Page 283 of 286 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286 LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 4290
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I guess this is how they put that genie back in the bottle. Humans just can't handle superpowers.

Evil Brainy was awesome. I could even forgive the makeup for once. This actor (Jessie Rath?) pulled off an astounding transformation.
    I dunno Agent Liberty doesn't seem to be having too many problems.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I dunno Agent Liberty doesn't seem to be having too many problems.
    He's pulling his hair out in clumps. Even Lena said he was deteriorating.

Supergirl Production Meeting...

Producer 1: Hey, did you see we've got this big fight between the two Kara's on this weeks episode?
    Producer 2: Yeah, that'll be epic. We'll have to put some work in though. We'll need Melissa playing both sides of the fight, that'll need lots of doubling and split screen effects.
    Producer 1: True. Or we could just put in the level of effort we normally give to the show, stick one of the Kara's in a mask and have the rest of the day off.
    Producer 2: Nailed it.

Later, at the bar...

Producer 1: Oh hey. Kara is losing that fight against herself, right?
    Producer 2: Have you seen our show? Of course she is!
    Producer 1: But aren't they supposed to be identical? How do we pull that off?
    Producer 2: Same way we always do. A bit of extra nerfing on Kara and give whoever's fighting her some random made-up power to add to the long list of things that our Kara is vulnerable to.
    Producer 1: Cool. Oh, and who's turn is it to save the hero of our show this week when she's beaten again?
    Producer 2: Hmm, I'm not sure. Check the rotation, it might be an Alex week for this episode.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

At first I was upset with Brainy by his lack of professionalism, having to confess his love to Dreamer in a time like this (it's also too bad he hasn't seen Star Wars yet, he told Dreamer the odds...never tell them the odds!), but that just made his transformation into the cold, emotional Brainiac the Fifth all the more terrifying.

So the president is just one of Lex's stooges? Maybe world domination won't be so hard for him.

Spectacular Member

They should have let it slip that the President's Secret Service Codename is Scarecrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    They should have let it slip that the President's Secret Service Codename is Scarecrow.
    Can Kate Jackson be 1st Lady?

Pretty crappy that they have completely ignored the fact that the previous president was removed from office for being an alien....having perpetrated the biggest fraud ever on the American people and there is no investigation into how she did it, who may have helped her, and punishment for her and her co-conspirators. Looking at you Alex Danvers...as soon as she knew the president was an alien it was her duty to report it to the DOJ...but no...let's just ignore the law and U.S. Constitution because we like her policies.
    I figured all of that stuff is happening off screen, so the show can focus on, you know, Supergirl.

If I want an hour devoted to political machinations, I'll go rewatch The West Wing.

Though I will say this- I would like them to explore the inevitable fallout of it being revealed that Baker was working with a known terrorist, along with his Chief of Staff and who knows how many Senators and Congressmen. Unless they are going to go all out and next season have President Lex...

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Supergirl Production Meeting...

Producer 1: Hey, did you see we've got this big fight between the two Kara's on this weeks episode?
    Producer 2: Yeah, that'll be epic. We'll have to put some work in though. We'll need Melissa playing both sides of the fight, that'll need lots of doubling and split screen effects.
    Producer 1: True. Or we could just put in the level of effort we normally give to the show, stick one of the Kara's in a mask and have the rest of the day off.
    Producer 2: Nailed it.

Later, at the bar...

Producer 1: Oh hey. Kara is losing that fight against herself, right?
    Producer 2: Have you seen our show? Of course she is!
    Producer 1: But aren't they supposed to be identical? How do we pull that off?
    Producer 2: Same way we always do. A bit of extra nerfing on Kara and give whoever's fighting her some random made-up power to add to the long list of things that our Kara is vulnerable to.
    Producer 1: Cool. Oh, and who's turn is it to save the hero of our show this week when she's beaten again?
    Producer 2: Hmm, I'm not sure. Check the rotation, it might be an Alex week for this episode.
    Actually, if you think about it the mask makes sense. If you have Red Daughter flying around dressed as Supergirl, and then have another alien with identical powers flying around in the grey suit killing people, you'd want to keep her face hidden.

