Page 262 of 374 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272312362 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    To be fair to their President, the request is sort of understandable. Supergirl is someone who motives aren't 100% known. She was living in secret among them until she went public as Supergirl. For all they know she could be like Lockwood, doing good deeds as Supergirl to make aliens look benevolent and operating in another identity as a known threat. As the President pointed out no one else gets to have a secret identity just because they claim to have loved ones that are at risk.

I'm on Supergirl's side but I know that Kara Danvers isn't some nefarious person. The general public of Earth-38 doesn't have our insights. And neither do any current DEO agents except Brainy and Alex.
    All those times she was walking around the DEO as Kara are even more confusing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    All those times she was walking around the DEO as Kara are even more confusing now.
    I'm sure there are DEO agents that know, but they didn't want to rat her out. From their expressions it seemed like they knew. I don't think Colonel Haley or the President ever saw her walking around the DEO as Kara.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    I only knew MB from those clips of him fighting superman in that animated movie. But I have to say, this guy playing him has real presence.
    Yeah, he's been terrific. And, needless to say, I'm very glad he's actually British. He really sells the part.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Extraordinary Member

I only knew MB from those clips of him fighting superman in that animated movie. But I have to say, this guy playing him has real presence.
    Yeah he's really selling the character and I like him and Jon's budding Father/son relationship.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

Until dozens of people pull an "I am Spartacus", and now how do they prove that Lockwood did it? At the very least, I suspect we'll get a Presidential pardon for Lockwood along with Luthor when the show comes back from break.
    Not sure about how they'll prove it but maybe they can take Lockwood's admission as a confession. If he gets a pardon wow MB will really be able to say "I told you so."

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    When has Kara walked around the DEO in her civilian identity? I can’t remember that ever happening.

I know people would complain about Kara being even further marginalized on her own show, but I would love for Manchester to become a series regular.

When has Kara walked around the DEO in her civilian identity? I can’t remember that ever happening..
    All the time.

Was Lockwood on the phone to another of Lex's lackeys? I don't think it was Lex himself, necessarily, but it's possible.

Loved the headshake of the agent Kara glanced at. We know there's some division in the ranks (although only one (as far as I can recall) had actually 'fallen') but I think almost all of those who have been in the field with Supergirl know that she has their backs and is 'one of them'.

Superman's been active for almost 15 years in this universe, hasn't he?

As for the President putting his position and his family being under Secret Service protection as an equivalence, that's not an appropriate one. Setting aside Kara not being an employee of the DEO (unless that's changed, she's been a volunteer asset), Kara is more like an undercover officer (see Infernal Affairs the kind of issues that can create when things go wrong) - there's no separate protection for their families.

The Monitor looked great!

Kara to the President: fine, but first I will give you the list of my entire extended family and friends that you will provide Secret Service protection for the rest of out lives.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

https://deadline.com/2018/12/supergi...er-1202513953/

Seems like they are really going for the Elite storyline.

Now we need a good actor for The Hat!

Astonishing Member

I have to comment on the moon grenade. The writers certainly pull gadgets to take down Kryptonians out of thin air. Getting a little silly. I do like MB. He reminds me of Luther from the BBC series.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Another thought- Nia is a trans-gendered superhero. Yet it's the women of her people that manifest precognitive powers. Is this their way to show that gender transcends biology?
    I was thinking the same thing as well. My theory is that maybe sometimes a boy with precognitive powers and is stronger with females. Does that make sense?

Loved the fight in the factory with Nia, Brainy, and Kara. And they need to have Brainy fighting more.
    I'm also a fan of Brainy fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

Wow! I was asking about the Elite weeks ago!

What I would like to see is more actors from Babylon 5 to appear. I would love to see the Supergirl version of this scene:

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

My theory is that Lena uses the alien heart thingy to create her version of the Elite. In a past episode as soon as Lena mentioned her trials, the camera cut to MB.

Yesterday's new trailer for the Elseworld's crossover. Good to see Kara playing such an integral part.

"The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Yesterday's new trailer for the Elseworld's crossover. Good to see Kara playing such an integral part.

Yeah. As much as they talk about this crossover being about the CW Trinity, Kara has been extremely marginalized in these trailers. And as much as the original hype for this crossover had been about Batwoman appearing, she's also getting the short shrift.