Page 275 of 374 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285325 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    I enjoyed her alias as well. I also loved Lex's and hers disguises.
    The wig sort of harked back to how Linda Lee wore a wig as a disguise in the 1984 Supergirl movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I think Kara had her ears pierced while she was still a child on Krypton.
    Kara has some sort of communications device built into her earrings. Notice how she sometimes touches her ear when she first starts talking to someone while flying?
    I am guessing Kasnian Supergirl's earrings are also some sort of comm device. Maybe also a method Lex can use to control her. Emits a high pitched sound or something.

Loved that Linda Lee was the Kasnian Supergirl's alias.
    I always thought that she was wearing an earpiece like the DEO agents wear.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Man, so much awesome in one episode. The winks to old Supergirl comics were very nicely done, of course, but I especially love how it took elements from Red Son and Superman: The Movie and crafted something that stands up in its own right. I've been a champion of this whole season as it was the first time since season one that Supergirl, the show, felt like something more than just a female Flash clone but this episode and last week's really upped the ante. Cryer is great as Lex but all credit to the writing too for coming up with a great take on the character and the wait for the series to finally get into "Red Daughter" Supergirl was well worth it, as it turns out, because Benoist totally killed it in the role and the character herself was genuinely well written that, again, called back to the basic idea of Red Son that despite external influences, these are fundamentally good people whose basic morality shines through all the conditioning in the world.

Also, I've got to be honest, I liked the focus of this episode. My one main complaint with this show is that Kara still feels like a supporting player in her own show. I like almost all of her supporting cast ("Jimmy", aside) but however much I would hate to lose characters like Nia or Brainy, this show works best with a more contained cast. This episode had great bits for other characters but it was purely the Red Daughter and Lex show (with a wee bit of Lena thrown in) in a way that the series isn't often enough about Supergirl. This whole season has been a gigantic improvement over the last two but with just a bit more focus it would fully reach its potential.

Either way, brilliant episode and easily one of the top 5 Supergirl episodes to date.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

The wig sort of harked back to how Linda Lee wore a wig as a disguise in the 1984 Supergirl movie.
    Yeah; that's why I enjoyed it.

Astonishing Member

So what happens to Red Girl:

1. Dead due to some cloning flaw
    2. Killed by Kara - no.
    3. Betrays Lex, killed by him
    4. Killed by Lena - who cries at bit
    5. Depowered somehow, mindwiped and goes on to be Linda Lee in the Midwest
    6. Becomes good and lives on Argo City with Mommy.
    7. Shunting into another alternate
    8. Sent to the future to join the Legion and have affair with Mon-el (who is divorced by now)
    9. Marries some guy who is a superhorse

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    So what happens to Red Girl:

1. Dead due to some cloning flaw
    2. Killed by Kara - no.
    3. Betrays Lex, killed by him
    4. Killed by Lena - who cries at bit
    5. Depowered somehow, mindwiped and goes on to be Linda Lee in the Midwest
    6. Becomes good and lives on Argo City with Mommy.
    7. Shunting into another alternate
    8. Sent to the future to join the Legion and have affair with Mon-el (who is divorced by now)
    9. Marries some guy who is a superhorse
    Another possibility is she merges back with or is absorbed by Supergirl. Sort of like what happened with Superman after he was split apart in the Superman III movie or with Matrix and Linda Danvers in the comic books.

I wonder if Ms. Tessmacher's fling with Mon-El was part of Luther's plan (an abortive part, obviously) or if she just wanted to have fun.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I wonder if Ms. Tessmacher's fling with Mon-El was part of Luther's plan (an abortive part, obviously) or if she just wanted to have fun.
    Judging by her moon eyes when Eve first saw Mon-El I think she just had the hots for him. I doubt Lex would have approved. Otis seems to have gone off script by saving Mikhail, so I can guess
    Eve could go off script too if she was horny enough. Having sex in a storage room seems to be an odd way to gather intel on James Olsen, which is why Eve was sent to Catco in the first place.

Extraordinary Member

Been binge watching this on CW online cuz it's not on Amazon anymore for whatever reason. Who knew Duckie would grow up to be a great Lex Luthor lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Been binge watching this on CW online cuz it's not on Amazon anymore for whatever reason. Who knew Duckie would grow up to be a great Lex Luthor lol.
    And Lenny has gone from the apprentice to the master. It's great the gang from Superman movies is back together. Lex, Otis, and Miss Teschmacher. Andrea Brooks is really showing her acting chops.
    All this time she was playing this cute little background character and now she is a full blown villain that would probably be the one dangling the movie Miss Teschmacher over the alligators. And Otis
    seems to be having fun working for Lex now.

Extraordinary Member

And Lenny has gone from the apprentice to the master. It's great the gang from Superman movies is back together. Lex, Otis, and Miss Teschmacher. Andrea Brooks is really showing her acting chops.
    All this time she was playing this cute little background character and now she is a full blown villain that would probably be the one dangling the movie Miss Teschmacher over the alligators. And Otis
    Yeah the Miss Tessmacher reveal was great storytelling.
    Otis" you want me to stay here and hang out with the Russkies?"
    Lex"No I need you to drive me back!"
    Otis"Oh" LOL.

Otis has done a complete 180, and I'm loving him now. Him as the competent heavy with his sister was just boring. I think you hit the nail on the head with 'fun'.

Extraordinary Member

Just finished watching the Elseworlds Crossover.

Clark gushing about how much stronger Kara is while Lois lectures him on girls thinking better? Gag.
    Last edited by brettc1; 03-30-2019 at 07:35 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Just finished watching the Elseworlds Crossover.

Clark gushing about how people much stronger Kara is while Lois lectures him on girls thinking better? Gag.
    How is this Lois than any different than any other Lois? Lois always thought she was smarter than Clark. Are you new to Superman? If so watch the Phyllis Coates, Noel Neill, Margot Kidder, Teri Hatcher,
    or Erica Durance versions of Lois Lane. Get a better understanding of the Clark Kent - Lois Lane relationship and you will have a better understanding of the Elizabeth Tulloch version of Lois Lane.
    As far as Supergirl, in the comic books Supergirl is stronger than Superman. Again find more out about Superman.

Extraordinary Member

How is this Lois than any different than any other Lois? Lois always thought she was smarter than Clark. Are you new to Superman? If so watch the Phyllis Coates, Noel Neill, Margot Kidder, Teri Hatcher,
    or Erica Durance versions of Lois Lane. Get a better understanding of the Clark Kent - Lois Lane relationship and you will have a better understanding of the Elizabeth Tulloch version of Lois Lane.
    As far as Supergirl, in the comic books Supergirl is stronger than Superman. Again find more out about Superman.
    She is not. I am well aware that this idea springs up from time to time. I am not new to the characters, thsnk you for asking, which I why I know your proposal is, at best, debatable.

Secondly, while the Clark/Lois dynamic is well established, context counts and in the context of his dubious statements about Kara being "stronger" it's rather on the nose, IMO.

Finally, the context in which Clark seems to be speaking would to me be about character. And again, whetes that coming from? It's one thing for Clark to praise Clarks strength and no problem with that, but what is the purpose of the writers in having him rank second to her? Because Clark is fictional and only speaks the words the writers put in his mouth. When lines like this come up, it just shouts out agenda.

It's fine to have a message to put across, but I think the writing staff need to watch more episodes of the Orville and take notes on how to do it without hitting people in the face with a brick.
    Last edited by brettc1; 03-30-2019 at 05:08 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor