Page 277 of 374 FirstFirst ... 177227267273274275276277278279280281287327 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,155 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Which to me is weird, because when Ollie and Barry team up they are equally capable. Similarly, when the speedsters team up in the Flash it's not explicitly stated the one or the other is faster.

My point is The writing here in SG is ham fisted.
    Except- on Flash, they've outright said that Wally is faster than Barry. Which is why the writers do everything to take him out of every fight he and Barry are in. That's also a case of ham-fisted writing.

Mighty Member

Nice frame up of Supergirl.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Except- on Flash, they've outright said that Wally is faster than Barry. Which is why the writers do everything to take him out of every fight he and Barry are in. That's also a case of ham-fisted writing.
    Hmmm. So even though it's Barry's show, they have a character on there that's FASTER then him and it doesn't ruin the whole premise of the show and make the universe implode?

How interesting...
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I think the point trying to be made is that Supergirl can be the best without having to “job” other characters.

You want Supergirl to be stronger than Superman, that’s fine (I’m all for strong women), but you don’t have to sacrifice Superman’s character to portray that. A perfect example would be showing them fighting something and she does a better job, or tanking an attack and looking better off than Clark.

Also note, only during Wally’s initial speed training was he faster than Barry was when he received the same training. Barry is way faster than Wally has been shown to be still (Wally seems to have better potential to get faster, quicker, however).
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Kara lived on Krypton for 14 years. She spent more time physically developing in a "harsher" environment. Stronger bone and muscle development will go with that. Clark spent less than 1 year I guess.

There. No-prized. (Wrong company, but there you go).

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Kara lived on Krypton for 14 years. She spent more time physically developing in a "harsher" environment. Stronger bone and muscle development will go with that. Clark spent less than 1 year I guess.

But wouldn’t the other Kryptonians we’ve seen be even stronger than Kara and Clark then if that’s the case?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    But wouldn’t the other Kryptonians we’ve seen be even stronger than Kara and Clark then if that’s the case?
    You're putting too much thought into what is essentially magic masquerading as science fiction.

I'm just putting out there that it's pretty easy to come up with something good enough without thinking too much about it.

I mean, Daxamites are supposed to be stronger than Kryptonians, but the show didn't do that.

Hmmm. So even though it's Barry's show, they have a character on there that's FASTER then him and it doesn't ruin the whole premise of the show and make the universe implode?

How interesting...
    Only because they knock him unconscious, trap him in the Speedforce, send him off to the Legends, then ship him off to an Ashram.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post

Just as aside, I think the whole harsher environment/high-g world is out the airlock. Lois is able to live on Argo, and Kara is shown to be no stronger than a human female of her build under a red Sun or when her solar reserves are drained.

So as far as I can see it's all yellow sun boogedy-science giving her and Clark powers
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Only because they knock him unconscious, trap him in the Speedforce, send him off to the Legends, then ship him off to an Ashram.
    Still turns up in Barry's show as much as Clark does in SG.

I like what they are doing with James here. It's nice to finally show that, when something horrific happens to one of these characters, there are consequences beyond the immediate ones.

Nice frame job of Supergirl. For a second, I thought Red Daughter would end up killing Lockwood's son, but I'm kinda grateful that James got him out before she could.

Hey, Metallos! Let's send an army of them against Supergirl!

I wonder how Lockwood will feel when he realizes he's been working for Lex this whole time.

Speaking of working for Lex, I wonder if Col. Haley will be the one to find the evidence of the President working for Lex as well. Very convenient that he wasn't there.

Still can't nail down Haley. She's either in on the whole thing, or she's starting to realize that she's being duped and she really is a patriot.

Loved Alex, Lena and Kara working together. And I think Lillian is wrong- if Lena explains that she wanted to save her brother, I think both of them could empathize with that.

Nice that Kara apologized for how she was written last season... er, her attitude towards Lena and Kryptonite.

As for the next episode- Lockwood in the DEO assaulting Brainy- Brainy better kick his ass. Or at least escape using his ring.

Just as aside, I think the whole harsher environment/high-g world is out the airlock. Lois is able to live on Argo, and Kara is shown to be no stronger than a human female of her build under a red Sun or when her solar reserves are drained.

So as far as I can see it's all yellow sun boogedy-science giving her and Clark powers
    You can't really count Argo though. Krypton would have had a much different environment as a planet tethered to a red supergiant star than Argo does as a colony floating through space with an atmosphere that is artificially generated by Harun-El.

That's not exactly what happened.

Wally's speed was progressing at a faster rate then Barry's did when he first started out but I don't think he was ever definitively stated to be faster then Barry.

It also became a moot point once Barry came back from the Speed Force with a speed upgrade and they had Wally outright say Barry was running faster then he'd ever gone.

Wally being faster then Barry wasn't the issue the writers had, they just had trouble figuring out how to come up with believable plots and problems when there are two active Speedsters running around. They have enough trouble coming up for believable difficulties for just one Speedster.
    Still turns up in Barry's show as much as Clark does in SG.
    He showed up a lot more then Clark since he was Barry's sidekick.

Great episode, but a shame Red Daughter didn't finish Lockwood.

Anyways, another 3 weeks break >.<

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's not exactly what happened.

Wally's speed was progressing at a faster rate then Barry's did when he first started out but I don't think he was ever definitively stated to be faster then Barry.

It also became a moot point once Barry came back from the Speed Force with a speed upgrade and they had Wally outright say Barry was running faster then he'd ever gone.

Wally being faster then Barry wasn't the issue the writers had, they just had trouble figuring out how to come up with believable plots and problems when there are two active Speedsters running around. They have enough trouble coming up for believable difficulties for just one Speedster.
    I agree with all of this, Frontier.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?