Page 285 of 374 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287288289295335 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 5596

Supergirl was able to activate her anti-kryptonite suit by touching her \S/. Other that Superman creating a cellophane panel from his \S/ to trap Zod, Non, and Ursa, in Superman II,
    has any of the Supers used their \S/ for anything other than decorative purposes?

Just wanted to ask this:
    When exactly in his fight with Lockwood did James lose an eye? Must've completely missed that part.

Extraordinary Member

I was wondering that too,they really need to fix that **** asap.

I notice that the dialogue on this show improved a lot since season 1. Unlike Arrow and Flash, you don't get nearly as much of the melodramatic crap arguments between characters and people actually have meaningful discussions. This is what happens when you have an independent character like Supergirl who doesn't depend on her backup team as much as Flash or Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    I notice that the dialogue on this show improved a lot since season 1. Unlike Arrow and Flash, you don't get nearly as much of the melodramatic crap arguments between characters and people actually have meaningful discussions. This is what happens when you have an independent character like Supergirl who doesn't depend on her backup team as much as Flash or Arrow.
    What did you Miss all the times Mon-El did the saving? Even Alex and J'onn have saved her on multiple occasions I swear she's been saved more times then has done the saving on a show called Supergirl.

I agree about Arrow and Flash and that's my big problem with all 3 shows where the title character is portrayed as needing their team more than the team needing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    What did you Miss all the times Mon-El did the saving? Even Alex and J'onn have saved her on multiple occasions I swear she's been saved more times then has done the saving on a show called Supergirl.

I agree about Arrow and Flash and that's my big problem with all 3 shows where the title character is portrayed as needing their team more than the team needing them.
    For me the difference is that Kara Danvers usually figures out how to solve a problem on her own. It's true it tends to backfire at times and she needs saving by the team after the fact. But it's not like with Oliver or especially Barry,
    where the team needs to spoon feed them as to what to do in every situation. That's why they say We are Flash, but no one ever says We are Supergirl. And even with that they often give Barry lousy advice and he ends up getting
    his butt kicked anyway and still needs rescuing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Just wanted to ask this:
    When exactly in his fight with Lockwood did James lose an eye? Must've completely missed that part.
    Did he loose the eye, or was it just injured? Not sure I'd like James with an eye patch for a whole season.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Supergirl was able to activate her anti-kryptonite suit by touching her \S/. Other that Superman creating a cellophane panel from his \S/ to trap Zod, Non, and Ursa, in Superman II,
    has any of the Supers used their \S/ for anything other than decorative purposes?
    I don't think so. Depending on the costume, sometimes it's used to anchor the cape. But other than the cellophane S and the Stark Nanotech suit, it's always been mostly decorative.

Even though that suit was ripping off Infinity War and Endgame HARD, I do like the fact that she now has a kryptonite defense built into her suit. Though I've always wondered why she didn't use the anti-kryptonite shields that Astra and Non used way back in Season one.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Even though that suit was ripping off Infinity War and Endgame HARD, I do like the fact that she now has a kryptonite defense built into her suit. Though I've always wondered why she didn't use the anti-kryptonite shields that Astra and Non used way back in Season one.
    In season 2 in the episode with Superman and Metallo supposedly Winn did salvage parts of them to make those shield that were the same shape and size as the \S/. Ultimately both Metallos ended up
    destroying them and no one ever bother to repair them after that. It does seem to feel like no matter how effective the anti-kryptonite measures taken are initially, they ultimately fail and Kara is no
    better off than she started out as.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    In season 2 in the episode with Superman and Metallo supposedly Winn did salvage parts of them to make those shield that were the same shape and size as the \S/. Ultimately both Metallos ended up
    destroying them and no one ever bother to repair them after that. It does seem to feel like no matter how effective the anti-kryptonite measures taken are initially, they ultimately fail and Kara is no
    better off than she started out as.
    I think she actually used that same shield this season, or maybe I'm mis-remembering. And yeah- Winn took a small device that seemed to attach near the shoulder, was the size of a large badge, and were extremely durable, and turned it into a flimsy fashion statement.

Side note- aside from Kara's costume, which had roots in the comics, has Winn EVER designed something that looked good? I suppose Guardian was good, but Alex's suit is lame as hell. I'd rather have Cisco design my suit than Winn.

I think she actually used that same shield this season, or maybe I'm mis-remembering. And yeah- Winn took a small device that seemed to attach near the shoulder, was the size of a large badge, and were extremely durable, and turned it into a flimsy fashion statement.

Side note- aside from Kara's costume, which had roots in the comics, has Winn EVER designed something that looked good? I suppose Guardian was good, but Alex's suit is lame as hell. I'd rather have Cisco design my suit than Winn.
    Did she? Early on in the season Lena designed the Power Rangers suit for Kara after Mercy laced the atmosphere with kryptonite and it seemed like Kara used that afterwards in a couple more episodes. One time just to go into space
    because in this version Krytonians can't breath in space.

I binge watched this season this past week, and I have to say what a great season that was. The slow build of human/alien tensions early on was very effective in creating a sense of social deterioration that continued to grow as the season progressed, and they did a great job with Lockwood's backstory and how that led to him becoming Agent Liberty.

Martian Manhunter's arc was very satisfying. I particularly liked the episode where he connected with his father to figure out who he was. Can't wait to see him come up against Ma'alefa'ak next season. If J'Onn thought Manchester Black (who was awesome BTW) gave him a run for his money, I can't wait to see him come up against his own brother.

This show surely has to be the most progressive on TV in terms of representation, and certainly the most allegorical in regards to real world events and issues. Immigration, gender issues, nationalism, racism, social manipulation and fake news... they covered pretty much everything. There were a few times when I wouldn't have been surprised if Keenen Ivory Wayans had popped up and shouted "MESSAGE!", but overall I think it was all handled very well, and had some beautiful character moments.

I think for the most part the cast knocked it out of the park. Melissa Benoist did a fantastic job playing both Kara and Red Daughter. Katie McGrath was brilliant throughout the season too. Lena is such a great character and I hope they don't go the lazy route and turn her into the new Lex. She has every right to be pissed about being lied to, but I'm hoping they resolve that without turning it into the female version of Smallville, because I really enjoy the Lena/Kara relationship. I thought Nicole Maines was great as Nia, and I loved the episode where Kara gets to be an actual journalist and interview her. Not to mention Kara's investigative journalism being the thing that brought Lex down at the end.

Have to mention Jessie Rath too. Such a fun take on Brainiac 5, and then absolutely chilling when he became emotionless. I was actually thinking they were setting him up to be the big bad for next season, and as cool as that may have been, I'm glad he "rebooted" himself and told Dreamer how he feels.

I feel like there's loads more to say as it's all still swimming around my head after binging it all in such a short space of time.

I must admit I was slightly disappointed when the old woman who sat down next to Eve turned out not to be Granny Goodness. For a minute I thought we may have been getting some version of Apokalips/New Gods next season.

Overall I think Supergirl was probably the best of the Arrowverse shows this past season. Legends was probably second best, but the lack of costumes and powers bugged me (did Ray even wear the Atom suit once this season?), and I still miss Firestorm. Flash had the weakest villain and too many ridiculous moments where characters did something stupid or out of character. Arrow was good overall but I thought they dragged Diaz out a bit.

Definitely buzzed for Crisis though. Roll on next season, and sorry for the mega-post.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Ozman View Post
    I binge watched this season this past week, and I have to say what a great season that was. The slow build of human/alien tensions early on was very effective in creating a sense of social deterioration that continued to grow as the season progressed, and they did a great job with Lockwood's backstory and how that led to him becoming Agent Liberty.

Martian Manhunter's arc was very satisfying. I particularly liked the episode where he connected with his father to figure out who he was. Can't wait to see him come up against Ma'alefa'ak next season. If J'Onn thought Manchester Black (who was awesome BTW) gave him a run for his money, I can't wait to see him come up against his own brother.

This show surely has to be the most progressive on TV in terms of representation, and certainly the most allegorical in regards to real world events and issues. Immigration, gender issues, nationalism, racism, social manipulation and fake news... they covered pretty much everything. There were a few times when I wouldn't have been surprised if Keenen Ivory Wayans had popped up and shouted "MESSAGE!", but overall I think it was all handled very well, and had some beautiful character moments.

I think for the most part the cast knocked it out of the park. Melissa Benoist did a fantastic job playing both Kara and Red Daughter. Katie McGrath was brilliant throughout the season too. Lena is such a great character and I hope they don't go the lazy route and turn her into the new Lex. She has every right to be pissed about being lied to, but I'm hoping they resolve that without turning it into the female version of Smallville, because I really enjoy the Lena/Kara relationship. I thought Nicole Maines was great as Nia, and I loved the episode where Kara gets to be an actual journalist and interview her. Not to mention Kara's investigative journalism being the thing that brought Lex down at the end.

Have to mention Jessie Rath too. Such a fun take on Brainiac 5, and then absolutely chilling when he became emotionless. I was actually thinking they were setting him up to be the big bad for next season, and as cool as that may have been, I'm glad he "rebooted" himself and told Dreamer how he feels.

I feel like there's loads more to say as it's all still swimming around my head after binging it all in such a short space of time.

I must admit I was slightly disappointed when the old woman who sat down next to Eve turned out not to be Granny Goodness. For a minute I thought we may have been getting some version of Apokalips/New Gods next season.

Overall I think Supergirl was probably the best of the Arrowverse shows this past season. Legends was probably second best, but the lack of costumes and powers bugged me (did Ray even wear the Atom suit once this season?), and I still miss Firestorm. Flash had the weakest villain and too many ridiculous moments where characters did something stupid or out of character. Arrow was good overall but I thought they dragged Diaz out a bit.

Definitely buzzed for Crisis though. Roll on next season, and sorry for the mega-post.
    I agree with pretty much everything here. Great season and a huge improvement over the past two. And yeah, Granny Goodness would have been cool but no way does this show have the budget to do the New Gods justice. Doing even a small-scale Crisis should tap out much of their budget alone.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    And yeah, Granny Goodness would have been cool but no way does this show have the budget to do the New Gods justice. Doing even a small-scale Crisis should tap out much of their budget alone.
    That's probably a fair point. Would be awesome if they used Apokolips and Darkseid as the big bad for next year's crossover event though.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

d3el6ulx4ja31.jpg

New suit. Say goodbye to the skirt; something I'm betting Melissa's wanted to do ever since they moved to Vancouver.

d3el6ulx4ja31.jpg

New suit. Say goodbye to the skirt; something I'm betting Melissa's wanted to do ever since they moved to Vancouver.
    Yeah, probably, but for some reason, I don’t like it. I don’t know if it’s the pixie cut, or the outfit, but it’s just ‘‘meh’ to Me.