You know what, that actually made less sense with each word I typed. And there really was no reason to have the mask on during the fight other than to save a few bucks. Hey, got to pay for that Lexosuit somehow!

Astonishing Member

I just thought of the old idea, that if you just sold Lexosuits to the military, you would be a billionaire many times over. No, I want to rule the world, blah, blah.

Years ago, someone wrote. Here's the deal - you invent antigravity and then make boots. You call yourself Antigrav Man and fly into the Metropolis bank to rob it. Supes punches you in the head.

Or - you sell the patent to Boeing for the 737 Antigrave and take a share of the profits. You become a billionaire.

Yeah, Lex is a psychopath. Most big executive have a touch of that but manage to make the big bucks.

The episode, just another pulling stuff out of thin air. Electric powers and sunshine filled lawn. I hope when I mow the lawn I don't hit a Kryptonian level recharge.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I just thought of the old idea, that if you just sold Lexosuits to the military, you would be a billionaire many times over. No, I want to rule the world, blah, blah.

Years ago, someone wrote. Here's the deal - you invent antigravity and then make boots. You call yourself Antigrav Man and fly into the Metropolis bank to rob it. Supes punches you in the head.

Or - you sell the patent to Boeing for the 737 Antigrave and take a share of the profits. You become a billionaire.

Yeah, Lex is a psychopath. Most big executive have a touch of that but manage to make the big bucks.

The episode, just another pulling stuff out of thin air. Electric powers and sunshine filled lawn. I hope when I mow the lawn I don't hit a Kryptonian level recharge.
    Yeah power is more important than money to Lex. It makes sense he wants to be the only one with a suit like that screw the money he wants more power. Harder to rule the world when there's an army with the same tech as him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    He's pulling his hair out in clumps. Even Lena said he was deteriorating.
    Okay watching it again I caught that.

Spectacular Member

Why have we not gotten the Earth-38 Flash and Green Arrow. Would be interesting to see Justin Hartley cast as Oliver and Teddy Sears as actually being the Jay Garrick of this Earth.

Why have we not gotten the Earth-38 Flash and Green Arrow. Would be interesting to see Justin Hartley cast as Oliver and Teddy Sears as actually being the Jay Garrick of this Earth.
    Because Earth-38 has been the Supers, J'onn, and the Bats. Its been stated as much in earlier seasons. And since season 2, I think its always been in the works that Kara's Earth and Earth 1 would eventually be joined into one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Because Earth-38 has been the Supers, J'onn, and the Bats. Its been stated as much in earlier seasons. And since season 2, I think its always been in the works that Kara's Earth and Earth 1 would eventually be joined into one.
    Also the only reason Earth-1 has a Flash is because Eobard caused the explosion at Star Labs, creating a bunch of meta-humans, including Flash. It would be too unlikely there was an Earth-38 Eorbard with all the same
    plans to manipulate the time line and causing their Star Lab to explode. If there is even a Star Lab on Earth-38. No one has ever mentioned one. There might be a Barry Allen, but probably he is just living a normal life,
    sort of like the Earth-2 Barry Allen was before he got killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Also the only reason Earth-1 has a Flash is because Eobard caused the explosion at Star Labs, creating a bunch of meta-humans, including Flash. It would be too unlikely there was an Earth-38 Eorbard with all the same
    plans to manipulate the time line and causing their Star Lab to explode. If there is even a Star Lab on Earth-38. No one has ever mentioned one. There might be a Barry Allen, but probably he is just living a normal life,
    sort of like the Earth-2 Barry Allen was before he got killed.
    Barry was always destined to be the flash. Eobard just sped up the timeline of that happing. Harrison wells was always going to make that reactor thingy and have it explode.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"