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    So Kara was mad at Jimmy for putting her relationship with Lena in jeopardy by telling her about the break in. But she wasn't concerned about his relationship with Lena by asking him to basically spy on his gf. Wow Kara is really self absorbed and needs to check herself. Lena is coming off as more compassionate than her and she's a Luthor that's bad.
    Agreed. And I wish Jimmy had brought that up. Kara used his relationship with Lena to her advantage, something, ironically, a Luthor would do. Jimmy should have told her that was wrong and that it won't happen again.

Astonishing Member

Just as a minor issue - I wish they would upgrade Mon-el to full Kryptonian/Daxamite levels from the books. His ambiguous abilities are annoying. Drop the cape fighting. That was the lamest technique ever. If you really went into a H2H fight with a cape, you would end up being strangled with it.

Kara's apologizes are lame - I'm so cute so how can you not like me. Also, we are so into the silly glassed disguise realm. Lena knows, for God's sake. She plays along for some Luthorian reason.

Jimmy was lucky that the armor piercing bullets just split his mask and didn't continue into his head or blow major fragments into him. A touch silly.

Will those be real Kryptonians next week. Will they be bad - Lena make some ..... oh, dear.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Agreed. And I wish Jimmy had brought that up. Kara used his relationship with Lena to her advantage, something, ironically, a Luthor would do. Jimmy should have told her that was wrong and that it won't happen again.
    I can't believe he actually apologized for it too but then Kara was like no problem knowing she was wrong. But Lena is treating him way better than Kara ever did that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I can't believe he actually apologized for it too but then Kara was like no problem knowing she was wrong. But Lena is treating him way better than Kara ever did that's for sure.
    Kara never got a chance to treat him like anything in a relationship. They got together in the last episode of season 1, and then when they soft-rebooted it in season 2, she broke it off in the first episode.

Episodes like this are the reason James is Guardian (although we get 1, maybe 2, a season, the rest is crap). His story about what happened when he was 7 was powerful, and while this show does tend to get overly preachy (the "racism being the oldest form of bullying" line I could've done without), it was a good direction to go in. James may be doing good as Guardian, but he's not so confident that when people find out the color of his skin they're going to go "Last night I saw Guardian and he was black, his said this is for the street, Guardian's back!" and cheer him on.

Mon-El was pretty useful this time around. Him going undercover as his secret identity was pretty funny, but shouldn't that one guy have hurt his hand when he punched him? And why do I feel like I'm just learning he has super speed?

I get Supergirl trying to repair, what she sees as, her friendship with Lena, but now's kind of not the time. Looking forward to seeing more of Kryptonian culture and how their beliefs comes into play with Reign. It's always cool to see alien races and their religions, like M'yrnn telling Ruby about H'ronmeer.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Kara never got a chance to treat him like anything in a relationship. They got together in the last episode of season 1, and then when they soft-rebooted it in season 2, she broke it off in the first episode.
    Even as just a friend she's kinda horrible.

The series is looking to add a Transgender hero as well as a few other new characters for season 4.

The new character descriptions are as follows:

Simply named Ben, the show is looking for a Caucasian actor in his 40s to play a businessman whose success has burned down to the ground. Blaming others for his failure and not having his back, he is now making it his life goal to correct those wrongs.

Colonel Haley is a woman in her mid to late 40s who the show is looking to cast a diverse actress for the role. Her actions make it clear that she is someone you don’t want to mess with, without her having to say a word. She is loyal to her commanding officer as well as her country by making sure she puts its best interest ahead of her own.

Season 4 is looking to add a British actor of any ethnicity in his 20s-30s in the role of Chester Green, who could bring a sword to a gun fight and yet end up victorious. He has a dark background that has now put a heavy burden on his shoulders. In missions, however, his charm is so strong that it ends up helping him avoid the brutality of the situation.
    Chester Green is quite possibly a placeholder name for Manchester Black.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Episodes like this are the reason James is Guardian (although we get 1, maybe 2, a season, the rest is crap). His story about what happened when he was 7 was powerful, and while this show does tend to get overly preachy (the "racism being the oldest form of bullying" line I could've done without), it was a good direction to go in. James may be doing good as Guardian, but he's not so confident that when people find out the color of his skin they're going to go "Last night I saw Guardian and he was black, his said this is for the street, Guardian's back!" and cheer him on.

Mon-El was pretty useful this time around. Him going undercover as his secret identity was pretty funny, but shouldn't that one guy have hurt his hand when he punched him? And why do I feel like I'm just learning he has super speed?

I get Supergirl trying to repair, what she sees as, her friendship with Lena, but now's kind of not the time. Looking forward to seeing more of Kryptonian culture and how their beliefs comes into play with Reign. It's always cool to see alien races and their religions, like M'yrnn telling Ruby about H'ronmeer.
    With Mon-El I think it's more like the writers are just getting their act together around what a Dazamite should be capable of. But I agree it was great to see him bring more capable.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor