Page 242 of 374 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292342 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 5596
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    I definitely count Red Tornado as a kill. Or the several White Martians she vaporized without a care a while back to rescue M'Yrnn wasn't it?

But no near as I can tell Non was never killed. Just sort of brain damaged presumably to get him to his standard comic self essentially.
    Oh yeah, I have forgotten about those White Martians.

Look, presumably when Kara says "I don't kill" what she means is "I don't kill good looking people." Parasite and White Martians do not violate her code.

Since Reign look like Sam and Sam is pretty hot, Reign gets a pass.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Astonishing Member

Since Sam had Kryptonian DNA in her when she had Ruby, does Ruby still have some? Potential Teen Age monster?

If Mon-el gets divorced, do we have a Life Time Movie of an ex seeking revenge on the way? Imra could go that route.

Putin-Girl, let's see how they kill her?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Since Sam had Kryptonian DNA in her when she had Ruby, does Ruby still have some? Potential Teen Age monster?
    I'd hope so. But they seem to be averting that by saying Sam and Reign were both genetically separate. The show said as much with Lena's tests. (This was similarly used as an explanation for Tigra's child in Marvel Comics)

Thus Ruby is completely human because Samantha was completely human when she had her.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    I read about the "Red Daughter" thing before watching the episode, and I was expecting for the final scene to show a Supergirl from other universe falling on this Earth. That would be a great opportunity for exploring another universe, something that The Flash hasn't done since Earth 2. I was disappointed with her being just a part of Kara.
    Yeah! I agree! Think of all the missed opportunities and versions of costumes. Like the "Red Daughter" version of Green Arrow is Oliver who made the decision to stay with Anatoli.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    Yeah! I agree! Think of all the missed opportunities and versions of costumes. Like the "Red Daughter" version of Green Arrow is Oliver who made the decision to stay with Anatoli.
    Oh, that's a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    I definitely count Red Tornado as a kill. Or the several White Martians she vaporized without a care a while back to rescue M'Yrnn wasn't it?

But no near as I can tell Non was never killed. Just sort of brain damaged presumably to get him to his standard comic self essentially.
    I always saw it as she killed Non. She make two holes on his head through his eyes. He must be dead, just like Brainiac 8.

Retired

SUPERGIRL is moving to Sunday nights (debuts October 14 at 8), so I guess that's a vote of confidence in the show. CW is expanding to Sundays, so they seem to be planting their flag with SUPERGIRL. Either that or they're willing to risk it, by moving the show to a new night. Not sure how to read the tea leaves on this.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    SUPERGIRL is moving to Sunday nights (debuts October 14 at 8), so I guess that's a vote of confidence in the show. CW is expanding to Sundays, so they seem to be planting their flag with SUPERGIRL. Either that or they're willing to risk it, by moving the show to a new night. Not sure how to read the tea leaves on this.
    Why was Sam EVER human, when she was sent from Krpyton to begin with? This whole season makes so very little sense.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

By the way, been doing research on Elseword versions of Supergirl and in DC Bombshells, this version of Supergirl landed in Russia, so there's that.

Been thinking of starting a thread where people can share their ideas of an Elseworlds Supergirl: Red Daughter Arrowverse; still not sure . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    I always saw it as she killed Non. She make two holes on his head through his eyes. He must be dead, just like Brainiac 8.
    As I remember, Non was still breathing at the end after she had done that to him, and the creators said in interviews that Kara had lobotomized him so he would be like traditional Non.

We might have gotten to see that developed if not for the move to Vancouver.

