Page 244 of 374 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294344 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 5596
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by feenix219 View Post
    Guardian, Brainiac 5, Supergirl, Martian Manhunter and Red Tornado (rebuilt and reprogramed for good by B5) sounds like a nice line up....

I wish they had just made Jimmy James Harper to begin with.
    I thought that David Harewood was only going to be recurring next season. In which case, J'Onn won't always be available--plus he costs a lot to realize on screen in his Martian form. They should have enough super-heroes and costumed crimefighters on their roster that they can mix it up. Just as we see in the comics, where different teams of heroes will go out on a mission (for the Justice League or whatever). And there should be other heroes in National City that Alex can bring in--with so many aliens around.

I just wish, instead of the DEO, it had been the Cadmus Project from the start. And the Project were good guys, not bad guys. Then they could have Guardian and the Newsboy Legion--and maybe Superboy--plus Dubbliex and other DNAliens. Really, the more Kirby the better.

Would definitely like to see a heroic version of Red Tornado on this show, liked the character design back in season one, although I can't even remember if it was a suit and make up or all CGI anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Would definitely like to see a heroic version of Red Tornado on this show, liked the character design back in season one, although I can't even remember if it was a suit and make up or all CGI anymore.
    Well, there is a heroic Red Tornado in the Freedom Fighters: The Ray web series on CWSeed (shameless plug) .

He was a physical suit and makeup in season 1, though he might've been CG when he used his powers.

He was definitely all CG in Crisis on Earth-X.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, there is a heroic Red Tornado in the Freedom Fighters: The Ray web series on CWSeed (shameless plug) .

He was a physical suit and makeup in season 1, though he might've been CG when he used his powers.

He was definitely all CG in Crisis on Earth-X.
    I totally forgot about the Earth-X version. Yeah, we got two villainous versions of a traditionally heroic character, Red Tornado needs to show up as a good guy in the live shows.
    Need to check out the CWSeed stuff again. Remember having trouble with it on my laptop way back when Vixen first happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I thought that David Harewood was only going to be recurring next season.
    Wait, they bumped Harewood down to recurring as well? Is that confirmed?

Oh, god. That character design was HORRID. It looked like he was wearing a rug. The CGI version from the crossover was SO much better.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I don't think it has been, at least as far as any official report.

I've only seen Jeremy Jordan bumped down to recurring and Chris Wood leaving. Nothing about Harewood.
    Oh, god. That character design was HORRID. It looked like he was wearing a rug. The CGI version from the crossover was SO much better.
    He looked like bad Vision cosplay.

And I don't think Red Tornado is that hard a design to adapt.

Retired

What I'd heard was he was going to be recurring, but apparently that was just conjecture from some fans--as David Harewood himself has said those rumours are wrong and he will still be in every single episode, just not in that black jumpsuit.

Very sorry for spreading false rumours.

By the way, I think they should get rid of the black jumpsuits.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

I haven't seen it since that episode aired, so my memory could be fuzzy - I remember liking it though.

What I'd heard was he was going to be recurring, but apparently that was just conjecture from some fans--as David Harewood himself has said those rumours are wrong and he will still be in every single episode, just not in that black jumpsuit.

Very sorry for spreading false rumours.

By the way, I think they should get rid of the black jumpsuits.
    Anybody else notice that Alex's new suit kinda has a Punisher vibe to it? That front piece on her chest looks like the outline of the Thomas Jayne Punisher skull.

And if they do away with the black jumpsuits (they probably wont), I hope they redesign Alex's uniform. It has a few good gimicks with the gloves and gun, but at the end of the day it just feels like another black jumpsuit. Heck, if they keep up communication with Argo (I'm hoping they'll get the portal working again, this time both ways), have Alura make Kara and Alex new Kryptonian-styled uniforms.

