Page 254 of 374 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304354 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Funny, I would have rolled my eyes at the Iron Man suit that Lena made if they hadn't had this exact kind of suit in Infinity War. Now I just think it looks cool, and wonder how long it will stick around.
    S:TAS had a radiation suit Superman would wear to protect himself from kryptonite. (And it's not like the comics have never used similar suits before.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    S:TAS had a radiation suit Superman would wear to protect himself from kryptonite. (And it's not like the comics have never used similar suits before.)
    I think that suit even popped up in a Supergirl comic once .

Astonishing Member

Kara's suit here reminded me of "Superman's" suit from Future's End.

superman__futures_end__vector_by_legodecalsmaker961-d8t5ij1.jpg

That being said it's an interesting kick off for Agent Liberty. I think his start of darkness was a bit too quickly kicked off all things considering though.

I didn't quite get how quickly he jumped all in one scene from "Protect the alien being attacked, for being different, who works for me" instantly to "What do you mean my workers are getting arrested for assault? Damn those aliens."

Also I'm really cracking up over how common Nth metal apparently is here and so suddenly? That an entire steel industry can be replaced somehow nearly overnight?

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    This episode seems to have been made specifically so the leads could film the crossover. Kinda like how Doctor Who does episodes near the end of the season that don't feature the leads to prepare for the finale.
    I think this episode was made while Melissa Benoist was doing a play on Broadway. The scenes with her in it were probably filmed after she got back to Vancouver.

EDIT: Redundant post.
    Last edited by Osiris-Rex; 10-29-2018 at 04:58 AM.

That was a brilliant episode. THIS is how you flesh out a villain!

Extraordinary Member

Good to see Jonn back in action. Good origin story on the villain side. Notable quotes "My bike!" "Never stop fytin fah whut ya beleive in son." (Nevermind he ran into a burning building and basically committed suicide.) lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that suit even popped up in a Supergirl comic once .
    I don't mean the idea of the suit. Heck, Superman had an anti-kryptonite suit in the Batman-Superman animated movie. I mean the fact that the entire suit was nanites housed in a special chamber that was placed on her chest, a'la the arc reactor in Infinity War.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I don't mean the idea of the suit. Heck, Superman had an anti-kryptonite suit in the Batman-Superman animated movie. I mean the fact that the entire suit was nanites housed in a special chamber that was placed on her chest, a'la the arc reactor in Infinity War.
    I mean wasn't that what Superman's suit did since the New 52 began?

Granted I'm sure others did it before. Ironman and Infinity War hardly invented it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    That was a brilliant episode. THIS is how you flesh out a villain!
    Indeed, I totally agree - and it also serves to highlight an important point.

Namely, it really does SUCK to be an ordinary human in the DC universe LOL.

The trials of Benjamin Lockwood's family are basically indicative of your average person trapped in a world of superheroes - a world that has all of our problems PLUS the constant threat of alien invasion or super-villains with the power of gods. A world where the heroes fly around and punch out the bad guys but pay no real attention to the collateral damage caused.

Don't get me wrong, Patriot is clearly a deranged loon. But you can certainly see where he is coming from. At least, we can. This episode shows how Kara, Lena, Jimmy and the entire DEO are too busy in their ivory towers to get what is going on to people with less powers or who can't afford flashy inner city apartments. The problem isn't just the crazy frine group, it's the ambivalence of the heroes that allows the crazies to get traction among the desperate.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Astonishing Member

Good God - the actors who played Mercy and Otis just stunk. I'm just not interested in this plot line. Too preachy. It would be funny if Kal and Kara get deported. Sent to Argo?

Also, too many Kryptonians floating around this universe. It happened in the comics. Last Son and Daughter of Krypton except for the 1000's wandering around the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Good God - the actors who played Mercy and Otis just stunk. I'm just not interested in this plot line. Too preachy. It would be funny if Kal and Kara get deported. Sent to Argo?

Also, too many Kryptonians floating around this universe. It happened in the comics. Last Son and Daughter of Krypton except for the 1000's wandering around the universe.
    Well they aren't presenting them as the last son and daughter of Krypton any more. Honestly, the idea that only Clark and Kara survived never made much sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Honestly, the idea that only Clark and Kara survived never made much sense.
    I think many of us would argue, though, that it makes a better story in most cases, and certainly provides for more interesting character study.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I think many of us would argue, though, that it makes a better story in most cases, and certainly provides for more interesting character study.
    Perhaps but the fact they kept bringing in more Kryptonians showed the writers at the very least didn't think so. This show hasn't exactly been lacking in good character studies for Kara in spite of several other Kryptonian characters.

Well they aren't presenting them as the last son and daughter of Krypton any more. Honestly, the idea that only Clark and Kara survived never made much sense.
    How so? They're the only ones that had rockets off of Krypton .
    Perhaps but the fact they kept bringing in more Kryptonians showed the writers at the very least didn't think so. This show hasn't exactly been lacking in good character studies for Kara in spite of several other Kryptonian characters.
    I think "several others" is basically 4-6 actual major ones, which is a far cry from having a whole lot of Kryptonians around on a Supergirl show.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Frankly, I think if you're going to limit the amount of Krypton survivors - and an argument could certainly be made for it - there shouldn't even be Kara, just Superman. It's why the comics introduced first Matrix and then Linda Danvers in the comics when there was a mandate against other Krypton survivors during the first two decades after Crisis on Infine Earths. Once you have Supergirl as Kal's cousin, the door is open for other Kryptonians.

Though, that said, I really hated the Argo storyline last season so I would be fine with it not being mentioned again.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.