Page 245 of 374 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255295345 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 5596
    Retired

Even though I was not very impressed with season 3--I'd say it was the worst season of SUPERGIRL and one of the worst of all the CW shows--I was quite impressed with Mon-El's cape trick, which he teaches to Supergirl. It's dead simple but it looks so cool. Was this ever done before in the comics or the movies? I think it should become part of Superman lore, that the cape is a key defensive weapon--which serves as yet another justification for the Supers having capes.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Or just Supergirl doesn't kill human looking beings. Monsters are fair game.

So now that Winn has gone to the future and J'onn is no longer the DEO Director, with Alex the new DEO Director, does that mean the DEO will keep their guns? Alex never seemed to have a problem using guns and without Winn
    there is no one to work on non-lethal technology.
    Brainiac 5 will be there.

Retired

They will have gun-like objects--because a lot of TV viewers like to see phallic shaped instruments pointed and blasted at stuff--they just won't be lethal weapons, barring some unforeseen incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Even though I was not very impressed with season 3--I'd say it was the worst season of SUPERGIRL and one of the worst of all the CW shows--I was quite impressed with Mon-El's cape trick, which he teaches to Supergirl. It's dead simple but it looks so cool. Was this ever done before in the comics or the movies? I think it should become part of Superman lore, that the cape is a key defensive weapon--which serves as yet another justification for the Supers having capes.

I don't think it's ever been shown before. I think it was a trick created for the show. And I actually felt it was a bit overused by the end of the season.

I won't say this season was the worst- there wasn't too much that I considered BAD. I think it was the weakest season, perhaps. The shake-up behind the scenes, the long break, the fact that CADMUS was only mentioned once just long enough for Lillian Luthor to get arrested, and the whole Morgan Edge fake-out- well, okay. Those last two were BAD.

Something I never got is that these shows don't have everything planned out for the entire season. They have a general storyline and direction they want to go, but they bang out a few scripts at a time, then decide to change something or ignore something, and it makes the whole season feel disjointed and nonsensical. The best example I can think of is on Arrow during season 2, when the writers said they didn't know wether or not Isabel Rochev would end up being a villain until late in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Anybody else notice that Alex's new suit kinda has a Punisher vibe to it? That front piece on her chest looks like the outline of the Thomas Jayne Punisher skull.
    Alex's suit reminds me more of the uniforms from the first "X-Men" film. Maybe it's the shoulders.

And forgive me if someone else mentioned this, but was there *any* mention of Superman during this whole "the world is in danger from a Kryptonian threat?" I know this show is all about Kara, but it seems odd to have him exist in this universe as a hero, but then ignore him during something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Alex's suit reminds me more of the uniforms from the first "X-Men" film. Maybe it's the shoulders.

And forgive me if someone else mentioned this, but was there *any* mention of Superman during this whole "the world is in danger from a Kryptonian threat?" I know this show is all about Kara, but it seems odd to have him exist in this universe as a hero, but then ignore him during something like this.
    In the final episode James mentions that Superman is saving Madagascar. Sort of a throw-away line to let people know he still exists. Sort of like how James mentioned someone tried to sabotage Maxwell Lord's car, to let
    us know Maxwell Lord still exist. Or how J'onn was chewing out General Lane over the phone.

Sam Witwer (Smallville, Being Human, Star Wars) will be joining the cast in season 4 as Agent Liberty:

the founder and figurehead of the Children of Liberty – a hate group that supports a human-first world order. Ruthless and terrifying, the scariest thing about Agent Liberty might be just how easily he can convince you that he’s in the right. He’s a brilliant orator in the guise of a family man.

I was actually starting to get interested in supergirl again, until i learned agent liberty was going to be a bad guy.

BANNED

I get enough of that mindset on the news every day. I don't need it in my escapist fantasy. Hard pass.

Sounds like an adversary specifically (or primarily) for Guardian. I'm intrigued.

Reminds me of a Sith Lord. Appropriate given the role Witwer is known for playing.

Incredible Member

Aren't we just returning to old ground here?Because the vibe I'm getting is 'more public Cadmus'
    Last edited by Baseman; 07-18-2018 at 03:05 AM.

Is it sad the DCAU was more nuanced than the Arrowverse? Cadmus on JLU had valid reasons to fear the League and their potential threat they weren't mustache twirling villains. The Arrowverse on the other hand just sets up a straw man villain validity to them where there could be Supergirl's Earth isn't Alien Nation or District 9 where the aliens are refugees with no powers. Her world is a world where some aliens have god like powers and there has been multiple alien invasions attempts in the last few years the people have her Earth have legit reasons to be like maybe we shouldn't be open to aliens being on Earth and maybe we need Kryptonite weapons just in case. That's why using aliens as an allegory for minorities falls flat to me on the show especially when they have real human minority characters. Maybe I'm just nitpicking outside of Black Lightning I'm becoming bored with the CW shows.

Looking up Agent Liberty on wikipedia, it seems he's a lot more heroic in the comics.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

https://www.cbr.com/supergirl-agent-...ens-not-a-fan/

After seeing what the Arrowverse did to the Red Tornado, Atom Smasher, Doctor Light, and to the other superheroes written to be villains, what Dan Jurgens wrote filled me with joy.

Dan Jurgens, I could just kiss you.