Page 298 of 374 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302308348 ... LastLast
Results 4,456 to 4,470 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    To echo that somewhat, remember the only reason Arrow is ending is because Amell wanted to go. Unless the ratings go ridiculously low all the CW hero shows will have long lives. If the leads want to go that's different and they will wrap things up like they did for Amell.

I say echo somewhat because I can't see a show wrapping up cause the lead wants to stay but supporting players want to go. No, if MM and Alex are written out equivalent characters will be written in to fill the void.
    I can't see equivalent characters being written for them. The relationship between Alex and Kara is the core of the show in many ways, and I can't see it working without her. For J'onn, it may be easier since he's just a mentor and paternal figure, but it would still be hard to loose him.

Other characters are replaceable, some easier than others (Winn). We still haven't gotten a good replacement for Cat, and I don't think we ever will.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I can't see equivalent characters being written for them. The relationship between Alex and Kara is the core of the show in many ways, and I can't see it working without her. For J'onn, it may be easier since he's just a mentor and paternal figure, but it would still be hard to loose him.

Other characters are replaceable, some easier than others (Winn). We still haven't gotten a good replacement for Cat, and I don't think we ever will.
    ...but the show still won't end unless Benoist wants to go is my point. She's the lynch pin, its her show. As important as MM and Alex are, them being written out won't end the show. Change it, sure, since the show will have Kara have similar but ultimately different relationships with whoever is brought in to fill the void. But end it? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    ...but the show still won't end unless Benoist wants to go is my point. She's the lynch pin, its her show. As important as MM and Alex are, them being written out won't end the show. Change it, sure, since the show will have Kara have similar but ultimately different relationships with whoever is brought in to fill the void. But end it? No.
    If Chyler leaves then Supergirl would basically be an only child for all practical purposes. Which is how all versions of Superman are. It's not like Alex and Kara are in every scene together anyway. Maybe we might
    even get to see more Supergirl if we didn't have all the B plots dealing with Alex's love life. Nothing against lesbian relationships, it would be just as much of a time waster for me if Alex were pinning over a man.
    Just don't replace that with spending a lot of time with Kara pinning over a man. I liked that Kara was on her own last season. Unfortunately it looks like we are going to get Mon-El all over again with William.
    I guess the writers just can't help themselves.

"Spider powers?! Yuck!" That lady must've had some seriously super strong webbing to trap Supergirl like that.

Damn, Brainy, ease up! Yes, being in a relationship means getting to be yourself, but it's also about respecting the other person's comfort level. Learn to compromise and stop writing body part poetry.

I liked that twist with J'onn, I was worried they were going to ruin M'yrnn's character for the sake of having a good villain in Malefic.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This is pretty in character for Superman. He did the same thing to her in the Silver Age and in the post crisis universe left the Amazons to train and raise her. He's always had a relatively hands off approach to other members of the Super family except for Jon.
    Billionaire Bruce Wayne can take on a 12 year old Dick Grayson as his ward. A single Clark Kent can NOT adopt a teenage Kara/Linda Danvers, especially not in the Silver Age (I seem to remember one story where Kara wanted to find Clark a wife specifically so they could adopt her). I liked how the DCAU did it, Kara lived with the Ma and Pa Kent and Clark visited her frequently (all while trying to keep her away from Metropolis and all the danger it presents, at least until she proved herself).

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    "Spider powers?! Yuck!" That lady must've had some seriously super strong webbing to trap Supergirl like that.

Damn, Brainy, ease up! Yes, being in a relationship means getting to be yourself, but it's also about respecting the other person's comfort level. Learn to compromise and stop writing body part poetry.

I liked that twist with J'onn, I was worried they were going to ruin M'yrnn's character for the sake of having a good villain in Malefic.

Billionaire Bruce Wayne can take on a 12 year old Dick Grayson as his ward. A single Clark Kent can NOT adopt a teenage Kara/Linda Danvers, especially not in the Silver Age (I seem to remember one story where Kara wanted to find Clark a wife specifically so they could adopt her). I liked how the DCAU did it, Kara lived with the Ma and Pa Kent and Clark visited her frequently (all while trying to keep her away from Metropolis and all the danger it presents, at least until she proved herself).
    Has it been said that Clark visited frequently? For some reason, I was under the impression that he stayed away and had minimal contact. Him visiting her often actually helps me like him more, because at least then he stayed a part of her life.

I don't care how hot she is, a woman with spider tattoos on her face is 90% of the time going to turn out to be bad news.

If Day is being set up as Kara's new love interest...they realize people came to hate Mon-El because of this relationship dynamic, right?

I like how Nia's robe has stars like Dream Girl's iconic cheek star.

Wow, Kara agreed to commit theft really quickly. I guess she's just that desperate to make sure Lena loves her, although can she really be this naive to fall for Lena's "act" (if it is entirely an act)? And I don't think breaking and entering and property theft for a friend is a sign of a healthy friendship, even if it did lead to an interesting discussion on just how legal our heroes' actions are even when they're ostensibly employed by the government.

Of course they're not going to show a bunch of martian kids and people. They can barely afford enough budget to show J'onn as Martian Manhunter.

Seeing M'yrnn again was nice. Carl Lumbly really sold his anguish over Malefic.

David Harewood trying to play young J'onn with that higher-pitched voice was a trip.

I get Malefic is ticked his family basically locked him up because his powers were too strong and then basically mentally erased him from their minds...but he still sided with the race that planned to commit genocide on the green martians. I can understand why he was angry but that's a bridge too far by any sane metric. And he did this before they mindwiped him out of existence.

How did Guardian show up so quickly after Supergirl super-speeded to the apartment? I guess we needed to throw in another "Guardian gets beat up and is basically useless" moment.

Sean Astin felt so random here. I doubt it's going to be the case but it would've been hilarious if he ended up being Malefic's human form. Is his being in Vancouver the reason Shazam isn't in any of the DC Animated Features movies anymore ?

Kinda surprised Supergirl struggled so much against discount Spider-Woman.

Was that thing that killed the spider-lady Red Cloud from the comics?

In any normal relationship most people would probably have addressed a lover being a little too...overzealous way sooner then Nia did. But I guess Brainy can't operate beyond "100%." Is Brainy going to try and turn himself into a legitimate human to deal with it?

Lena basing her research on Lex's plans for mind control? Lady, you've really lost a step .

I knew the Neilsen ratings were getting worse for SUPERGIRL each season ...

but I didn't appreciate HOW many more people watched it on CBS, and how few followed to the CW.

Man, the CW really is the minor leagues of network TV, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    I knew the Neilsen ratings were getting worse for SUPERGIRL each season ...

but I didn't appreciate HOW many more people watched it on CBS, and how few followed to the CW.

Man, the CW really is the minor leagues of network TV, isn't it?
    It has it's own, pretty passionate, audience, otherwise the shows that are on it wouldn't have the recognition that they do.

You have to consider that NBC started in 1923, CBS in 1927, ABC was split off from NBC in the 1940s. So that means the CW had to pick up whatever independent stations were left over or start new stations.
    They were never or are never going to be able to compete with the big three. You can't watch what you can't see. All you can really do for Flash, Arrow, Legend oT, Supergirl, is look where they were when
    Super girl first aired on the CW first CW episode and where they are now. When Supergirl first aired on the CW:
    Arrow was 1.871 million, Flash was 3.166 million, Supergirl was 3.063 million
    now for the latest episode
    Arrow is 0.773 million, Flash is 1.380 million, Supergirl is 0.992 million
    So pretty much every CW show is dropping by the same amount, getting worse each season. About a third as many people watch each show now.
    But something to consider is this is only the people that watch the shows on TV the night the show airs. This doesn't include people who watch the shows on a VCR later on in the week,
    people who stream the shows, people who binge watch on Netflix, people who buy the DVDs or from Amazon, and people who bootleg the shows from torrent sites.
    People only notice how much Supergirl drops because Supergirl is woke and they use Supergirl to justify their claim of go woke, go broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, Kara agreed to commit theft really quickly. I guess she's just that desperate to make sure Lena loves her, although can she really be this naive to fall for Lena's "act" (if it is entirely an act)? And I don't think breaking and entering and property theft for a friend is a sign of a healthy friendship, even if it did lead to an interesting discussion on just how legal our heroes' actions are even when they're ostensibly employed by the government.
    I take that as Kara feels so guilty about lying to Lena for so long, that she's willing to do whatever it takes to make it right. And she is still naive enough to think that either Lex wouldn't put anything too dangerous in his journals, or that Lena would be good enough not to use anything in the journals for nefarious purposes.