Retired

I never read RED SON, but I assume Kal-El arrives in the Soviet Union--not the Russian Federation. A lot of things might be the same in Putin's oligarchy as they were in the USSR--but I don't believe there's any pretention of it being "Red"--as in Communist (not that the USSR ever was a true communist system). So it would be anachronistic if this anti-Supergirl was arriving in the Russian Federation but taking on symbols and ideologies of the failed Soviet Union, like wearing the hammer and sickle or the red star.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by feenix219 View Post
    Why was Sam EVER human, when she was sent from Krpyton to begin with? This whole season makes so very little sense.
    That is certainly true. The time travel flip in the finale was so pulled out of a hat for no reason. Funny that heat vision goes through folks and kills them without them being on fire, have big holes in them or the like.

When two users start to block each other and push beams back and forth - that's stupid physics. DBZ loves to to that. You could deflect light with a truly gigantic gravity field but that ain't happening.

Do writers take intro science classes in college or just crappy humanities?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    That is certainly true. The time travel flip in the finale was so pulled out of a hat for no reason. Funny that heat vision goes through folks and kills them without them being on fire, have big holes in them or the like.

When two users start to block each other and push beams back and forth - that's stupid physics. DBZ loves to to that. You could deflect light with a truly gigantic gravity field but that ain't happening.

Do writers take intro science classes in college or just crappy humanities?

The time travel was nonsensical. Why did she merge with her past self? How did she time travel "like the legion." ? How was it that precise, how did it even work? Were any of them even dead? Did anyone ever check? Risking the victory over Reign to ressurect her friends could have backfired big time... and in the end, Reign was still killed, no?

I wonder what the original showrunner's plan for this season was?

I'm half expecting Argo City to be shrunken down and stuck behind a pane of glass somewhere.

Wasn't there an Eradicator comment at some point this season? I was really hoping for a connection between the Krypton terraforming witches and a possible Eradicator. I was hoping the duplicate was going to be her "krpytonian" side and basically function like the Eradicator. Another lost opportunity though; Dean Cain should have been taken over by the spirit of Hank Henshaw and become the Cyborg Superman last season.

Retired

Given the heavy usage of Brainiac on KRYPTON, I doubt we're going to see Mr. Pink Pumpkinpants on SUPERGIRL. Much as I'd like that. We probably won't see the 31st century either. Unless they move the money from the Martian budget over to creating a futuristic city. But then again Argo City looked like West Vancouver, so maybe the future isn't so futuristic.

I didn't have a problem with Supergirl being able to fly into the past--as Brainy and Imra had just arrived through some time portal so the technology was still active. And honestly, anyone who could travel through time would travel through time. It's ridiculous how much grief Barry gets for doing something anyone else would sacrifice their right arm to do.

What was the point of Ruby? I was always expecting it to turn out that she wasn't real--just something fabricated to make Sam's civilian identity seem more realistic. And "Ruby" would be the vital clue--as she would be a product of Red Kryptonite. It's hard luck that Ruby survived to the very end--as this means if Sam returns, she'll still be saddled with that kid.

Incredible Member

The time travel was nonsensical. Why did she merge with her past self? How did she time travel "like the legion." ? How was it that precise, how did it even work? Were any of them even dead? Did anyone ever check? Risking the victory over Reign to ressurect her friends could have backfired big time... and in the end, Reign was still killed, no?

I wonder what the original showrunner's plan for this season was?

I'm half expecting Argo City to be shrunken down and stuck behind a pane of glass somewhere.

Wasn't there an Eradicator comment at some point this season? I was really hoping for a connection between the Krypton terraforming witches and a possible Eradicator. I was hoping the duplicate was going to be her "krpytonian" side and basically function like the Eradicator. Another lost opportunity though; Dean Cain should have been taken over by the spirit of Hank Henshaw and become the Cyborg Superman last season.
    There were many things I liked about this episode and things I didn't like. The time travel was nonsensical and just cheating. It was like all the universe rewound around her instead of she travelling through time and facing her past self, like Barry or the Legends.

And yes, Reign was killed by Samantha, so Kara can feel good about herself and will continue to say she doesn't kill.....but she does....

Extraordinary Member

I know. It's like an ACTUAL story rooted in religious dogma. LOL
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor