Page 265 of 374 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315365 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 5596
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Yeah, she is pretty much Amanda Waller but more evil.

Those final moments were heartbreaking but I'm glad that for the next episode(s?) at least, the show will focus on one of the most compelling aspects of the show: the Alex-Kara dynamic.

I've also been quite enjoying having the DEO as an increasingly antagonistic force this season. I've never been a huge fan of having Supergirl working worth a US government agency but it got progressively stale as the show went on. I hope they don't just retur things to the status quo with the end of the season but either have the DEO as a genuine, full-on enemy for Supergirl to deal with or just completely destroy it.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Yeah, she is pretty much Amanda Waller but more evil.

Those final moments were heartbreaking but I'm glad that for the next episode(s?) at least, the show will focus on one of the most compelling aspects of the show: the Alex-Kara dynamic.

I've also been quite enjoying having the DEO as an increasingly antagonistic force this season. I've never been a huge fan of having Supergirl working worth a US government agency but it got progressively stale as the show went on. I hope they don't just retur things to the status quo with the end of the season but either have the DEO as a genuine, full-on enemy for Supergirl to deal with or just completely destroy it.
    You know what I don't get? Why is the DEO a US-only organization? You would think an agency like that would be multi-national and under UN direction. Just the sheer number of invasions that Kara has stopped and the way aliens are living in the public now, you would think that would force the DEO out of the shadows and into the light, at least with world governments. Much like how the SGC transitioned from being a US-based task force to a multinational group overseen by the UN in Stargate SG-1.

I would like to see them do something like that with the DEO in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    You know what I don't get? Why is the DEO a US-only organization? You would think an agency like that would be multi-national and under UN direction. Just the sheer number of invasions that Kara has stopped and the way aliens are living in the public now, you would think that would force the DEO out of the shadows and into the light, at least with world governments. Much like how the SGC transitioned from being a US-based task force to a multinational group overseen by the UN in Stargate SG-1.

I would like to see them do something like that with the DEO in the future.
    Then again why does the DEO have their headquarters in National City instead of the Washington DC. area. Apparently the DEO does have international reach. The DEO went to Peru to hunt down J'onn J'onzz and
    when Parasite attacked the Thorul Arctic research lab in Norway, the DEO went to investigate. I could see why the DEO was kept secret when the show started because aliens weren't out in the open. Originally
    all the other aliens were Fort Rozz escapees and that crashed in Nevada. So it didn't seem aliens were a problem outside the USA. It was only in the second season that we found out there were aliens coming in
    from several other planets somehow. I guess there are still enough hostile aliens out there though, so maybe the government doesn't want them to know about the DEO.

Astonishing Member

I'm afraid it was a silly yawn.

1. Another government conspiracy. Every show on any media has a government conspiracy. After X-Files, what else is new? Seeing how our universe's government works - I'm surprised other ones can have governments that run anything.

2. That Supergirl and Kara look alike is really a stickler. It's getting a tad ridiculous. Facial recognition that we have would break her identity rather quickly. Alex should see it in a minute.

3. Supergirl is all for law and justice. Well, we saw major breaking of the law. Punching someone in the jaw hard enough to knock them out can be life threatening or lead to permanent injuries. Mind raping someone is certainly illegal for your own purposes. It is quite reasonable for a government security agency to try to identify as possible threat (given how Kryptonians have gone bonkers quite a bit in this universe).

Mind wiping doesn't always go well. http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/JLA:_Crisis_of_Conscience

Sorry - it was lame despite some 'heart string' moments.

PS - Supergirl gets knocked on her butt again and has to be saved. What else is new? Where is Brainy's flight ring so he doesn't fall down? If your power is prediction, why do you need a costume?
    Last edited by Captain Smith; 01-22-2019 at 08:47 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Didn't like him wiping Colonel's Haley's mind. And it probably will be in vain. Yes, she is sort of a villain. But it is in a way an assault on her person.

J'onn is nicer than me. I'd have had her wander the streets of National City clucking like a chicken and blocking traffic.

