Page 284 of 374 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294334 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    If Lena goes to the darkside, I'm seriously not going to buy it.
    She won't really go to the dark side, but it will look that way to Kara.

If Lena goes to the darkside, I'm seriously not going to buy it.
    I'm sure she'll fake going to the dark side to infiltrate Leviathan, but will work to take them down. I do wonder how this will affect her relationship with Kara, especially when the time comes that Kara comes clean.

Also- so Eve was a triple agent? She worked for Leviathan while working for Lex while working for Lena?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    You didn't think Lex was going to stay dead, did you?

Somehow I had the feeling Kara was going to reabsorb Red Daughter. It's basically what happened to Superman after he split apart in Superman III.
    So does Kara know have purple lightning as part of her powerset? That OPs her even more than Superman.

Hopefully Agent Liberty is done after this season. And and any more "aliens is the enemy" stories. Nice to see George trying to reunite the country to make up for what his father did.

I could do without someone on the show who is just there to be Alex's girlfriend. Maggie was a cop but even with that all she amounted to was to just be Alex's girlfriend.
    So far Kelly brings even less to the table.
    It was nice that they didn't give Kara a love interest the whole season. No stories where her life revolves around a man like we got the first three seasons.
    In order:

Actually, yes. I figured that Warner Bros gave the okay to use Lex for a couple of episodes, but they wouldn't allow him to be left on the board to be used again. Kinda like Deathstroke, or even Superman.

The one thing that bothered me about Kara reabsorbing Red Daugher- she also absorbed her uniform? They should have done the Jedi thing and have her fade out of her clothes.

Agreed on both parts.

Maggie served a much larger purpose. She allowed Alex to come out, and was a supportive partner to her both in the field and in the home. Plus there was a buildup to their relationship. Katy just showed up one day, said "Oh, by the way, I'm gay" the next, and then ended up as Alex's girlfriend. This is the worst set-up relationship I've seen on any of these shows.

I do agree that it was nice that we didn't have to worry about Kara's relationship of the season- but I think that was because they focused mainly on her relationship with Alex.

New question- does Lillian's pardon stand now that Lex was exposed? I can't believe I'm saying this, but I really enjoyed her both this episode and the last.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    New question- does Lillian's pardon stand now that Lex was exposed? I can't believe I'm saying this, but I really enjoyed her both this episode and the last.
    Anything is possible in comic world, but generally there is no facility for undoing a pardon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Anything is possible in comic world, but generally there is no facility for undoing a pardon.
    That would go to the courts...a corrupt official giving a pardon as part of his corruption would most likely be overturned.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    That would go to the courts...a corrupt official giving a pardon as part of his corruption would most likely be overturned.
    At the presidential level, that would require a corrupt court as well, but yeah this is comic world and not real world so anything is up for grabs.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

FWIW, I thought she was looking mighty sexy.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

FWIW, I thought she was looking mighty sexy.
    I can't say it enough- I LOVED Lillian in this episode. They actually managed to turn her into a sympathetic character, if only for now.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I think this is the first time that Supergirl's season was the best of the yearly bunch^^

Great ride.

And nice setup for both the next season and the crisis.
    It totally was. Not perfect but nicely ambitious and generally loads of fun. As always I wish that the show concentrated more firmly on Supergirl herself but it was great to have a greater concentration on both of Kara's identities this year.

Also, holy crap, how great is Jon Cryer as Lex Luthor?! He doesn't quite fit into the post-Crisis mould, which is still my favourite take on the character but if you're going to go cartoony, this is 100% the way to go. The whole Luthor "family meeting" was a twisted delight.

As for next year, I'm mostly sad that we won't be getting more of Red Daughter (she was way underused and, dodgy accent or no, Melissa Benoist was unsurprisingly great in the role) but there are some interesting tidbits set up for next season. I, for one, don't actually think that they're going to make Lena full-on evil - at least not in the long run - but it should make for some interesting conflict next season. I mean, it comes from a pretty cliche starting point but it still has loads of potential.

And Leviathan? I'm assuming that this will draw more from what Bendis is doing than Grant Morrison's Batman Inc. so it's interesting to see something so recently (re)introduced in the comics being adapted already. It's a cool concept if handled well.

All I know is that the Supergirl writers should have a long sit down with the Flash writers room to try and explain to them how you learn from your mistakes and greatly improve on some lackluster seasons.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Brainy was snapped back through the power of illogical decisions!

I liked this season, and Lockwood's son talking to the press was a good ending to all the alien tension. Wish there was more Red Daughter and less Elite (I liked Manchester Black, but the conclusion left me cold).

I wonder what this means for Kara's career as a journalist? I'm hoping she tells Lena about her identity ASAP like she was planning. That way Lena isn't stewing on it for months and months.

Lots of nice set ups for next season. The Monitor is quite busy! Hey, is that Ma'alefa'ak?

Somehow I had the feeling Kara was going to reabsorb Red Daughter. It's basically what happened to Superman after he split apart in Superman III.
    And yet this episode was named after the fourth movie.

Also- so Eve was a triple agent? She worked for Leviathan while working for Lex while working for Lena?
    This...could get messy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Also, holy crap, how great is Jon Cryer as Lex Luthor?! He doesn't quite fit into the post-Crisis mould, which is still my favourite take on the character but if you're going to go cartoony, this is 100% the way to go. The whole Luthor "family meeting" was a twisted delight.
    Cryer has been great, although I could've done without him singing along to Frank Sinatra.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Cryer has been great, although I could've done without him singing along to Frank Sinatra.
    That was my favorite part.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That was my favorite part.
    Agreed!!!!

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Mine too!!
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

That scene, and the part with Kick Start My Heart were my favorites in the episode.

Honestly surprised no one made a clip of it on youtube yet.

Brainy was snapped back through the power of illogical decisions!

I liked this season, and Lockwood's son talking to the press was a good ending to all the alien tension. Wish there was more Red Daughter and less Elite (I liked Manchester Black, but the conclusion left me cold).

I wonder what this means for Kara's career as a journalist? I'm hoping she tells Lena about her identity ASAP like she was planning. That way Lena isn't stewing on it for months and months.

Lots of nice set ups for next season. The Monitor is quite busy! Hey, is that Ma'alefa'ak?

And yet this episode was named after the fourth movie.

This...could get messy.

I just remembered; in “ quest for peace” that was the song the russian cosmonaut was singing before the sattelite sent him hurtling into space.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Hopefully Agent Liberty is done after this season. And and any more "aliens is the enemy" stories. Nice to see George trying to reunite the country to make up for what his father did.
    Agreed. Although I was kind of hoping (apologizes sounding too dark) that Agent Liberty had a change of heart and help out the heroes for a while (like in the comic books) then Red Daughter accidentally killing him.

Again, apologizes to sound too cruel, but I was afraid that the writers would let Alex adopt George. By the way, where is George living since his mother is dead and Agent Liberty in jail?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    All I know is that the Supergirl writers should have a long sit down with the Flash writers room to try and explain to them how you learn from your mistakes and greatly improve on some lackluster seasons.
    I think the producers took all the best writers from all of the Arrowverse shows, so they can work on the Crisis storyline.

Where's the Question to prove my theory?

Looks like it to me.