Page 300 of 374 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350 ... LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 5596
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Partially, true. But mostly cause like always she lets Lex get under her skin. They're Charlie Brown and Lucy with the genders reversed.

When this plan blows up in her face and she loses Kara as a friend, then she will encounter a resurrected Lex (remember Monitor brought him back) who will MOCK her for listening to him. HE framed it as everyone knowing the secret was doing so out of thinking she was less than, and she always buys Lex's lies, precedent be damned. It was a hail mary on his part since it was the only way he could get back at her for shooting for him, but it will amuse him to no end that it worked. He'll say something like it was obvious Kara did this cause she loves you like a sister but listening to me you torpedoed the one true and pure relationship you had.
    I love your take. It would be glorious. Classic dying gambit from Lex: "Even if I die, you lose everything and everyone you ever valued, and I win, all because you did and reacted exactly as I knew you would."

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I often forgot that James was still on the show, to be honest.

I'm also kind of surprised they never tried to make Kara and James a thing again. I get that they broke them up in Season 2 so that she could have a romance with Mon El, but now that that's been put to rest, they could have tried again.

As for William- is it wrong that I just want her to remain single for a while? Must they insert a romance?
    You're not wrong, though Kara had no hint of romance whatsoever in Season 4, as far as I recall from seeing the episodes. It was all about that good sisterly love and female friendship, which wasn't so bad, by any means.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You're not wrong, though Kara had no hint of romance whatsoever in Season 4, as far as I recall from seeing the episodes. It was all about that good sisterly love and female friendship, which wasn't so bad, by any means.
    I know, and it was great. It felt like, for once, Supergirl wasn't being defined by what boy she was crushing on.

I get that his people ostracized him and his own family forgot about him, but...dude still helped murder his own race.

This guy taught Jimmy about journalistic integrity? Then what did he even learn at the Planet? How to be a man of action?

I wasn't in love with the Olsen family storyline but it's narrative purpose was ultimately writing James out, and this felt true to his character as developed on this show. This will never be my favorite take on Jimmy Olsen, but he's been with the show since day one so it's pretty major to see him finally go. It did feel very full-circle to have him as the editor of his own paper, mentoring the next young photographer, and ending with a "don't call me chief, call me Jimmy" .

(Also what happened to the old editor? Did Jimmy fire him, or is he still working at the paper? Guy seemed to be doing his best in an unenviable circumstance and without the money Jimmy can throw).

"You looked after me." Yeah, when you think about it Kara's probably saved Jimmy more then Jimmy's saved her, especially when he became Guardian and had a pretty terrible track record for fights.

It seemed more and more obvious that William was pulling an undercover op on Andrea the whole time, though I'm not sure how convincing it is that he's a genuine nice guy. I'm betting he and Kara will work together to bring Andrea down though.

Did The Monitor free Malefic so he could help with Lena's plan? So whatever she's developing will help fight the Anti-Monitor?
    Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Nice ode to Simon and Kirby's Newsboy legion in this episode. Good they kinda left it open for Jimmy to come back. Like how the story between Jon and his brother is developing and yeah Lena is definitely evil lol.
    "Simon Kirby." I was wondering what that was referencing...

Ehhh...I still don't like William.

I thought that lecture about Mars at the museum was pretty cool. I wonder if people can take Martian History classes in college? Also, they mentioned Tamaran!

I'm also kind of surprised they never tried to make Kara and James a thing again. I get that they broke them up in Season 2 so that she could have a romance with Mon El, but now that that's been put to rest, they could have tried again.
    I think the appeal of James dating Lena was too strong. There was definitely a certain spark missing from their relationship, but it did further along some character stories (like Lena's trust issues).

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Nice ode to Simon and Kirby's Newsboy legion in this episode.
    And, ya know, Guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wasn't in love with the Olsen family storyline but it's narrative purpose was ultimately writing James out, and this felt true to his character as developed on this show. This will never be my favorite take on Jimmy Olsen, but he's been with the show since day one so it's pretty major to see him finally go. It did feel very full-circle to have him as the editor of his own paper, mentoring the next young photographer, and ending with a "don't call me chief, call me Jimmy" .
    We never actually got to see James interact with Perry White, but I think we can imagine there were many "Don't call me Chief" moments. It definitely felt full circle for the character, and I'm glad he is still in journalism (circumventing that "non compete clause" by becoming a publisher) and sticking close to the common man. Him going into politics wouldn't have given him that kind of send off. Also he got to pass off his camera. Wait, didn't that thing get destroyed?

