Page 248 of 374 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258298348 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    They recast Allura.

I did like the guy who played Max though.
    True enough. But I think they finally did that out of necessity, as the original actress is on Broadway now. But it's been two full seasons now since Max and General Lane were conspiring with one another and Lucy Lane became Co-Director of the DEO. It's frustrating that they just won't recast these roles for whatever reason.

Honestly, I think whoever is in charge of casting for these shows deserves to be fired. How many story lines ended up being dropped and ignored because of them casting people that couldn't commit long-term? On Arrow, you had Colton Haynes. He had already gotten out of one show, and then he got out of Arrow. Granted, he had mental health issues that he needed to deal with, and I'm glad he did; and his chemistry with Willa was amazing- but they should have hired someone with a proven record of sticking around. There was also the actor who played Ted Grant, who was introduced onto Arrow and then seemed to almost immediately get another gig on another show.

On Flash, I don't know if Robbie Amell couldn't commit long term, or if the writers just had nothing for him. The rest of the cast has stayed largely stable, and everyone who leaves seems to be because of lack of anything to do (Wally).

Legends has been fairly stable, though again the writers don't know what to do with half the cast (Wally, Rip).

And Supergirl- well, they lost most of them due to the move, but they still have cast members leaving, like Morgan Edge, like Winn.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 07-31-2018 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    True enough. But I think they finally did that out of necessity, as the original actress is on Broadway now. But it's been two full seasons now since Max and General Lane were conspiring with one another and Lucy Lane became Co-Director of the DEO. It's frustrating that they just won't recast these roles for whatever reason.

Honestly, I think whoever is in charge of casting for these shows deserves to be fired. How many story lines ended up being dropped and ignored because of them casting people that couldn't commit long-term? On Arrow, you had Colton Haynes. He had already gotten out of one show, and then he got out of Arrow. Granted, he had mental health issues that he needed to deal with, and I'm glad he did; and his chemistry with Willa was amazing- but they should have hired someone with a proven record of sticking around. There was also the actor who played Ted Grant, who was introduced onto Arrow and then seemed to almost immediately get another gig on another show.

On Flash, I don't know if Robbie Amell couldn't commit long term, or if the writers just had nothing for him. The rest of the cast has stayed largely stable, and everyone who leaves seems to be because of lack of anything to do (Wally).

Legends has been fairly stable, though again the writers don't know what to do with half the cast (Wally, Rip).

And Supergirl- well, they lost most of them due to the move, but they still have cast members leaving, like Morgan Edge, like Winn.
    I think sometimes there's just nothing you can do if an actor wants out or wants to move on to different things. Unless you hold them tight via a contract they have a freedom to choose what they want to do, and I don't think they should be begrudged for that.

Although in some cases I think it's also on the writers to some degree, like how they seem to forget about characters like Ted Grant.

Speaking of Robbie, the producers wanted him back as Firestorm for Legends but he opted out, hence why they killed him off and created Jax. Kinda like how they wanted Vixen but couldn't get Megalyn EK back, so they created Amaya (and wrote Mari's whole Vixen tenure out-of-continuity).

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Mercy Graves and Otis will be joining the cast.

Mercy will be played by Rohna Mitra (The Last Ship) and has been described as "“stepping out of the Luthor shadow and running her own show." “With her biting wit and lethal brawn, Mercy steadily becomes a key figure in National City’s growing ‘human-first’ movement.”

Otis will be played by Robert Baker (Grey's Anatomy), and will be Mercy's brother and enforcer who "while he may not be the smartest person out there, he’s definitely one of the deadliest — especially when it comes to dealing with aliens."
    I have to admit some of my favorite scenes from Donner's Superman movie has Otis in them. Example: "Otisvile?" "Otis, do you want to see a really long arm?"

So, we have Manchester Black, Mercy, and Otis as the antagonists. And the reason to make Agent Liberty the villain and to upset Dan Jurgens is . . . ?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Honestly, I think whoever is in charge of casting for these shows deserves to be fired.
    Speaking of casting news, Brent Spiner, Star Trek's Lt. Cmdr. Data, will have a recurring role on Supergirl this season as the Vice President. Lynda Carter is also rumored to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Speaking of casting news, Brent Spiner, Star Trek's Lt. Cmdr. Data, will have a recurring role on Supergirl this season as the Vice President. Lynda Carter is also rumored to return.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Agent Liberty finds a way to out the President as an alien and the Vice-President swoops in to take over.

