Page 280 of 286 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 4281

I love the kind of bond and understanding Lena and Lex have. It's twisted, but it's kind of sweet. I like Kara and Lex's neighbor, using her journalism skills!

Sometimes I hate Haley and sometimes I like her. The president is a complete jerk, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    The only thing that I found a little ridiculous was Kara quickly changing clothes to get away from Otis.....and the dumbass actually BUYING it. But then again, it was played for laughs, so why not.
    That was a risky move considering Otis knew enough to get suspicious over seeing a woman in that block, but Kara was weak from the kryptonite, so it was her only play until she could get enough sun to restore her powers. I was worried Lex actually blew Otis up, I'm glad Eve was able to rescue him.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I am guessing Alex's mind will stay wiped until either Colonel Haley leaves the DEO after the president is exposed or there is a rumor that the world finds out that Kara is Supergirl. Maybe the later even triggers Alex to regain her memories.

I don't care what anyone says, Otis is a fun guy. I like that he actually is vaguely competent and not a total wimp, unlike the movie version of Otis.

It's a pretty common practice to instantly go from Supergirl to civvies. A couple other times I recall were in season 1 where Kara is supposed to be baby sitting Cat's son. Supergirl goes to his school to pick him up.dives into some bushes
    and Kara instantly emerges wearing a dress, her hair done up, and glasses. Another time was in the season 3 premiere where James uses the signal watch and Supergirl flies in through a window at Catco, walks past a curtain, and comes
    out on the other side again wearing a dress, her hair done up, and glasses. At least in this scene a few seconds transpired, it wasn't an instantaneous change.

If he is still being Guardian he should be a little less likely to get his butt kicked in a fight.

When the crook empties his gun on Superman, why does Superman just stand there, but when the crook runs out of bullets and throws the gun at Superman, why does Superman duck? If the bullets don't hurt him,
    why would Superman think an empty gun hitting him would? Obviously an instinctive reaction, just like being startled by a loud noise would happen with Supergirl.
    Because he can. That's not instinctive, it's a choice. Plus, to be honest, it's not something I've seen often enough to consider it a point of comparison, though I'm not steeped in Superman lore so fair enough if it's a regular thing that Superman is well known for.

And again, being a bit startled and Kara's reaction in that scene are poles apart.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Because he can. That's not instinctive, it's a choice. Plus, to be honest, it's not something I've seen often enough to consider it a point of comparison, though I'm not steeped in Superman lore so fair enough if it's a regular thing that Superman is well known for.

And again, being a bit startled and Kara's reaction in that scene are poles apart.
    Just because something can't hurt you doesn't mean you can't be startled by it. That's the whole point of a Jack in the Box toy.

Mighty Member

Jimmy's gone from being Guardian to Superman.

I must be an idiot to not have realized where they were going with "DREAMER" and the significance of her name. It's so natural to think of the LSH and Dream Girl that I actually forgot how this show is such a thinly-veiled reference to current events. Duh!

American Woman was a bit on the nose.

Nice to see Kara being a reporter.

Really wish James would have tossed Benji out the window.

I do feel bad for George loosing his mom, seeing as he has a conscious. But good riddance to bad nazi rubbish.

Great episode. Especially seeing that fucker Lockwood humiliated like that.

I wonder if it is in Melissa Benoist's contract that she gets to do a certain amount of episodes per season where she doesn't have to wear the Supergirl costume.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Great episode. Especially seeing that fucker Lockwood humiliated like that.
    I haven't caught the episode yet, but this alone makes me desperate for a viewing.
    His current approval rating is 34%, meaning 34% of Americans are still morons.

I wonder if it is in Melissa Benoist's contract that she gets to do a certain amount of episodes per season where she doesn't have to wear the Supergirl costume.
    I’m guessing the legends of tomorrow have the same contract.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I’m guessing the legends of tomorrow have the same contract.
    There is a picture of- I think next weeks episode, where Gary is wearing Steel's costume. Which means between him wearing the Flash costume and this, he's spent more time in a costume than the rest of the legends COMBINED.

I'm just thankful we got Kara Danvers, reporter for a whole episode. Last year they seemed to forget she even had a job for the second half of the season.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'm just thankful we got Kara Danvers, reporter for a whole episode. Last year they seemed to forget she even had a job for the second half of the season.
    Yeah, this is one of the many reasons why this season has been just so much better than the past two.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Mighty Member

Look's like Kara made a bad decision going to see the President.

So apparently on Earth 38, everyone is gay.

I'm all for inclusion, and I have no problems with gay or trans-gendered characters, but I'm honestly getting tired of every new person they introduce being gay. From the warden at the prison to James' sister. I get it, you're progressive. Move on, PLEASE.

Jesus, surely Cat Grant or even Snapper F'ng Car taught Kara:

A) always make copies of proof, especially of major conspiracies
    B) at the very least, bluff and say that many people know the information
    C) arrange to have the information leaked if you're not back by a certain time.

Nice to see the kid tell Benji to shove it.

Next week looks good. Finally get the grudge match. My only question is will Red Daughter still be on Lex's side by the final episode, or will Kara convince her to renounce him.

Also, I'm expecting President Baker to issue a full and unconditional pardon to Lex, and then have him confirmed as his Vice President- just in time for him to be impeached.