Did The Monitor free Malefic so he could help with Lena's plan? So whatever she's developing will help fight the Anti-Monitor?
    Lena had a lot of alone time with the Projector and we see her messing with it when Brainy was out of the room - I assume she just rerouted the portal so that Malefec was transported into that cell.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Lena had a lot of alone time with the Projector and we see her messing with it when Brainy was out of the room - I assume she just rerouted the portal so that Malefec was transported into that cell.
    I think Frontier meant originally. At the end of last season, the Monitor freed Malefec from the Phantom Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Ehhh...I still don't like William.
    To be honest, I haven't seen anyone who is. I'm personally just lukewarm on him.
    I thought that lecture about Mars at the museum was pretty cool. I wonder if people can take Martian History classes in college? Also, they mentioned Tamaran!
    I wonder where they got that footage from.
    I think the appeal of James dating Lena was too strong. There was definitely a certain spark missing from their relationship, but it did further along some character stories (like Lena's trust issues).
    I hope Simon doesn't have an older sister. We all know Jimmy's type.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think Frontier meant originally. At the end of last season, the Monitor freed Malefec from the Phantom Zone.
    Yeah, I know how Lena did it, I'm just wondering if this was the endgame for bringing Malefic out of the Phantom Zone in the first place since him haranguing his brother doesn't seem like it would lead into Crisis at all.

To be honest, I haven't seen anyone who is. I'm personally just lukewarm on him.

I wonder where they got that footage from.

I hope Simon doesn't have an older sister. We all know Jimmy's type.

Yeah, I know how Lena did it, I'm just wondering if this was the endgame for bringing Malefic out of the Phantom Zone in the first place since him haranguing his brother doesn't seem like it would lead into Crisis at all.
    I'm actually wondering if maybe it wasn't the Monitor that brought out Malefec, but maybe the Anti-Monitor in disguise? Unless the Monitor wants the mind control tech to do what Psycho Pirate did in the comics, and control villains to fight on his side.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I see Superman, J'onn, Dreamer, and Alex...is that Vibe or Brainy on the far left?

Maybe this is the part of the crossover where Barry comes to bring Supergirl and company in?

Mighty Member

Great to see Phil LaMarr guest starring.

Getting serious Granny Goodness vibes from that old lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Getting serious Granny Goodness vibes from that old lady.
    They never have said who she is. Could be her. She is so calm and unemotional and somehow that makes her scary as hell. Sort of an Odell vibe to her.

Kara has been dressing a lot more stylishly lately. Loved the red dress. Still not sold on the new costume though. Just looks too generic.

Lena is starting to look more and more full blown super villain.

So maybe Rojas isn't a villain after all?

Nice twist on Williams long lost friend.

Still wondering if Eve is a secret mole for Leviathan. Girl is just too devious to be taken over that easily. Had us all faked out for three years as a sweet simpleton. And then she faked us out into thinking she was Lex's mole.
    While all the while being Leviathan's mole to Lex.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    They never have said who she is. Could be her. She is so calm and unemotional and somehow that makes her scary as hell. Sort of an Odell vibe to her.

Kara has been dressing a lot more stylishly lately. Loved the red dress. Still not sold on the new costume though. Just looks too generic.

Lena is starting to look more and more full blown super villain.

So maybe Rojas isn't a villain after all?

Nice twist on Williams long lost friend.

Still wondering if Eve is a secret mole for Leviathan. Girl is just too devious to be taken over that easily. Had us all faked out for three years as a sweet simpleton. And then she faked us out into thinking she was Lex's mole.
    While all the while being Leviathan's mole to Lex.
    Seriously, timing the launch of this to a major global cataclysm, makes me more suspicious. What exactly is leviathan’s objective here? And what exactly are dreamer’s powers, that she was able to diffuse a tidal wave like that?

I really wonder whether that evil old woman is connected to the Crisis.

The reveal was obvious, but Mini-Doc Ock was still quite cool.

Also, Lena, how far is this gonna go?