I haven't seen it since that episode aired, so my memory could be fuzzy - I remember liking it though.
    To each their own, but I thought it looked like a rejected design from the 60's Star Trek. I think it would have looked a bit better if they put a helmet that looked like the Red Tornado's head from the comics on instead of literally painting the actor's face red.

Retired

I grew up watching science fiction shows that the internet wants to now tell me were really bad. I don't believe it. Sure the Gorn in STAR TREK (TOS) "The Arena" might not be the best looking alien I've ever seen, but when I watched that fight as a kid, you could not tell me that was bad. That was everything I wanted and more. I still think it's one of the best fights on any TV series.

So my bar is very low for how much special effects they have to use. In fact, I wish it was all just costumes and make-up art and they spared the budget for when they really needed it. They could easily do Red Tornade with an actor wearing red make-up or a red prosthetic mask.

I can easily escape into the fantasy and believe that's just how aliens or super-people look in this universe. Why should I believe otherwise? If they are fantasy characters--why should bad CGI animation determine what a fantastic creature is supposed to look like? In the comics, Red Tornado created a human disguise for himself and his redesign looked like any old super-hero in a gaudy costume.

But I would think the producers of SUPERGIRL would want to use the original Red Tornado on the show, in some capacity. Ma Hunkel fits into the theme of female empowerment that drives the series.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Oh yeah, I have forgotten about those White Martians.

Look, presumably when Kara says "I don't kill" what she means is "I don't kill good looking people." Parasite and White Martians do not violate her code.

Since Reign look like Sam and Sam is pretty hot, Reign gets a pass.
    Or just Supergirl doesn't kill human looking beings. Monsters are fair game.

What I think should happen in the next season is that Alex, as DEO director, decides to assemble a super-hero task force--rather than having random DEO agents risking their lives in the field. Thus Guardian, Brainiac 5, Supergirl and a few other DC heroes go out on assignments.
    So now that Winn has gone to the future and J'onn is no longer the DEO Director, with Alex the new DEO Director, does that mean the DEO will keep their guns? Alex never seemed to have a problem using guns and without Winn
    there is no one to work on non-lethal technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Or just Supergirl doesn't kill human looking beings. Monsters are fair game.

So now that Winn has gone to the future and J'onn is no longer the DEO Director, with Alex the new DEO Director, does that mean the DEO will keep their guns? Alex never seemed to have a problem using guns and without Winn
    there is no one to work on non-lethal technology.
    Brainiac 5 and Winn literally traded places. I'm fairly certain it would be even easier for him to develop such weapons. As for Alex, she may want them developed just to honor J'onn's wishes.

Retired

Given B5 is from the 31st century, he could give them tech far beyond anything they have ever known. It's a pretty big threat to the timeline. Maybe he'll be circumspect about giving them more tech than they can handle. But in the comics, Brainy is forever causing problems. Just wait until he invents a Computo to handle all the DEO's cases.

Spectacular Member

I thought that David Harewood was only going to be recurring next season. In which case, J'Onn won't always be available--plus he costs a lot to realize on screen in his Martian form. They should have enough super-heroes and costumed crimefighters on their roster that they can mix it up. Just as we see in the comics, where different teams of heroes will go out on a mission (for the Justice League or whatever). And there should be other heroes in National City that Alex can bring in--with so many aliens around.

I just wish, instead of the DEO, it had been the Cadmus Project from the start. And the Project were good guys, not bad guys. Then they could have Guardian and the Newsboy Legion--and maybe Superboy--plus Dubbliex and other DNAliens. Really, the more Kirby the better.
    Back during the first season, I *really* wanted them to do "Reign of the Supermen" from Supergirl's perspective. With Superman being kept off screen anyways, it would have been perfect to show everyone dealing with the loss and stepping up. I was convinced Dean Cain was going to be the Cyborg and get Henshaw's spirit somehow; Cadmus making Superboy is a no brainer; they could have adapted James as Steel maybe, and the Eradicator could have been a tie to her family and Krypton's past.