Page 276 of 374 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286326 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Just finished watching the Elseworlds Crossover.

Clark gushing about how people much stronger Kara is while Lois lectures him on girls thinking better? Gag.
    100% co-sign.

Believe me, you are not alone on this particular topic.

I'm only watching this show because Jon Cryer has exceeded my low expectations by a whole lot. As soon as his arc is done (or when he professes how much better Lena is than him / how much better Kara is than Kal, whichever scenario comes first).

This show gets zero benefit of the doubt at this point, and anything good isn't expected to last.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    How is this Lois than any different than any other Lois? Lois always thought she was smarter than Clark. Are you new to Superman? If so watch the Phyllis Coates, Noel Neill, Margot Kidder, Teri Hatcher,
    or Erica Durance versions of Lois Lane. Get a better understanding of the Clark Kent - Lois Lane relationship and you will have a better understanding of the Elizabeth Tulloch version of Lois Lane.
    As far as Supergirl, in the comic books Supergirl is stronger than Superman. Again find more out about Superman.
    Yeah, not buying that bit at all.

Name one feat that Kara did on-panel that Kal didn't equal or better. And please cite in which issue this on-panel feat happens.

AFAIK, one Supergirl writer made this false claim in an interview, and never actually followed it up with any actual feats to back up this claim.

As for Lois, all those examples you cited aren't applicable, since most of them never know Clark's secret. Once Hatcher and Durance's Lois found out Clark was Superman, their attitudes drastically changed. And the comic book Lois Lane who is married to Clark definitely respects him more than the Earth-38 Lois does.

SUPERGIRL lives and dies by its motto "Gurlz Rule, Boyz Drool".

Honestly, It really sounds like maybe YOU'RE the one who needs to "find out more about Superman".

Double Post (10char)
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 03-30-2019 at 07:53 PM.

Doesn't whether Supergirl is stronger than Superman, or not, have to do with which of them has had the most recent exposure to yellow sun radiation, as well as the duration and intensity of that exposure?

Quote Originally Posted by karatattoo View Post
    Doesn't whether Supergirl is stronger than Superman, or not, have to do with which of them has had the most recent exposure to yellow sun radiation, as well as the duration and intensity of that exposure?
    Not really, for a couple of reasons:

1) Consistent feats on-panel will always count way more than off-panel pseudo-sci-fi reasoning. Kal has way more and way better feats on-panel than Kara does.

But, even if we use the pseudo-sci-fi reasoning, in most origins:

2.) Kal's been mainlining yellow sun radiation since infancy, while Kara only started during puberty

3.) Kal is an adult male with considerably more mass (235 lbs for Kal vs 115 lbs for Kara), so he simply has twice the number of cells guzzling yellow sun radiation than she does.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by karatattoo View Post
    Again, Clark’s statement to me is talking about Kara being a stronger character mentally and emotionally.

Which is just weird even in the context of the episode, considering she couldn’t use the book of destiny and he could. But again, it comes back to the intent of the writers.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Not really, for a couple of reasons:

1) Consistent feats on-panel will always count way more than off-panel pseudo-sci-fi reasoning. Kal has way more and way better feats on-panel than Kara does.

But, even if we use the pseudo-sci-fi reasoning, in most origins:

2.) Kal's been mainlining yellow sun radiation since infancy, while Kara only started during puberty

3.) Kal is an adult male with considerably more mass (235 lbs for Kal vs 115 lbs for Kara), so he simply has twice the number of cells guzzling yellow sun radiation than she does.
    Maybe females process yellow sun radiation more efficiently. Wouldn’t really surprise me if this turned out to be a thing...
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

When Supergirl was first brought back into the comics before the New52, while Batman and Superman were testing her Batman remarked something along the lines that a) she was faster than Superman, and b) she processed radiation more efficiently than Superman, and thus was more powerful.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    When Supergirl was first brought back into the comics before the New52, while Batman and Superman were testing her Batman remarked something along the lines that a) she was faster than Superman, and b) she processed radiation more efficiently than Superman, and thus was more powerful.
    Yeah, that lasted for about 10 minutes...

Ok, so a few things

1. Comic "feats" and explanations don't matter to the TV series canon

2. Supergirl already established herself as being more powerful than Clark during the Season 2 finale, so it's not like this line came from nothing and was just pure "feminist propaganda".

3. Who fucking cares? "My favorite character is weaker than character X, this whole show sucks!"
    Seriously, is this Dragon Ball Z or what?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Ok, so a few things

1. Comic "feats" and explanations don't matter to the TV series canon

2. Supergirl already established herself as being more powerful than Clark during the Season 2 finale, so it's not like this line came from nothing and was just pure "feminist propaganda".

3. Who cares? "My favorite character is weaker than character X, this whole show sucks!"
    Seriously, is this Dragon Ball Z or what?
    Questionable writing is the issue. In both this crossover and said finale, the writers make a deliberate decision to have Clark defer to Kara as the number one.

The question is why? In the season 2 finale it could simply have been a political decision that Rhea would fight Rhea because she HAD just beaten Clark. It didn’t have to be him saying she was better then him, and likewise I don’t see the logic behind Clatks statement here that she is somehow superior in her moral fibre.

Movies like Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman manage to show their female leads as strong and competent without making it into a pissing match, and I could say the same for Legends of Tomorrow. But for some reason whenever Clark shows op in Supergirl the writers feel compelled to “put him in his place”.

Apparently I’m not the only one who feels likes it’s hard to enjoy watching the show when you’re rolling your eyes.

BANNED

Questionable writing is the issue. In both this crossover and said finale, the writers make a deliberate decision to have Clark defer to Kara as the number one.

The question is why?
    Because the show is Supergirl?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Because the show is Supergirl?
    Yes, and you’d think that would be about equality, wouldn’t you?

BANNED

Yes, and you’d think that would be about equality, wouldn’t you?
    One of the reasons I stopped watching is because they chose to bring Superman in at all, but having done that, then no...I would expect Kara to be the most capable and powerful hero of her own show.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    One of the reasons I stopped watching is because they chose to bring Superman in at all, but having done that, then no...I would expect Kara to be the most capable and powerful hero of her own show.
    Which to me is weird, because when Ollie and Barry team up they are equally capable. Similarly, when the speedsters team up in the Flash it's not explicitly stated the one or the other is faster.

My point is The writing here in SG is ham fisted.