Page 253 of 374 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303353 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Winn is expected to return for season 4 but not regularly. Between that and living in the future, prolly not a good candidate for a romance storyline with a recurring character.
    They also left him off with a love interest . . . just in an up-in-the-air status.

So far, this season is progressing pretty much like i thought it would; the president is outed and forced to resign- the vice president is sworn in, and i’ll bet he ‘s working with agent liberty’s group. I really hope the writers can get off their soapboxes at some point, and find a new direction for this show to go in.

You'd think the DEO would have a better screening process for potential agents.

If they follow the template of last season, I kinda wish they'd wrap up Mercy and Otis soon and bring on Red Kara. I'm just not digging them.

I hope they don't make the new President evil, or a Trump clone. I've always liked that actor.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 10-21-2018 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

If they follow the template of last season, I kinda wish they'd wrap up Mercy and Otis soon and bring on Red Kara. I'm just not digging them.

I hope they don't make the new President evil, or a Trump clone. I've always liked that actor.
    As a B5 fan there would be an irony to him playing a Clarke type President using Aliens as the boogie man to consolidate power.

What other Legion characters? The only one left is Brainy; the others went back to the future. And Brainy is taking the time that would have been used on Winn.
    Without getting too spoilery, the newly introduced Nia Nal... (there's a reason B5 thought she looked familiar)

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    As a B5 fan there would be an irony to him playing a Clarke type President using Aliens as the boogie man to consolidate power.
    I also liked the actor as well, plus I would enjoy the irony as well if that happened.

Still don't like they made Agent Liberty into a villain. Come on! They get Lex Luthor and they still need to do the ol' 'let's-make-the-hero-the-villain.' Unless they planned for him to have an epiphany later and change sides.

I think to save Supergirl they need Dr. Mid-Nite or Dr. Blackjack.

In my small weird opinion, I would rather see Red Daughter Supergirl as an Elseworlds character, not a side-effect duplicate. I can see it now:

In Supergirl: Red Daughter:

-Oliver Queen never left Bratva

-Superman sacrifice his life to save the people of Chernobyl, however it caused the animals to gain intelligence and/or super powers.

-Following President Jefferson Pierce is President Maxwell Lord and Vice President Morgan Edge

-Flash . . . um . . . Barry is accidentally adopted and raised by Constantine . I'm opened to ideas.

Thank you for your time and patience with my weird imagination.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Another really good episode. I know loads of people don't like the political stuff but I think it's a brilliant way to go with the series. Not only does it set itself apart from the other CW shows - over seasons 2 and 3, it basically been girl-Flash - and gives Supergirl, both the show and the character, its/her own identity again, but considering the aspirational and inspirational aspect that Supergirl shares with her more famous cousin, casting Supergirl as a shining light of love, optimism and tolerance against the ugliness that is sadly all too familiar to use living in the real world these days is absolutely right on the money. Add to that a return to focusing on Catco, a nice balance of the supporting cast with Kara herself and a tighter, more grounded feel and we're off to a pretty damn good start.

It's still early so the season could easily go off the rails but if they keep things focused like these first two episodes, we may well land up with the best season of Supergirl so far. And here's hoping I didn't jinx it by saying that!
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Extraordinary Member

Gotta say, the whole thing with the President being outed as illegally taking office seems like the right thing.

Kara said she did the right thing by stepping down, but that only happened because she was caught breaking the law.

Another interesting point that was made is that pretty much every alien has some kind of super-power.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Gotta say, the whole thing with the President being outed as illegally taking office seems like the right thing.

Kara said she did the right thing by stepping down, but that only happened because she was caught breaking the law.

Another interesting point that was made is that pretty much every alien has some kind of super-power.
    Yet I don't recall Brian having any superpowers. Mon-El easily beat the crap out of him and he was pretty helpless when Cadmus tried to capture him. If not for Alex he'd have been toast.

Astonishing Member

I'm one of the crowd who isn't in favor of a season long preachy plot line. Not because I don't think discrimination is horrible and being promoted nowadays. I just want superhero entertaining release. I don't think Supergirl will make the points as powerfully as say Logan did. Also, season long plots tend to suck on the DC shows. They don't do them well.

That being said, I'm also frustrated as others have said with Kara's blazing incompetent use of her powers. She really needs to get some real fighting training. She stinks.

John going all pacifist is hokey. We know it won't last. It reminds of the old Westerns where a big Amish guy would get the crap kicked out of him or the retired gun fighter won't fight - then they have a Popeye moment where they say: That's all I can stands because I can't stands no more. Mayhem follows. So the theme is trite and bathetic.

Last, get some physics. Both Flash and Kara have blasted some incoming hypersonic big something and it just goes away. Well, it wouldn't you, would have hypersonic shrapnel or plasma landing on everyone. Oops.

Still want to know how all the aliens got here?

This episode seems to have been made specifically so the leads could film the crossover. Kinda like how Doctor Who does episodes near the end of the season that don't feature the leads to prepare for the finale.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Mighty Member

That was a awesome orgin story for Agent of Liberty.

what is the history of agent liberty in the comics?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

What I want to know is how many aliens are on Earth. Judging just by National City, it has to be huge.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    This episode seems to have been made specifically so the leads could film the crossover. Kinda like how Doctor Who does episodes near the end of the season that don't feature the leads to prepare for the finale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what is the history of agent liberty in the comics?
    Actually, this episode was filmed specifically because Melissa was still on Broadway when the season began filming. The guy who plays Agent Liberty (Sam Whitwier?) said that they filmed this episode first, which was a tremendous help to him because he got to see where his character came from to make him like he is.

There was a moment in this episode where I got a strong Season 1 Superman flashback. At the first attack on the Nth metal plant, where the DEO arrives, Supergirl lands and starts to fight, but we don't see her face at all. It was like in season 1 where Superman showed up, but there wasn't actually an actor cast yet so it was just done in shadow. I was actually surprised that there was a scene with Melissa in it at all.

In the comics, I believe that Agent Liberty is a straight up good guy. I think they're pulling a Damien Darhk where they take the name, but make up their own character.

Really good episode, and it touched on something that almost never gets brought up on these shows- the collateral damage. Not quite 'what could happen to you after one bad day', but close enough.

Funny, I would have rolled my eyes at the Iron Man suit that Lena made if they hadn't had this exact kind of suit in Infinity War. Now I just think it looks cool, and wonder how long it will stick around.