Page 257 of 374 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267307357 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I liked Otis. He was big dumb fun. You can tell the actor was having a good time. Real shame he won't be around to play sidekick to Lex.
    I think he was about to say "Otisburg" when he was killed.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

"Supergirl decides to go on a fun suicide mission!!!' Lool. I like this Manchester Black guy him and Jon make a good team. Jimmy's story is starting to get interesting with the media's spin on his fighting aliens. Good episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Is Superman dead on this Earth because, as far as I know, he's vulnerable to Kryptonite, too.

Sandy Hausler
    It was mentioned in an earlier episode that Superman is visiting Argo City. I guess to get acquainted with his Aunt Alura and find out more about what happened to his parents and more about Krypton and its people.
    They did a whole montage of people around the world that Supergirl was saving while Superman was away. So I assume Superman is still visiting Argo City.

Kinda funny that I had never heard of Manchester Black but the same week he appears ong supergirl he is mentioned in super sons. Also it's curious that they chose to race change him when his character is known for hate speech. He has claimed to be of mixed heritage but it's not known if that's true or just a way to excuse his casual racism
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Mighty Member

Alex saves the day. Nice.

J'onn J'onnz, Private Investigator!

So Lena is now the man in the van? And I can't see this ending good for James.

Can someone please give me a plausible reason why Lena doesn't know who Kara is? The opening scene on the rooftop, all I could think is that Lena has worked with almost every single one of these people in the DEO, how does she not know?

I really like the design of Agent Liberty's suit.

Drunk Brainy is freaking hilarious.

It was nice to see Alex get the win. But I have to ask- is she military? I know the DEO is a paramilitary force, but I always saw them as a government agency like the FBI or the CIA, and that they only worked WITH the military. Having some Colonel come in and suddenly she's Alex's ranking officer just feels a bit weird.

Also a bit weird, apparently there is another racist black person in charge of the DEO, only this time it's a woman. Did anybody really buy that she would be a good guy?

And really, this should have been General Lane. For the love of god, will they just recast these people already?!

I really don't like this plotline of the Colonel coming in and essentially taking over the DEO. It completely undercuts Alex and makes her look ineffectual and weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Kinda funny that I had never heard of Manchester Black but the same week he appears ong supergirl he is mentioned in super sons. Also it's curious that they chose to race change him when his character is known for hate speech. He has claimed to be of mixed heritage but it's not known if that's true or just a way to excuse his casual racism
    I don't know how anything's really been made out of that character. Manchester Black was created to represent the ascendancy of comics like The Authority and explain why Superman's way is still better, even in a more cynical world.

That's not really a character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I really don't like this plotline of the Colonel coming in and essentially taking over the DEO. It completely undercuts Alex and makes her look ineffectual and weak.
    Well, between J'onn essentially impersonating a government official for years undetected and the fact the new administration is in response to a president who did the same, I'm actually surprised the government didn't decide to clean house at the DEO and oust EVERYONE who had loyalty to J'onn. A stable long-term command roster isn't a hallmark of government especially not in 2018. It's more a series of rotating people at the top who come and go on a whim- no reason the DEO should be different.

Martian Manhunter.

Can someone please give me a plausible reason why Lena doesn't know who Kara is? The opening scene on the rooftop, all I could think is that Lena has worked with almost every single one of these people in the DEO, how does she not know?
    In the season 2 episode where the President gives amnesty to aliens, Lena creates a device that can determine if someone is human or an alien. Lena has Kara try it, but gets distracted. Kara damages the device with her heat vision.
    So that when Kara then tries the device, it flashed green, positive for human. Lena knows Supergirl is an alien. Thus if Kara is a human according to the device, Kara can't be Supergirl. Obviously Lena trusts her technology enough
    that Lena has never considered Kara to be anything but a human every since. Honestly, why would Lena think anything else? Because the two women sort of look similar? Never mind one wears glasses and usually wears her hair in a
    bun or ponytail and the other one doesn't wear glasses and lets her hair flow freely.

It was nice to see Alex get the win. But I have to ask- is she military? I know the DEO is a paramilitary force, but I always saw them as a government agency like the FBI or the CIA, and that they only worked WITH the military. Having some Colonel come in and suddenly she's Alex's ranking officer just feels a bit weird.
    In one episode it was stated that the DEO was a part of the military. The isn't the first time a military officer has taken charge of the DEO. Army General Sam Lane took over the DEO when (fake) Hank Henshaw was captured by Non.
    And Marine Colonel James Harper took over the DEO when J'onn revealed himself to be a Martian.

So Lena is now the man in the van? And I can't see this ending good for James.

I really like the design of Agent Liberty's suit.

Drunk Brainy is freaking hilarious.

Also a bit weird, apparently there is another racist black person in charge of the DEO, only this time it's a woman. Did anybody really buy that she would be a good guy?

And really, this should have been General Lane. For the love of god, will they just recast these people already?!

See, this kinda sums up the problem with Supergirl right now. When someone lists the talking points of an episode, and only mentions Kara once. And even then, it's not in any reference to anything she did, but more just your standard "Why doesn't A recognise B?" observation.

Kara's contribution to this episode was;
    Get beaten down and need to be saved by someone. Again.
    Save a few people and freeze a bit of fire.
    Watch as Alex talks down Jensen.

At this point, this isn't just the worst CW Superhero show. It's becoming the worst superhero show ever. Seriously, at least that 70's Spider-Man did... something!
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Seriously, at least that 70's Spider-Man did... something!
    Which one did more: the Nicholas Hammond version or the Electric Company Spidey?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

I wonder when we'll see Manchester Black again. I also wonder if they'll introduce his sister and their version of The Elite.

Agent Liberty is losing allies pretty quickly, eh? First the Graves siblings, now Jensen.
    Wonder what his next big move is gonna be.

Astonishing Member

I'm rather confused by the large number of aliens. I know the writers are doing a rift on Trump, how clever. So the healer dude has been in country for decades and refusing interviews for that long. He only heals aliens. That means lots of aliens in the country for decades. Well, isn't that not in the show's previous history where Kal seemed to be first. Now they've been on Earth openly for a long time? All aliens have powers?

Again the subtle digs at Kara and the gang behind rather open about their richy privilege status while working folks seem to get the shaft from all the alien conflict. So what are the writers playing at? Trump stinks but he has a point?

Also, the good guys are really terrible at fighting. Kara throws an easily blocked haymaker. Alex shoots him once? The red shirts of the DEO are useless. Rather bathetic.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I'm rather confused by the large number of aliens.
    Frankly, the large number of them on Earth is flat-out ridiculous (at least the ones with powers - the storyline would have worked out a lot better if they were more like the ones from Alien Nation).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?