Page 286 of 374 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 5596

If they made the forearms red it would look better IMO. Needs more red in areas to break up all the blue.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Attachment 84547

New suit. Say goodbye to the skirt; something I'm betting Melissa's wanted to do ever since they moved to Vancouver.
    I think Melissa's gone on record as saying she liked the skirt but it was probably very impractical for filming in the super-cold Vancouver weather.

Just like Danielle Panabaker probably loved her season 3 Killer Frost costume, which she helped design, but it wasn't practical to be walking around a Vancouver set in thigh-high boots and a miniskirt.

I'll always prefer the classic look but this is pretty solid. Seems more Superwoman then Supergirl, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Yeah, probably, but for some reason, I don’t like it. I don’t know if it’s the pixie cut, or the outfit, but it’s just ‘‘meh’ to Me.
    What pixie cut? She just has bangs now. Which, honestly, makes her look...kind of older?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    If they made the forearms red it would look better IMO. Needs more red in areas to break up all the blue.
    I definitely agree it needs more red.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

It's not a bad suit in and of itself but the original was pretty much perfect. Easily the best Arrowverse costume and the closest to the comics.

But, hey, I get why they're doing it and as long as they keep up the quality of season four, I can't complain too much.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if they will discuss how she cuts her hair. Remember Kal shaving with heat vision?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I wonder if they will discuss how she cuts her hair. Remember Kal shaving with heat vision?
    Red Sun desk lamp x)

That's not a great photo. Like most of these things, I will wait to see how it looks on the show and in motion, etc.

I guess there's no way she'll have a poofy shirt and a red sweatband unless they start shooting in Arizona or something...

I'm wondering if Red Daughter merging back into Kara is going to affect her personality. It would be the perfect reason for the costume change; it would also explain the haircut (Red Daughter loved to wear wigs with bangs).

I also agree the costume could uses more red- maybe the shoulders. I do see the cape is now attaching to the front of the costume like Superman's, instead of being tucked into the collar.

So, Tyler Hocechlin will be returning as Superman for Crisis on Infinite Earths. But he isn't the only Superman Returning- Brandon Routh will ALSO suit up as Superman and Clark Kent for the crossover!

In other news, Jeremy Jordan will be coming back for three episodes after the crossover, presumably to wrap up his character. And Mechad Brooks will be leaving the show to focus on his movie career, something that ALWAYS works out well for the actor who does it.

Honestly ambivalent about that. It feels like they never really knew what to do with his character after they decided not to have him be the love interest for Kara. Even Guardian felt like a bone they were throwing him. But if he's leaving, does that mean he can take his sister, too? Please?

With Jimmy gone and Calista not wanting to work in Canada, I wonder if they'll put Kara in charge of Catco. Or if Lena will hire someone antagonistic towards Kara to take over instead.

Did Jimmy even have any scenes with Kara/Supergirl this season? When he was in the hospital there always seemed to be some in-story reason why Kara couldn't be there.

The season 1 angle wasn't a misstep in my opinion, they just got cold feet following it through and then didn't know what to do with Jimmy afterwards. The Lena relationship was nice but ultimately became secondary to everything else going on.

...can't really say what I want to say, so I'll just say I wish him the best and I'll always be in his corner rooting for him.

I wish Brooks the best.

He's a good actor who got stuck in a role he didn't really fit in, which the writers always seemed to struggle with figuring out what to do with post-season 1, and sometimes had to fight to get any screentime at all. But he still delivered as much as he was able to in that kind of situation.

(I still maintain to this day that he should've been John Henry Irons).

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Did Jimmy even have any scenes with Kara/Supergirl this season? When he was in the hospital there always seemed to be some in-story reason why Kara couldn't be there.

The season 1 angle wasn't a misstep in my opinion, they just got cold feet following it through and then didn't know what to do with Jimmy afterwards. The Lena relationship was nice but ultimately became secondary to everything else going on.

...can't really say what I want to say, so I'll just say I wish him the best and I'll always be in his corner rooting for him.
    There were a few. Such as when Kara told him it was Eve that shot him, not Manchester Black. After she got free from the monument she and James talked about Manchester black. And when Kara took down the President
    after exposing he was Lex Luthor's stooge. Little scenes like that where Kara was chatting with James in his office.

It did seem like the only purpose of James was to be Kara's love interest but after that fell through he served no real purpose. But I guess he had a contract to be a series regular and they had to find something for him to do.
    Being head of Catco wasn't doing it because he was no Cat Grant. Being Guardian just amounted to too many heroes, what with Mon-El also there, and just took away screen time from Supergirl. Being Lena's lover just felt
    forced, could see no chemistry between the two, just actors reciting their lines. Basically James was around for 3 seasons too long. They should have found a way to let him gracefully exit after Kara dumped him. Moved him
    over to Legends of Tomorrow or something if they were contractually obligated to keep him employed.

Yeah, the sudden shift in season 2 really felt off for the character going forward. Wouldn't have minded if he joined the LoT, as they don't have anyone from Supergirl there (yet, anyway).

I really thought they did him better in Season 4, so its sad to see him go now.

Just saw the comic con trailer. I’ll try to keep it vague, since I don’t know how to do spoiler tags. The Kara/Lena stuff looks like it’ll Be good. That being said, the overall arc for the season sounds like the producers are preaching to me again. That’s a big reason why I have a hard time getting into this show.
    Last edited by protege; 07-20-2019 at 05:44 PM.

New poster:
    Attachment 84838

https://twitter.com/GeekVibesNation/...32306706247680

Also, Batwoman and Supergirl's friendship will be explored more in season 1 of Batwoman.
    https://twitter.com/GeekVibesNation/...50140739657728