Page 267 of 374 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277317367 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,005 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    You mean Nia's sister? It's definitely possible.
    That's who I mean. Couldn't remember her name.

Sandy Hausler
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I have stated here before myself that the oodles of aliens on Earth are just nonsensical. I'm pretty sure there should be a much higher percentage of alien criminality than what we have seen on Earth-38, too.
    And it appears that most of the aliens have super powers.

Sandy Hausler
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

When My Mom saw Nia's mother, she wished her hair could be the same mix of white and silver.

Nia's dreaming landscapes remind me of Neil Gaiman's The Dreaming, but that's me and my small weird opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I'm having problems with all the aliens. First there was just Kal, then a few were around, now there are villages that existed for decades with intermarriage. I guess the writers can't keep this straight.

I really don't need social issues dominated superhero shows, I know enough about it and am concerned with real world politics concerned with such. I need the escapism and not preaching in genre shows - Meh. Fast forward is your friend.

Poor Earth, Kryptonians and Daxamites landing all the time. A planet full of super powerful Martians next door that can get in a convertible and drive over. All kinds of superpowered aliens landing and settling in.

Kara and Kal aren't so special anymore.
    It seems like each season gets a soft reboot. First season the only other aliens were Fort Rozz escapees. Second season National City is full of aliens from all over but had been in hiding. Third season most the aliens
    had disappeared and Kryptonians were about the only ones om Earth other than the two Legion members. Even Winn's girlfriend got no mention. Now this season aliens have been openly living on Earth living decades

Astonishing Member

In the current USA, immigrants usually open pretty good takeout and Mom/Pop restaurants. Where I live, the best places are Thai, Vietnamese, Japanese and now a wave of good Middle Eastern. So next season should be focused on an Alien cooking tour like Diners and Dives. Kara, Alex, J'onn and James can drive J'onn's space ship car around the country and try different foods. Quit the stupid DEO.

In the current USA, immigrants usually open pretty good takeout and Mom/Pop restaurants. Where I live, the best places are Thai, Vietnamese, Japanese and now a wave of good Middle Eastern. So next season should be focused on an Alien cooking tour like Diners and Dives. Kara, Alex, J'onn and James can drive J'onn's space ship car around the country and try different foods. Quit the stupid DEO.
    So would Guy Fieri join the cast then?

Actually that is something that would be interesting if explored if Aliens have been on Earth this long how has it effected culture. Are there alien food joints? Alien slang in the language, alien entertainment such as music or writings? New religions popping up threatening the old mind set of humanity? There are so many more interesting places go than just humans scared due to a few bad alien apples.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    It seems like each season gets a soft reboot. First season the only other aliens were Fort Rozz escapees. Second season National City is full of aliens from all over but had been in hiding. Third season most the aliens
    had disappeared and Kryptonians were about the only ones om Earth other than the two Legion members. Even Winn's girlfriend got no mention. Now this season aliens have been openly living on Earth living decades
    LOL good point. Also the aliens in Nia's village look so human that it would have been easy for them to hide and pass as human.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    So would Guy Fieri join the cast then?
    Special guest star

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    And it appears that most of the aliens have super powers.

Sandy Hausler
    Right, Sandy. There would have to be a sizable percentage of super-powered extraterrestrials causing havoc on Earth (yes, aliens are just like us, IMO ).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Supergirl has been renewed for a 5th season.

Along with Flash, Arrow, Black Lightning, Legends of Tomorrow, Riverdale, Charmed, Supernatural, Legacies, and Dynasty.

Astonishing Member

Finally got to see last week's episode.

That was...an odd episode. I know it might not be quite the same but it's weird seeing the show try to act like Alex is all that different. She really hasn't been. She's been fine with lethal force since well season 1. And a hardline view on aliens is weird considering she still had her life majorly affected by J'Onn and she clearly knows he's a Martian still.

And yeah the danger of aliens seems if anything reinforced when Supergirl casually stops Alex giving her injuries (minor as they may be).

That whole lead up with Bobbi Miller also seems odd given nothing really came of it. I figured she'd get permanent powers with that odd, she's always had rage line.

And...why does Nia have a supersuit? Her powers are entirely non physical. And from what we've seen she doesn't particularly have a secret identity to protect what with coming from a town where her mom is publicly known as a powered alien (well, former now). Does she actually have a reason for what seems to be a suit to protect her secret identity?

Also...anyone else notice how odd the powers have become? First it's every generation of Naltorian women has 1 person born with powers. But...the last 3 now with Nia have all run in her family specifically? That's pretty different than what they made it sound like.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Finally got to see last week's episode.

That was...an odd episode. I know it might not be quite the same but it's weird seeing the show try to act like Alex is all that different. She really hasn't been. She's been fine with lethal force since well season 1. And a hardline view on aliens is weird considering she still had her life majorly affected by J'Onn and she clearly knows he's a Martian still.
    The bit with Alex is odd, to say the least. It feels like they want her to act more like Henshaw now that she doesn't remember growing up with an alien. But at the same time, she was brought into the agency by J'onn, and knows that he is an alien, so she does know that there are good aliens out there. Speaking of which- does Alex now not know that Brainy is an alien?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    The bit with Alex is odd, to say the least. It feels like they want her to act more like Henshaw now that she doesn't remember growing up with an alien. But at the same time, she was brought into the agency by J'onn, and knows that he is an alien, so she does know that there are good aliens out there. Speaking of which- does Alex now not know that Brainy is an alien?
    I think what it means is growing up with an alien would have given Alex more trust in aliens than just meeting a couple of trust worthy aliens. She has only known J'onn is an alien for about three years and only
    recently met Brainy. Compare that with all the hostile aliens Alex has met since joining the DEO. I am guessing Alex also doesn't know about Clark so based on her encounters with Astra and Non, Reign, Selena,
    even most the Kryptonians Alex has met have been hostile. And Alex considering Supergirl as a vigilante, Supergirl isn't really a good example of a Kryptonian either.

According to her instagram, it looks like Melissa Benoist will be marrying Chris Wood.