Melissa Benoist wins the Teen Choice award for "Choice Action TV Actress"

https://tvline.com/2018/08/12/teen-c...t-list-wrapper

Star Trek's Data, Brent Spiner, is out as Supergirl's vice president. Bruce Boxleitner (Babylon Five, Tron) will now fill the role.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...r-cast-1136264

BANNED

Star Trek's Data, Brent Spiner, is out as Supergirl's vice president. Bruce Boxleitner (Babylon Five, Tron) will now fill the role.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...r-cast-1136264
    Now he can tell Kara to get the hell out of his galaxy

Superman Returns! And he is bringing Lois Lane with him!

"Look! Up in the sky! It’s a bird! It’s a plane! No, it’s Tyler Hoechlin returning as Superman for The CW’s epic Arrowverse crossover event — and he’s bringing Lois Lane with him."
    Hoechlin will fly in as the Man of Steel for CW’s annual DC/WBTV crossover. He will be joined by his the iconic character Lois Lane. Casting for the Daily Planet journalist/Superman’s love interest will begin soon.

“We couldn’t be more excited to introduce Lois Lane to the Arrowverse,” Supergirl Executive Producers Jessica Queller and Robert Rovner said. “This dogged, determined and brave reporter will make for a strong partner to Superman and amazing addition to our universe of DC characters.”

https://deadline.com/2018/08/tyler-h...dc-1202450495/

Superman Returns! And he is bringing Lois Lane with him!

"Look! Up in the sky! It’s a bird! It’s a plane! No, it’s Tyler Hoechlin returning as Superman for The CW’s epic Arrowverse crossover event — and he’s bringing Lois Lane with him."
    Hoechlin will fly in as the Man of Steel for CW’s annual DC/WBTV crossover. He will be joined by his the iconic character Lois Lane. Casting for the Daily Planet journalist/Superman’s love interest will begin soon.

“We couldn’t be more excited to introduce Lois Lane to the Arrowverse,” Supergirl Executive Producers Jessica Queller and Robert Rovner said. “This dogged, determined and brave reporter will make for a strong partner to Superman and amazing addition to our universe of DC characters.”

https://deadline.com/2018/08/tyler-h...dc-1202450495/
    Nice to see Lois will finally be making an appearance, and with the return of Superman to boot .

I'm guessing they'll cast for someone Hoechlin's age even though she should really be closer to Calista Flockhart's age.

I hope they mention Lucy and General Lane...would Lois be kind of ticked at Jimmy for dumping her sister?

Retired

It's too bad Erica Durance is already playing Alura because she would make a great Lois Lane. If Superman is in the cross-over, does that mean Batwoman is on Earth-38? I somehow doubt it because they probably want Batwoman to be in line with Green Arrow continuity--and maybe cross storylines. But it would balance things out to have two Earth-38 shows (against the three Earth-1 shows). And they could start on a clean slate with the Batman villains, without having to worry about what was done with them on ARROW.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nice to see Lois will finally be making an appearance, and with the return of Superman to boot .

I'm guessing they'll cast for someone Hoechlin's age even though she should really be closer to Calista Flockhart's age.

I hope they mention Lucy and General Lane...would Lois be kind of ticked at Jimmy for dumping her sister?
    Hey, he went for the money.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It's too bad Erica Durance is already playing Alura because she would make a great Lois Lane. If Superman is in the cross-over, does that mean Batwoman is on Earth-38? I somehow doubt it because they probably want Batwoman to be in line with Green Arrow continuity--and maybe cross storylines. But it would balance things out to have two Earth-38 shows (against the three Earth-1 shows). And they could start on a clean slate with the Batman villains, without having to worry about what was done with them on ARROW.
    There is a tendency to have actors play different character though. Teri Hatcher would have been a great Lois Lane too and closer in age to Cat Grant without looking too old to be Clark's love interest.

Having Batwoman on Earth-38 does allow for easier crossovers with Supergirl. In the comics and cartoons Supergirl and Batgirl often work together, a femme World's Finest. So this could be the same sort of thing
    but with Batwoman instead of Batgirl.

Yes, I hadn't thought of that. Having Batwoman on Earth-38 is an excellent idea because it does allow her to fight the Batman villains that Green Arrow has already fought on Earth-1. So she could fight Ras al Ghul or Deathstroke
    without people saying didn't GA already fight him. No, because that was the Earth-1 Deathstroke and this is the Earth-38 Deathstroke.

So two reasons Batwoman should be on Earth-38

New Supergirl trailer