Page 285 of 287 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287 LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 4302
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I think this is the first time that Supergirl's season was the best of the yearly bunch^^

Great ride.

And nice setup for both the next season and the crisis.
    It totally was. Not perfect but nicely ambitious and generally loads of fun. As always I wish that the show concentrated more firmly on Supergirl herself but it was great to have a greater concentration on both of Kara's identities this year.

Also, holy crap, how great is Jon Cryer as Lex Luthor?! He doesn't quite fit into the post-Crisis mould, which is still my favourite take on the character but if you're going to go cartoony, this is 100% the way to go. The whole Luthor "family meeting" was a twisted delight.

As for next year, I'm mostly sad that we won't be getting more of Red Daughter (she was way underused and, dodgy accent or no, Melissa Benoist was unsurprisingly great in the role) but there are some interesting tidbits set up for next season. I, for one, don't actually think that they're going to make Lena full-on evil - at least not in the long run - but it should make for some interesting conflict next season. I mean, it comes from a pretty cliche starting point but it still has loads of potential.

And Leviathan? I'm assuming that this will draw more from what Bendis is doing than Grant Morrison's Batman Inc. so it's interesting to see something so recently (re)introduced in the comics being adapted already. It's a cool concept if handled well.

All I know is that the Supergirl writers should have a long sit down with the Flash writers room to try and explain to them how you learn from your mistakes and greatly improve on some lackluster seasons.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Brainy was snapped back through the power of illogical decisions!

I liked this season, and Lockwood's son talking to the press was a good ending to all the alien tension. Wish there was more Red Daughter and less Elite (I liked Manchester Black, but the conclusion left me cold).

I wonder what this means for Kara's career as a journalist? I'm hoping she tells Lena about her identity ASAP like she was planning. That way Lena isn't stewing on it for months and months.

Lots of nice set ups for next season. The Monitor is quite busy! Hey, is that Ma'alefa'ak?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Somehow I had the feeling Kara was going to reabsorb Red Daughter. It's basically what happened to Superman after he split apart in Superman III.
    And yet this episode was named after the fourth movie.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Also- so Eve was a triple agent? She worked for Leviathan while working for Lex while working for Lena?
    This...could get messy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Also, holy crap, how great is Jon Cryer as Lex Luthor?! He doesn't quite fit into the post-Crisis mould, which is still my favourite take on the character but if you're going to go cartoony, this is 100% the way to go. The whole Luthor "family meeting" was a twisted delight.
    Cryer has been great, although I could've done without him singing along to Frank Sinatra.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Cryer has been great, although I could've done without him singing along to Frank Sinatra.
    That was my favorite part.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That was my favorite part.
    Agreed!!!!

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Mine too!!
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

That scene, and the part with Kick Start My Heart were my favorites in the episode.

Honestly surprised no one made a clip of it on youtube yet.

Brainy was snapped back through the power of illogical decisions!

I liked this season, and Lockwood's son talking to the press was a good ending to all the alien tension. Wish there was more Red Daughter and less Elite (I liked Manchester Black, but the conclusion left me cold).

I wonder what this means for Kara's career as a journalist? I'm hoping she tells Lena about her identity ASAP like she was planning. That way Lena isn't stewing on it for months and months.

Lots of nice set ups for next season. The Monitor is quite busy! Hey, is that Ma'alefa'ak?

And yet this episode was named after the fourth movie.

This...could get messy.

I just remembered; in “ quest for peace” that was the song the russian cosmonaut was singing before the sattelite sent him hurtling into space.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Hopefully Agent Liberty is done after this season. And and any more "aliens is the enemy" stories. Nice to see George trying to reunite the country to make up for what his father did.
    Agreed. Although I was kind of hoping (apologizes sounding too dark) that Agent Liberty had a change of heart and help out the heroes for a while (like in the comic books) then Red Daughter accidentally killing him.

Again, apologizes to sound too cruel, but I was afraid that the writers would let Alex adopt George. By the way, where is George living since his mother is dead and Agent Liberty in jail?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    All I know is that the Supergirl writers should have a long sit down with the Flash writers room to try and explain to them how you learn from your mistakes and greatly improve on some lackluster seasons.
    I think the producers took all the best writers from all of the Arrowverse shows, so they can work on the Crisis storyline.

Where's the Question to prove my theory?

Looks like it to me.

Supergirl was able to activate her anti-kryptonite suit by touching her \S/. Other that Superman creating a cellophane panel from his \S/ to trap Zod, Non, and Ursa, in Superman II,
    has any of the Supers used their \S/ for anything other than decorative purposes?

Just wanted to ask this:
    When exactly in his fight with Lockwood did James lose an eye? Must've completely missed that part.

Astonishing Member

I was wondering that too,they really need to fix that shit asap.

I notice that the dialogue on this show improved a lot since season 1. Unlike Arrow and Flash, you don't get nearly as much of the melodramatic crap arguments between characters and people actually have meaningful discussions. This is what happens when you have an independent character like Supergirl who doesn't depend on her backup team as much as Flash or Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    I notice that the dialogue on this show improved a lot since season 1. Unlike Arrow and Flash, you don't get nearly as much of the melodramatic crap arguments between characters and people actually have meaningful discussions. This is what happens when you have an independent character like Supergirl who doesn't depend on her backup team as much as Flash or Arrow.
    What did you Miss all the times Mon-El did the saving? Even Alex and J'onn have saved her on multiple occasions I swear she's been saved more times then has done the saving on a show called Supergirl.

I agree about Arrow and Flash and that's my big problem with all 3 shows where the title character is portrayed as needing their team more than the team needing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    What did you Miss all the times Mon-El did the saving? Even Alex and J'onn have saved her on multiple occasions I swear she's been saved more times then has done the saving on a show called Supergirl.

I agree about Arrow and Flash and that's my big problem with all 3 shows where the title character is portrayed as needing their team more than the team needing them.
    For me the difference is that Kara Danvers usually figures out how to solve a problem on her own. It's true it tends to backfire at times and she needs saving by the team after the fact. But it's not like with Oliver or especially Barry,
    where the team needs to spoon feed them as to what to do in every situation. That's why they say We are Flash, but no one ever says We are Supergirl. And even with that they often give Barry lousy advice and he ends up getting
    his butt kicked anyway and still needs rescuing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Just wanted to ask this:
    When exactly in his fight with Lockwood did James lose an eye? Must've completely missed that part.
    Did he loose the eye, or was it just injured? Not sure I'd like James with an eye patch for a whole season.

Supergirl was able to activate her anti-kryptonite suit by touching her \S/. Other that Superman creating a cellophane panel from his \S/ to trap Zod, Non, and Ursa, in Superman II,
    has any of the Supers used their \S/ for anything other than decorative purposes?
    I don't think so. Depending on the costume, sometimes it's used to anchor the cape. But other than the cellophane S and the Stark Nanotech suit, it's always been mostly decorative.

Even though that suit was ripping off Infinity War and Endgame HARD, I do like the fact that she now has a kryptonite defense built into her suit. Though I've always wondered why she didn't use the anti-kryptonite shields that Astra and Non used way back in Season one.