Page 303 of 374 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313353 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    So there's a character named Acrata from the comics? I had no idea. I thought she was just going to be this show's version of Shadow Thief.
    In the comic books Acrata is a superhero and her real name is also Andrea Rojas and her father is also Bernado Rojas. She was also in Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    That was cold, and a true Luthor move. I'd like to think Lena did it simply because she knew Andrea would comply and never intended for Rip Roar to hurt himself.
    The only way Lena doesn't come off as a gigantic hypocrite is if she was bluffing, but if she seemed so serious that you couldn't tell...we may never know if she was.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The only way Lena doesn't come off as a gigantic hypocrite is if she was bluffing, but if she seemed so serious that you couldn't tell...we may never know if she was.
    Lena shot and would have killed John Corben if he hadn't been rescued by Cadmus. Lena might have shot Morgan Edge if not knocked out by his henchman. Lena killed Adam while conducting Harun-El experiments.
    Lena did shoot and kill Lex Luthor. So it's not like Lena doesn't kill if she thinks the ends justify the means.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Lena shot and would have killed John Corben if he hadn't been rescued by Cadmus. Lena might have shot Morgan Edge if not knocked out by his henchman. Lena killed Adam while conducting Harun-El experiments.
    Lena did shoot and kill Lex Luthor. So it's not like Lena doesn't kill if she thinks the ends justify the means.
    But I think willingness to kill a, basically, innocent is something that I think would be way over the line even for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Lena threatening to have Rip Roar slit his throat just to get the medallion is pretty much a point of no return at the moment.
    No...a point of no return moment would have been having Rip Roar slit his throat anyway after she got the medallion.

This show doesn't do irredeemable, twisting figurative mustache evil women, not without killing them off shortly afterward (Rhea and Selena come to mind). And there's too much wiggle room with Lena to suggest they're going this route. Screwing with villains isn't enough (and sorry but Eve and J'onn's brother are villains), at best she's a minor antagonist. This is a side story since she's a major character. She's heartbroken and acting out scientifically/clinically instead of processing what she's going through like a normal human. Either she will realize on her own how stupid she's being, or Lex will say some version of that when they meet up (either right before or during Crisis I'd imagine).

But hey, not to get in the way of the "Yay Lena is finally evil!" echo chamber. There won't be much to discuss anyway till after Crisis since regardless of quality this is all filler (and this goes for all the CW DC shows except maybe Batwoman) till then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    No...a point of no return moment would have been having Rip Roar slit his throat anyway after she got the medallion.

This show doesn't do irredeemable, twisting figurative mustache evil women, not without killing them off shortly afterward (Rhea and Selena come to mind). And there's too much wiggle room with Lena to suggest they're going this route. Screwing with villains isn't enough (and sorry but Eve and J'onn's brother are villains), at best she's a minor antagonist. This is a side story since she's a major character. She's heartbroken and acting out scientifically/clinically instead of processing what she's going through like a normal human. Either she will realize on her own how stupid she's being, or Lex will say some version of that when they meet up (either right before or during Crisis I'd imagine).

But hey, not to get in the way of the "Yay Lena is finally evil!" echo chamber. There won't be much to discuss anyway till after Crisis since regardless of quality this is all filler (and this goes for all the CW DC shows except maybe Batwoman) till then.
    You make a good point, but the fact is she is doing all of this to create a mind control device- a device she has already used on multiple people, including the agents at the DEO.

I think Lena's on a very slippery slope that she's slipping more and more off of as the season goes along.

The are trying very hard to make Lena's turn plausible, but it's still forced.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Tearful speech Lena gave to Kara.

I know that Mitch Pillegi had a long run on Stargate Atlantis, and X-Files was technically a sci-fi show, but seeing him in a costume playing an alien bad guy is just WEIRD.

Sorry Lena, but everybody lies. You made the choice kill your brother; you don't get pass the blame off because you feel guilty.

How did J'onn get into Malefak's cell, if Malefak couldn't get out before Lena whammied him?

I also really hope their reconciliation is genuine, and not a plot.

Not caring one bit about the relationship stuff between Alex and Mary Sue Kelly. Which is a shame, because I actually, genuinely, like the relationship stuff in these shows (I know, I'm a masochist).

So Lena used kryptonite against Kara this week, and in the next episode she may do it again. And even after Lena tells Kara that she's going to use Myriad, Kara is STILL defending her. Ugh. Maybe Alex can do what's necessary and run a Kryptonite sword through Lena.

This is actually intriguing me. I'm willing to bet, if they hadn't done Crisis for the crossover this year, that this whole betrayal story line would have carried on for the whole season. But because of the Crisis, they have to wrap it up by midseason instead. So it looks like they'll wrap up Lena's project on Dec. 1, and more than likely Leviathan will somehow get their hands on it to use later.

So I guess Leviathan will be the big bad for the back half, but in that case- how will Lena be used? We know she'll be in the crossover. But considering what she's done, assuming she survives, will they let her go free? Or will they lock her in a cell?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The are trying very hard to make Lena's turn plausible, but it's still forced.
    This storyline only gets worse and worse for me. Wrestlers go from hero to villain much more believably than Lena currently is doing.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    This storyline only gets worse and worse for me. Wrestlers go from hero to villain much more believably than Lena currently is doing.
    The writers probably thought it was a good idea but it isn't a good idea.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The writers probably thought it was a good idea but it isn't a good idea.
    I agree on both counts. Having Supergirl accidentally stepping on Lena's foot would be only slightly worse as a catalyst for her going evil than what we are seeing now: "You have betrayed my right big toe, Kara, and must pay for it with your life... but I'm not a supervillain!"
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

He's the thing, good people, when feeling betrayed by someone, usually forgive that person, or if they can't, just leave them out of their life. They do not become evil villains who take it out on the rest of humanity.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I know that Mitch Pillegi had a long run on Stargate Atlantis, and X-Files was technically a sci-fi show, but seeing him in a costume playing an alien bad guy is just WEIRD.

Sorry Lena, but everybody lies. You made the choice kill your brother; you don't get pass the blame off because you feel guilty.

How did J'onn get into Malefak's cell, if Malefak couldn't get out before Lena whammied him?

I also really hope their reconciliation is genuine, and not a plot.

Not caring one bit about the relationship stuff between Alex and Mary Sue Kelly. Which is a shame, because I actually, genuinely, like the relationship stuff in these shows (I know, I'm a masochist).

So Lena used kryptonite against Kara this week, and in the next episode she may do it again. And even after Lena tells Kara that she's going to use Myriad, Kara is STILL defending her. Ugh. Maybe Alex can do what's necessary and run a Kryptonite sword through Lena.

This is actually intriguing me. I'm willing to bet, if they hadn't done Crisis for the crossover this year, that this whole betrayal story line would have carried on for the whole season. But because of the Crisis, they have to wrap it up by midseason instead. So it looks like they'll wrap up Lena's project on Dec. 1, and more than likely Leviathan will somehow get their hands on it to use later.

So I guess Leviathan will be the big bad for the back half, but in that case- how will Lena be used? We know she'll be in the crossover. But considering what she's done, assuming she survives, will they let her go free? Or will they lock her in a cell?
    Supergirl was starting to get interesting to me again, but if leviathan is going to be the big bad for the back half, I think I’ll pass on it. They’re still too vague a threat for me to get interested in. Yet another threat from space. I’m really tired of those.
    Last edited by protege; 11-18-2019 at 08:27 AM.