Page 238 of 374 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288338 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 5596
    Retired

Perhaps Jeremy Jordan needs the time off for some other gig. I hope that's the reason. I didn't like his character on SMASH and had little faith in him when I started watching SUPERGIRL, yet I've been won over by his talent and I think he's almost too good for the show. His character has been better used of late--better than poor Jimmy.

If they were going to get rid of an actor--to save money--then it should be Mehcad Brooks. Simply because trying to fit him in with the rest of the cast is too difficult--and if they got rid of him then they could shut down the Catco set and save a lot of money there. Miss Teschmacher has already eased herself over to Lena Luthor's lab.

Kara has hardly done any reporting this season and I think they should give her a different job. Just what job, I'm not sure but something that better meshes with the cast they have now. Maybe Kara could be a scientist.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Kara has hardly done any reporting this season...
    Kara has hardly done anything this season...
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Kara has hardly done anything this season...
    Except murder people to death. White Martians, Nazi Kara, etc.

Retired

I could be wrong on this, but I think the majority of Kara Danver's scenes have been in elevators this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Perhaps Jeremy Jordan needs the time off for some other gig. I hope that's the reason. I didn't like his character on SMASH and had little faith in him when I started watching SUPERGIRL, yet I've been won over by his talent and I think he's almost too good for the show. His character has been better used of late--better than poor Jimmy.
    I believe that he's returning to Broadway (similar to the situation with Victor Garber).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jeremy Jordan/Winn will become a recurring character in season 4.

There will also be new character in Nia Nal, a Transgender woman, described as a "young Cat Grant-type." Judging by the name, I'm guessing she's a re-imagining of Dream Girl (Nura Nal).
    Pretty sure this is a character that was just introduced in the supergirl comic 2 or 3 issues before what was supposed to be her final issue.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Except murder people to death. White Martians, Nazi Kara, etc.
    Even that was a while ago. And she didn't even technically take down Nazi Kara. She just spent most of the crossover nerfed out of action and then had a half-arsed fight with someone who was about to 'splode anyway (cos naturally in the CW'verse, even an evil alternate Kara is still basically a bit useless)
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Retired

I believe that he's returning to Broadway (similar to the situation with Victor Garber).
    I very much hope this is the reason. It was complete torture when they kept teasing us with the chance of hearing Jeremy Jordan sing in "Schott Through the Heart," only to deny us at every turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Even that was a while ago. And she didn't even technically take down Nazi Kara. She just spent most of the crossover nerfed out of action and then had a half-arsed fight with someone who was about to 'splode anyway (cos naturally in the CW'verse, even an evil alternate Kara is still basically a bit useless)
    She beat Overgirl in their first fight and, from what I remember, she had the edge during their last fight up until she needed to get Overgirl into space before she blew up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    You miss the entire point. She's not an agent of the DEO. she cooperates with them but does not have enforcement authority and is not accountable to them in any official capacity.

Also, having super powers matters. It changes the game. It changes the rules. It's not the same thing as having specialized training. She has abilities that can destroy the world. One lethal force action on her part matters in a way it does not matter for anyone else.
    You do not cooperate with federal agencies as a private citizen in lethal force encounters in any realistic manner. She acts as a member of the organization. Second super powers changes nothing. No one would go into lethal force situations with a team member who would not use lethal force if needed. That you could destroy the planet is irrelevant to whether you can put down an individual when that is the legal and best option.

Bats has the same idiot handicap and he can't destroy the planet. You really don't get these situations, do you?

I was wondering if that was why. I figured he got another opportunity and worked with the producers to get a reduced schedule on Supergirl to do it.

Incidentally- I was watching a behind the scenes video from 'The Greatest Showman', and got a kick to see Jeremy Jordan had actually been brought in during rehearsals to sing Hugh Jackman's parts in the songs while Jackman was unable to sing after surgery.

She beat Overgirl in their first fight and, from what I remember, she had the edge during their last fight up until she needed to get Overgirl into space before she blew up.
    In that first fight, Overgirl was kicking her ass until Kara got in the sonic clap and a punch to Overgirl's gut, and I think THAT affected her mostly because of her condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    You do not cooperate with federal agencies as a private citizen in lethal force encounters in any realistic manner. She acts as a member of the organization. Second super powers changes nothing. No one would go into lethal force situations with a team member who would not use lethal force if needed. That you could destroy the planet is irrelevant to whether you can put down an individual when that is the legal and best option.

Bats has the same idiot handicap and he can't destroy the planet. You really don't get these situations, do you?
    I think what AJBopp is saying is that Supergirl works WITH the DEO, but that she comforms to her own moral code when fighting and not the DEO standards and practices.

Astonishing Member

I understand that. My point that in the 'real world', not a comic world with PIS moral codes, that would not happen and folks who depend on each other in combat would be reluctant to work with a person who would hesitate, even at superspeed. I've seen folks in exercises, who faced with using 'lethal force' (training equipment), can't pull the trigger. They walked from the exercise, said they can't do it and gave it up. They were out of the game.

Police quickly determine who is late consistently for dangerous emergency calls and they are sidelined.

A naked duplicate of kara showing up in siberia? Caused apparently by Lena luthors manufactured space rock?
    Last edited by Qwerty; 06-18-2018 at 06:18 PM.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Mighty Member

Look's like Supergirl's going to have to battle another evil doppelganger.