I really can't wait until Lena is revealed, if only to see how Kara deals with it.

Sean Astin felt so random here. I doubt it's going to be the case but it would've been hilarious if he ended up being Malefic's human form. Is his being in Vancouver the reason Shazam isn't in any of the DC Animated Features movies anymore ?

Apparently his daughter's a fan, so he did it for her. Which I find rather sweet.

I take that as Kara feels so guilty about lying to Lena for so long, that she's willing to do whatever it takes to make it right. And she is still naive enough to think that either Lex wouldn't put anything too dangerous in his journals, or that Lena would be good enough not to use anything in the journals for nefarious purposes.

I really can't wait until Lena is revealed, if only to see how Kara deals with it.
    I wonder if Superman committed any crimes to save his friendship with Lex ?
    Apparently his daughter's a fan, so he did it for her. Which I find rather sweet.
    That's awesome .

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I don't even get the CW on my Dish Network anymore since they dropped the channel years ago and trying to watch a shows on the CW site is horrible. It is probably the worst site when it comes to streaming with so many comercials and horrible lag or drops even with good wifi.

Oh yeah, the constant commercials are horrible.

But then again, thats how they finance with low ratings.

Lena is such a liar. People seem to be acting like this is something new for Lena. But Lena lied about Sam. Lena lied about not knowing Morgan Edge owned Acre Lee. Lena lied about having kryptonite. Lena lied about having harunel.
    Did Lena even ever tell Kara that Lena killed a man conducting harunel experiments? Lena lied about working with Lex. Is Lena ever going to tell Kara that she murdered her own brother? Lena is even lying right now about forgiving Kara.
    I mean if Kara can get over all of this, what does it take for Kara to realize that Lena is just another Luthor.

That was why Laura Metcalf was on Supergirl in season three. Her daughter is also a Supergirl fan so that was a way to meet the stars of the show.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    You have to consider that NBC started in 1923, CBS in 1927, ABC was split off from NBC in the 1940s. So that means the CW had to pick up whatever independent stations were left over or start new stations.
    They were never or are never going to be able to compete with the big three. You can't watch what you can't see. All you can really do for Flash, Arrow, Legend oT, Supergirl, is look where they were when
    Super girl first aired on the CW first CW episode and where they are now. When Supergirl first aired on the CW:
    Arrow was 1.871 million, Flash was 3.166 million, Supergirl was 3.063 million
    now for the latest episode
    Arrow is 0.773 million, Flash is 1.380 million, Supergirl is 0.992 million
    So pretty much every CW show is dropping by the same amount, getting worse each season. About a third as many people watch each show now.
    But something to consider is this is only the people that watch the shows on TV the night the show airs. This doesn't include people who watch the shows on a VCR later on in the week,
    people who stream the shows, people who binge watch on Netflix, people who buy the DVDs or from Amazon, and people who bootleg the shows from torrent sites.
    People only notice how much Supergirl drops because Supergirl is woke and they use Supergirl to justify their claim of go woke, go broke.
    Using the numbers you give Arrow has 41% of it’s previous audience Flash 43% and Supergirl 32% so it has dropped the most.