Page 281 of 286 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 4281

What annoyed me the most was Kara blowing the perfect moment to come clean towards Lena in the plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    What annoyed me the most was Kara blowing the perfect moment to come clean towards Lena in the plane.
    That actually reminded me of a scene in one of the Christopher Reeves Superman movies. I seem to remember a scene in the first one where Clark takes off his glasses as Lois has her back to him, and he's about to tell her... but then he changes his mind and puts the glasses back on.

Of course, this just sets up that Lex or Lillian will tell Lena at some point BEFORE Kara can, causing a rift in their friendship and potentially leading Lena to turn into a villain.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    That actually reminded me of a scene in one of the Christopher Reeves Superman movies. I seem to remember a scene in the first one where Clark takes off his glasses as Lois has her back to him, and he's about to tell her... but then he changes his mind and puts the glasses back on.

Of course, this just sets up that Lex or Lillian will tell Lena at some point BEFORE Kara can, causing a rift in their friendship and potentially leading Lena to turn into a villain.
    Ugh, please no. I'm having Smallville flashbacks.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Been behind because of TV problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Good episode. And a really funny coincidence, with them showing an obvious Assange-inspired character just a few days after his arrest.
    I think it would have been cooler if Vic Sage or Walter Kovacs was Lex's neighbor, but that's my small weird opinion.

Yeah . . . I know I have to catch up.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Finally caught up and I still say it would have been cooler if Vic Sage or Walter Kovacs helped Kara with the Lex conspiracy.

It makes sense that Dreamer is there to go public as an alien and be the target of Lockwood's crusade (you know after getting the alien who killed his wife), and Supergirl/Kara has other business to deal with, but...Nia kind of isn't an alien. I mean, she was born in the good old U S of A, wasn't she? Is that ever going to come up?

I really wish Kara would've told Lena she's Supergirl. That was actually the perfect opening. She could've said something like "You're right, Lena, trust is hard to come by these days, and even I have only a few people I can trust with a secret of mine. But now I realize I can trust you, and I hope you can forgive me for keeping this secret from you for so long, but I'm Supergirl." She should confess just to get ahead of Lex possibly outing her.

So apparently on Earth 38, everyone is gay.

I'm all for inclusion, and I have no problems with gay or trans-gendered characters, but I'm honestly getting tired of every new person they introduce being gay. From the warden at the prison to James' sister. I get it, you're progressive. Move on, PLEASE.
    I think it's because they want to introduce a new love interest for Alex.

So apparently on Earth 38, everyone is gay.

I'm all for inclusion, and I have no problems with gay or trans-gendered characters, but I'm honestly getting tired of every new person they introduce being gay. From the warden at the prison to James' sister. I get it, you're progressive. Move on, PLEASE.
    Pretty sure Kara Danvers, Lena Luthor, Lillian Luthor, Eve Teschmacher, James Olsen, Ben Lockwood, Manchester Black, J'onn J'onnz, Eliza Danvers, are all straight.

Mighty Member

I liked how Kara absored the solar energy around her when she was dead.

Did Red Daughter turn day into night with that first blast?

I REALLY hope they aren't trying to make Alex and Jenny Olsen a thing. I get nothing from that actress, and I just want her to go back to DC or wherever she was before.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I liked how Kara absored the solar energy around her when she was dead.
    So all it takes to bring a Super back to life is to put a handful of grass in their hand. Seems very quick and efficient. Too bad the Super Friends in the Justice League movie didn't know that, considering all the
    elaborate means they went through to bring Superman back to life.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    So all it takes to bring a Super back to life is to put a handful of grass in their hand. Seems very quick and efficient. Too bad the Super Friends in the Justice League movie didn't know that, considering all the
    elaborate means they went through to bring Superman back to life.
    It's a bad idea that Frank Miller used in The Dark Knight Returns which made no sense 30+ years ago. But it's far from the worst take on Kryptonian powers even on this show (let alone other Superman adaptations). Just wish someone would set up a plausible (not necessarily scientifically accurate but just plausible) idea of how the powers work and have that be the standard for TV/Movies/Comics instead of all the wacky depower/repower ideas I've seen.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Seconding the Day to Night punch.

Are we all just supposed to power through that or will there be an explanation?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    Seconding the Day to Night punch.

Are we all just supposed to power through that or will there be an explanation?
    I thought that maybe she got punched into a different time zone, but then Eliza showed up.

As for how she was resurrected- you can blame Frank Miller for that. I only wished it had been in a green field so we could see the grass dying as she soaked up the solar radiation, and not a dark forest where we couldn't see anything.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

I thought she punched her across the p!anet as well, but on second look that's a nope.

The vines were glowing, but without that it would have looked really weird.