Or making public statements confessing to everything from the Kennedy assassinations through putting those song snippets in your head that you can't stop humming.

First look at Jon Cryer as Lex Luthor. Doesn't look like they are playing Lex as a comedic character. I think he looks plenty scary.

Astonishing Member

Well, that's better than the childish idiot in the latest movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    J'onn is nicer than me. I'd have had her wander the streets of National City clucking like a chicken and blocking traffic.

Or making public statements confessing to everything from the Kennedy assassinations through putting those song snippets in your head that you can't stop humming.
    Actually, I wish Alex would have killed her before calling in J'onn. Blame it on the alien attack, show the lengths that Alex will go to protect her sister. Bring THAT drama into their relationship.

First look at Jon Cryer as Lex Luthor. Doesn't look like they are playing Lex as a comedic character. I think he looks plenty scary.

He has a real look of menace in his eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Actually, I wish Alex would have killed her before calling in J'onn. Blame it on the alien attack, show the lengths that Alex will go to protect her sister. Bring THAT drama into their relationship.
    Didn’t we already do that with alura’s sister?

He gives me a good Post-Crisis Lex vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Didn’t we already do that with alura’s sister?
    Different situation. Alex killed Astra to save J'onn in the heat of battle. When Kara eventually found out about what happened, she was angry but forgave Alex.

I'm talking about Alex walking up behind Haley when she was threatening Kara and instead of punching her, breaking her neck. What would THAT do their relationship. How would Kara feel knowing what lengths Alex would go to to keep her safe. And could she live with that? Hell, use that to build up to the end of the season, where Kara would ask J'onn to wipe everything from Alex in an attempt to save her from herself, and have that be a conflict going through next season.

Astonishing Member

The punch is really paradoxical given Alex's hissy fits over firearms. Punches that knock you clean out are very dangerous. Folks have died from them. Maybe Alex should just join the UFC. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQUr...?v=mQUrzm5GYyc

I said before they really lost their moral standing with such actions to protect her secret identity. Everyone knows Jimmy is Guardian. Same for Ollie. So wah, wah if Kara is revealed. No reason for such physical or mental violence unless it is just unreasoning fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    The punch is really paradoxical given Alex's hissy fits over firearms. Punches that knock you clean out are very dangerous. Folks have died from them. Maybe Alex should just join the UFC. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQUr...?v=mQUrzm5GYyc

I said before they really lost their moral standing with such actions to protect her secret identity. Everyone knows Jimmy is Guardian. Same for Ollie. So wah, wah if Kara is revealed. No reason for such physical or mental violence unless it is just unreasoning fandom.
    Could be worse. When people found out Superman's secret identity in shows like Adventures of Superman or Lois and Clark they usually died. Or best case scenario they were also mind wiped.

It would be hilarious if Red Daughter ended up being a red herring.

I had a feeling Alex was going to start acting like this. I wonder how she'll react when the mind wipe is lifted (there is no way that sticks long term).

I do like the drama that it is bringing to Alex and Kara's relationship, though.

About time Nia knew the truth.

I wonder how much Nia's sister is going to regret saying that Nia wasn't a real woman. I can imagine the grief of loosing her mother coupled with the realization that she was never going to get the power's she's wanted forever made her lash out, but I wonder if that wasn't how she always felt.

Who played Nia's father? I recognized him, but I can't place him.

I was pissed at Alex going off on Kara. Sure, Bobbi was just an innocent person who lashed out, but Bobbi chose to take that drug and she chose to go after the CoL. So Bobbi needed to learn that actions have consequences.

So, does Alex know that Brainy is an alien? I guess she knows that J'onn is. You'd think that alone would temper her feelings against aliens.

I wonder what caused Red Daughter to die. Was she just not as invulnerable as Supergirl, or is this an effect of the splitting process. And if it's that, how long until our Kara is affected?

Anyone else think something was wrong when they opened the show with the exact same footage of Red Daughter taking on the missile and drone? I thought they were replaying last week's episode for a second.