Page 276 of 287 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 4302

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I wonder if Ms. Tessmacher's fling with Mon-El was part of Luther's plan (an abortive part, obviously) or if she just wanted to have fun.
    Judging by her moon eyes when Eve first saw Mon-El I think she just had the hots for him. I doubt Lex would have approved. Otis seems to have gone off script by saving Mikhail, so I can guess
    Eve could go off script too if she was horny enough. Having sex in a storage room seems to be an odd way to gather intel on James Olsen, which is why Eve was sent to Catco in the first place.

Astonishing Member

Been binge watching this on CW online cuz it's not on Amazon anymore for whatever reason. Who knew Duckie would grow up to be a great Lex Luthor lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Been binge watching this on CW online cuz it's not on Amazon anymore for whatever reason. Who knew Duckie would grow up to be a great Lex Luthor lol.
    And Lenny has gone from the apprentice to the master. It's great the gang from Superman movies is back together. Lex, Otis, and Miss Teschmacher. Andrea Brooks is really showing her acting chops.
    All this time she was playing this cute little background character and now she is a full blown villain that would probably be the one dangling the movie Miss Teschmacher over the alligators. And Otis
    seems to be having fun working for Lex now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    And Lenny has gone from the apprentice to the master. It's great the gang from Superman movies is back together. Lex, Otis, and Miss Teschmacher. Andrea Brooks is really showing her acting chops.
    All this time she was playing this cute little background character and now she is a full blown villain that would probably be the one dangling the movie Miss Teschmacher over the alligators. And Otis
    Yeah the Miss Tessmacher reveal was great storytelling.
    Otis" you want me to stay here and hang out with the Russkies?"
    Lex"No I need you to drive me back!"
    Otis"Oh" LOL.

Otis has done a complete 180, and I'm loving him now. Him as the competent heavy with his sister was just boring. I think you hit the nail on the head with 'fun'.

Extraordinary Member

Just finished watching the Elseworlds Crossover.

Clark gushing about how much stronger Kara is while Lois lectures him on girls thinking better? Gag.
    Last edited by brettc1; 03-30-2019 at 07:35 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post

Clark gushing about how people much stronger Kara is while Lois lectures him on girls thinking better? Gag.
    How is this Lois than any different than any other Lois? Lois always thought she was smarter than Clark. Are you new to Superman? If so watch the Phyllis Coates, Noel Neill, Margot Kidder, Teri Hatcher,
    or Erica Durance versions of Lois Lane. Get a better understanding of the Clark Kent - Lois Lane relationship and you will have a better understanding of the Elizabeth Tulloch version of Lois Lane.
    As far as Supergirl, in the comic books Supergirl is stronger than Superman. Again find more out about Superman.

Extraordinary Member

How is this Lois than any different than any other Lois? Lois always thought she was smarter than Clark. Are you new to Superman? If so watch the Phyllis Coates, Noel Neill, Margot Kidder, Teri Hatcher,
    or Erica Durance versions of Lois Lane. Get a better understanding of the Clark Kent - Lois Lane relationship and you will have a better understanding of the Elizabeth Tulloch version of Lois Lane.
    As far as Supergirl, in the comic books Supergirl is stronger than Superman. Again find more out about Superman.
    She is not. I am well aware that this idea springs up from time to time. I am not new to the characters, thsnk you for asking, which I why I know your proposal is, at best, debatable.

Secondly, while the Clark/Lois dynamic is well established, context counts and in the context of his dubious statements about Kara being "stronger" it's rather on the nose, IMO.

Finally, the context in which Clark seems to be speaking would to me be about character. And again, whetes that coming from? It's one thing for Clark to praise Clarks strength and no problem with that, but what is the purpose of the writers in having him rank second to her? Because Clark is fictional and only speaks the words the writers put in his mouth. When lines like this come up, it just shouts out agenda.

It's fine to have a message to put across, but I think the writing staff need to watch more episodes of the Orville and take notes on how to do it without hitting people in the face with a brick.
    Last edited by brettc1; 03-30-2019 at 05:08 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post

Clark gushing about how people much stronger Kara is while Lois lectures him on girls thinking better? Gag.
    100% co-sign.

Believe me, you are not alone on this particular topic.

I'm only watching this show because Jon Cryer has exceeded my low expectations by a whole lot. As soon as his arc is done (or when he professes how much better Lena is than him / how much better Kara is than Kal, whichever scenario comes first).

This show gets zero benefit of the doubt at this point, and anything good isn't expected to last.

Yeah, not buying that bit at all.

Name one feat that Kara did on-panel that Kal didn't equal or better. And please cite in which issue this on-panel feat happens.

AFAIK, one Supergirl writer made this false claim in an interview, and never actually followed it up with any actual feats to back up this claim.

As for Lois, all those examples you cited aren't applicable, since most of them never know Clark's secret. Once Hatcher and Durance's Lois found out Clark was Superman, their attitudes drastically changed. And the comic book Lois Lane who is married to Clark definitely respects him more than the Earth-38 Lois does.

SUPERGIRL lives and dies by its motto "Gurlz Rule, Boyz Drool".

Honestly, It really sounds like maybe YOU'RE the one who needs to "find out more about Superman".

Double Post (10char)
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 03-30-2019 at 07:53 PM.

Doesn't whether Supergirl is stronger than Superman, or not, have to do with which of them has had the most recent exposure to yellow sun radiation, as well as the duration and intensity of that exposure?

Quote Originally Posted by karatattoo View Post
    Doesn't whether Supergirl is stronger than Superman, or not, have to do with which of them has had the most recent exposure to yellow sun radiation, as well as the duration and intensity of that exposure?
    Not really, for a couple of reasons:

1) Consistent feats on-panel will always count way more than off-panel pseudo-sci-fi reasoning. Kal has way more and way better feats on-panel than Kara does.

But, even if we use the pseudo-sci-fi reasoning, in most origins:

2.) Kal's been mainlining yellow sun radiation since infancy, while Kara only started during puberty

3.) Kal is an adult male with considerably more mass (235 lbs for Kal vs 115 lbs for Kara), so he simply has twice the number of cells guzzling yellow sun radiation than she does.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by karatattoo View Post
    Again, Clark’s statement to me is talking about Kara being a stronger character mentally and emotionally.

Which is just weird even in the context of the episode, considering she couldn’t use the book of destiny and he could. But again, it comes back to the intent of the writers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Not really, for a couple of reasons:

1) Consistent feats on-panel will always count way more than off-panel pseudo-sci-fi reasoning. Kal has way more and way better feats on-panel than Kara does.

But, even if we use the pseudo-sci-fi reasoning, in most origins:

2.) Kal's been mainlining yellow sun radiation since infancy, while Kara only started during puberty

3.) Kal is an adult male with considerably more mass (235 lbs for Kal vs 115 lbs for Kara), so he simply has twice the number of cells guzzling yellow sun radiation than she does.
    Maybe females process yellow sun radiation more efficiently. Wouldn’t really surprise me if this turned out to be a thing...