Page 261 of 374 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311361 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I think either the President and Colonel Haley are out to sabotage the DEO or they are just cutting off its nose to spite its face. Because the DEO needs Supergirl more than Supergirl needs the DEO.
    She alone is worth more than a dozen platoons of DEO agents. I can't imagine they are really that stupid and prideful. Then again considering what we ha..... Nope, not going to go political.
    I think Haley is just a syncophant out to become the new Director of the DEO, and will agree with whatever the President says. It does feel like the President is out to sabotage the DEO. We’ll probably find out that he’s in the pocket of Lex Luther before the season ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    To be fair to their President, the request is sort of understandable. Supergirl is someone who motives aren't 100% known. She was living in secret among them until she went public as Supergirl. For all they know she could be like Lockwood, doing good deeds as Supergirl to make aliens look benevolent and operating in another identity as a known threat. As the President pointed out no one else gets to have a secret identity just because they claim to have loved ones that are at risk.

I'm on Supergirl's side but I know that Kara Danvers isn't some nefarious person. The general public of Earth-38 doesn't have our insights. And neither do any current DEO agents except Brainy and Alex.
    I get what you are saying, but Supergirl has saved the Earth multiple times. the only thing Agent Liberty has done is excite domestic terrorism. Besides, are they going to make the same demand of Superman? Maybe we’ll find out when he and Kara are hanging out on the farm.

I think your point will be a whole lot more valid when Red Kara shows up. But for right now, the President is clearly in the wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Lot of Dead Heroes/Villains on Earth 90, guess the 52 Multiverse in the Arrowverse has expanded. Looks like a Stargirl existed there.
    List of Dead Heroes and Villains:
    Stargirl
    Brainiac 5
    The Huntress
    Firestorm
    90s Captain Cold
    Jesse Quick
    The Ray
    Hawkman
    Hawkgirl
    Citizen Cold
    SMALLVILLE’S GREEN ARROW
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Normally I'm always for heroes being the better persons, but seriously, in this case: Go Manchester!
    He really should have blown that assholes head clean off. Supergirl's choice is gonna bite her in the ass HARD.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    List of Dead Heroes and Villains:
    Stargirl
    Brainiac 5
    The Huntress
    Firestorm
    90s Captain Cold
    Jesse Quick
    The Ray
    Hawkman
    Hawkgirl
    Citizen Cold
    SMALLVILLE’S GREEN ARROW
    Kind of wonder what that version of Ollie was doing in an entirely different world (90’s Flash world).
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Kind of wonder what that version of Ollie was doing in an entirely different world (90’s Flash world).
    Most likely just a counterpart of Earth-Smallville Green Arrow or possibly a reinforcement called in from Earth-Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Most likely just a counterpart of Earth-Smallville Green Arrow or possibly a reinforcement called in from Earth-Smallville.
    Writers confirmed it was Smallville’s version, so seems to be Ollie was the Cavalry
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Interesting thought I just had- has Ben Lockwood- or Agent Liberty- been proven to have done something illegal? I mean, we saw him kill Fiona and others. But outside of that, it feels like he's been a mouthpiece and all of the public crimes have been committed by other people. So how long will he actually be in prison?
    Didn't he claim responsibility for all those attacks on aliens? That's enough to hold him for a long time.

Extraordinary Member

"I'm not trying I'm flying!" I lold when SG pulled that building off the ground. MB makes a great addition to the team even if he's dubious in his loyalties. It's funny how there's so much meta/alien nerfing stuff lying around for humans to use.

The President may make all aliens with powers register next.

Supergirl doing something vaguely Superheroic? On Supergirl? Surely not!!?

Ah, wait. She did it after being incapacitated (again) and trapped (again) and someone else had to be there to step in whilst she was incapacitated (again).

But hey, small victories on Supergirl, right? She did lift a building and smash the surprisingly easily smashable metal that she couldn't escape from previously because huh?

