Page 291 of 374 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 5596

I'm confused. Is the DEO, Obsidian Tech, and Catco now all in the same building?

Nice to see Lord Tech mentioned, even if it was just a name on a crate.

So Rojas is Leviathan, right? We can all agree on that?

So... how exactly is the staff of CatCo all suddenly under 3 year contracts? Were they presented with them before the party? Did they not read them? I assume they'd have to agree to any changes in their employment and sign something before it takes effect.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 10-06-2019 at 07:52 PM.

Lena finally embracing her inner Luthor. Took long enough! And dear brother finally made himself known to J'onn. And other than an indirect reference with J'onn's brother, we haven't even gotten to COIE stuff yet.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Rest in peace, S.S. SuperCorp. You were a good ship, and you sailed long. Rest easy.

If we're (somewhat) lucky, though, Lena will snap to her senses by the finale and the Eve A.I., either unwilling to abort Lena's plan or going even further than Lena herself ever wanted, will be the final, if not true, antagonist. Of course, the question is how many lines will be crossed before that happens, and if it'll make any sort of redemption for Lena impossible to buy at that point.

Of course, I suppose they're thinking second time's the charm. After all, if Smallville could make people root for Lex Luthor to stay a good guy despite knowing he'd inevitably go bad vis-à-vis comics canon, why not do it again with Lena Luthor? At least with Lena, there have been multiple interpretations of her in the comics, so it wouldn't be like she'd have to absolutely go bad (for good) the same way her brother would.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Lena finally embracing her inner Luthor. Took long enough! And dear brother finally made himself known to J'onn. And other than an indirect reference with J'onn's brother, we haven't even gotten to COIE stuff yet.
    So, when Lena punched Kara into the holo-bus,were the holo-kids still on it? Because that’s just harsh.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Lena has finally embraced her dark side. Lex would be proud.
    Ugh!

I thought last season's alien story arc was dumb, but this tops it, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    So, when Lena punched Kara into the holo-bus,were the holo-kids still on it? Because that’s just harsh.
    The kids got off. Kara was talking to them in the street.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So... how exactly is the staff of CatCo all suddenly under 3 year contracts? Were they presented with them before the party? Did they not read them? I assume they'd have to agree to any changes in their employment and sign something before it takes effect.
    Not to mention the unenforceability of the clause, especially if National City is in a California like the real world.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Not to mention the unenforceability of the clause, especially if National City is in a California like the real world.
    How is something like this enforced? If the Daily Planet were to rehire James, what action could Catco take against him?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    How is something like this enforced?
    In the real world, none. In the Arrowverse, the legal system is a joke.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    In the real world, none. In the Arrowverse, the legal system is a joke.
    You must realize that most of the Arrowverse writers are dumber than the 3 stooges. Which is why I only watch the crossovers.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    You must realize that most of the Arrowverse writers are dumber than the 3 stooges. Which is why I only watch the crossovers.
    Hey hey hey that's uncalled for no reason to insult the 3 stooges and lumping them with the Arrowverse writers.

Yeah sure, lets take this as an opportunity to bash the entire series, despite this being a thing in fiction in general. There is even a trope for that

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...sticLicenseLaw

How is something like this enforced? If the Daily Planet were to rehire James, what action could Catco take against him?
    Well, if we believe this is legit, CatCo could sue James and probably The Daily Planet for either breach of contract, or violating the no-compete clause. What happens after that would be up to a judge or jury, but would probably end up in James and/or TDP being fined and possibly some legal enforcement of the no-compete clause.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    This pretty much, yeah. I'm surprised Lex Luthor turned out so well. thank god.

We'll likely never find out - it seems the writers continue to not know what to do with the character - is he in love with Kara? In a relationship with Lena? Is he Guardian or not? The boss? Guess not anymore. They'll find some other job for him that will last maybe most of this season before they shuffle him off to some other status quo.