This show....
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Another very, very strong episode. The throughline the season has really kept the show tightly in focus and it's great to see that this is yet another episode with Kara getting the most amount of screen time - as it should be. I'm also really glad that they didn't drag out Agent Liberty evading capture for a whole season and making our heroes just look more and more dumb. I'm sure this won't be the last we see of him but I'm pretty sure he won't be the "Big Bad" for the rest of the season as I assume that Lex Luthor is going to be revealed as the one behind all this and the one pulling the strings of those who are stoking the flames of anti-alien sentiment. Anti-alien bigotry is really kind of his entire MO. I also assume that he's going to find a way to recruit Red Son Supergirl to his cause too in the later part of the season. Finally, I have to say that I'm really glad that Supergirl is now on the outs with the DEO - I get the whole Alex/ J'onn connection but I've never liked Supergirl as a government stooge.

I'm so happy to see that Supergirl hasn't dropped the ball yet and more than 1/3 of the way through, this is looking to be Supergirl's best season to date - and one of the Arrowverse's best seasons in general.

Oh, and as for Elseworlds (which is looking more like a Crisis than what "Elseworlds" normally means in the context of DC), it already looks awesome. Is that the Book of Destiny, by the way?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Another very, very strong episode. The throughline the season has really kept the show tightly in focus and it's great to see that this is yet another episode with Kara getting the most amount of screen time - as it should be. I'm also really glad that they didn't drag out Agent Liberty evading capture for a whole season and making our heroes just look more and more dumb. I'm sure this won't be the last we see of him but I'm pretty sure he won't be the "Big Bad" for the rest of the season as I assume that Lex Luthor is going to be revealed as the one behind all this and the one pulling the strings of those who are stoking the flames of anti-alien sentiment. Anti-alien bigotry is really kind of his entire MO. I also assume that he's going to find a way to recruit Red Son Supergirl to his cause too in the later part of the season. Finally, I have to say that I'm really glad that Supergirl is now on the outs with the DEO - I get the whole Alex/ J'onn connection but I've never liked Supergirl as a government stooge.

I'm so happy to see that Supergirl hasn't dropped the ball yet and more than 1/3 of the way through, this is looking to be Supergirl's best season to date - and one of the Arrowverse's best seasons in general.

Oh, and as for Elseworlds (which is looking more like a Crisis than what "Elseworlds" normally means in the context of DC), it already looks awesome. Is that the Book of Destiny, by the way?
    You know what would have been cleaner? If Red Kara had ended up with Lex from the start, and they made her like Matrix was back in the 90's- loyal to Lex and convinced he was a good guy, while he was playing her all along.

Of course, if they did that they'd lose the Red Daughter story, and Lex would have had to been out of prison already for that to work

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Didn't he claim responsibility for all those attacks on aliens? That's enough to hold him for a long time.

Until dozens of people pull an "I am Spartacus", and now how do they prove that Lockwood did it? At the very least, I suspect we'll get a Presidential pardon for Lockwood along with Luthor when the show comes back from break.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    You know what would have been cleaner? If Red Kara had ended up with Lex from the start, and they made her like Matrix was back in the 90's- loyal to Lex and convinced he was a good guy, while he was playing her all along.

Of course, if they did that they'd lose the Red Daughter story, and Lex would have had to been out of prison already for that to work
    Yeah, as a '90s DC fan, that would be very, very cool.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Normally I'm always for heroes being the better persons, but seriously, in this case: Go Manchester!
    He really should have blown that assholes head clean off. Supergirl's choice is gonna bite her in the ass HARD.
    My favorite line was when he said "the intolerant left" with a flourish.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    "I'm not trying I'm flying!" I lold when SG pulled that building off the ground. MB makes a great addition to the team even if he's dubious in his loyalties. It's funny how there's so much meta/alien nerfing stuff lying around for humans to use.

The President may make all aliens with powers register next.
    I only knew MB from those clips of him fighting superman in that animated movie. But I have to say, this guy playing him has real presence.