Page 316 of 374 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 5596

So, I find it a little odd that the alternate toyman came from an earth that didn’t have a lex Luthor? Did it have a supergirl? But, I am loving lex’s prescence on this show. Jon’s already cool headquarters just got an even cooler upgrade. I’ve always loved toyman themed episodes. Seeing how Winn might have turned out had things been different is very interesting.
    Last edited by protege; 01-27-2020 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    William x Kara was clear from the get go, no real surprises there. I mean, I'm no SuperCorp shipper and it can only be better than Mon-El, so I'm open to it.

Great to see Winn again, his presence was really missed in the last 2 season.
    I don't mind her having a love interest. But there is nothing there between Kara and William. And William himself is such a 'BLAH' character.

I really don't know what the problem is with the writers on this show being able to create dynamic, realistic relationships. In five seasons, the only good relationships that I can think of are Alex/Maggie, Kara/Mon El (to a much lesser extent), and Kara/Lena- and that's just the chemistry between the two actresses normally, not any actually developed romantic relationship. Hell, even Winn/Lyra was good. Kara/James never clicked and never got the chance to progress, Lena/James was terrible, Alex/Kelly feels forced to me (and I hate the character of Kelly). Brainy/Nia has potential, but it doesn't get a lot of screentime and most of the development happened off screen.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Whether or not you like the character, I think we can all agree that Matthew McConaughey does a great British accent as William Dey.

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Whether or not you like the character, I think we can all agree that Matthew McConaughey does a great British accent as William Dey.

GIFs202002723139.jpg

Incidentally, he was FANTASTIC in The Gentlemen.

Ah, so Winn has a wife and daughter in the future. Looks like he's definitely there to stay! Shame we might not see Winn and James have a reunion, although I liked Winn's reaction to hearing what James is doing now. I like Winn having such admiration for Nura Nal and inspiring Nia a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Not digging J'onn's tactical vest. Just wear the suit.

Actually, if he was going to wear the vest, he should have been wearing it when he fought the Anti Monitor after he said 'New Earth, new look.' That would have made more sense then just pointing out he was wearing his suit with his human face now.
    I wonder if that was the plan all along and costuming just hadn't finished the new look in time for the crossover? I like this new direction for J'onn, he seems quite interested in doing his superhero/Justice League thing as separate from the DEO. I don't expect constant appearances from Superman or Flash or anything, but there should be enough to keep J'onn busy.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    What's with the pop music soundtracks to fight scenes on this show now? They did it last week too and I don't know that it really works the way they think it does. Makes me think they saw it somewhere and it was more successful there.
    They probably want to recapture the awesomely cheesy moment from earlier this season on the Flash when they used the Flash Gordon song.

Win is married to Ayla (Light Lass)? Or is it just some other 31st-century woman named Ayla?
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Astonishing Member

OK episode. I like Lex. Dream powers - not so much. Kara's erratic use of super speed is annoying. The tigers should have been on the way to the sun after a superspeed toss. The bomb blast cape is stupid also. Bombs also should have been tossed. Of course, we can't have speed enabled folks clearing out the fight in a millisecond.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I wonder if that was the plan all along and costuming just hadn't finished the new look in time for the crossover? I like this new direction for J'onn, he seems quite interested in doing his superhero/Justice League thing as separate from the DEO. I don't expect constant appearances from Superman or Flash or anything, but there should be enough to keep J'onn busy.

I believe David Harewood explained this- they had to accept the fact that they couldn't always afford the CGI to show him in Martian form, so they made the decision to let him wear the costume and just use his 'human face'. I believe Crisis was the first time that we saw a human looking J'onn in the suit.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I believe David Harewood explained this- they had to accept the fact that they couldn't always afford the CGI to show him in Martian form, so they made the decision to let him wear the costume and just use his 'human face'. I believe Crisis was the first time that we saw a human looking J'onn in the suit.
    I thought it was odd that they then ditched the suit for this new capeless martian inspired tactical look. Does that mean they created a real life Martian Manhunter suit that Harewood only wore the one time?

I thought it was odd that they then ditched the suit for this new capeless martian inspired tactical look. Does that mean they created a real life Martian Manhunter suit that Harewood only wore the one time?
    The suit he wore in Crisis was actually a suit he wore for several seasons now. They usually have him in the suit with tracking dots painted on his face, and just CGI in the head.

Man, it was great to see Winn again, doubly so with both future!Winn coming back as a full-on hero and getting to see what Winn would've been like as Toyman. Jeremy Jordan was able to deliver both roles perfectly and migrated back to the cast like he hadn't left. He has been missed .

I know the main concern for everyone seems to be Leviathan, but I just can't help but be more worried about whatever Luthor is up to. Maybe it's because Leviathan has been so underdeveloped or because Lex has too big a presence, but I'm more engaged with anything Luthor related then any scene with Leviathan. Anyone wanna bet Lex hijacks Leviathan's endgame for himself?

It's kind of sad that whenever Lena shows anyone empathy now it's an act to gain their trust. Is this the woman we want planning to lobotomize mankind for their greater good ?

I think I like the idea of Kara and William as reporting partners more then I do as romantic interests, at least since it gives Kara reason to do her day job. I mean, I'm not against Kara having a romantic interest and I don't think she should be single permanently, but the show writers have never seemed to be able to do a good job of crafting a convincing and likeable love interest for her across the whole show up to this point. I do find it kind of amusing how their dynamic has flipped from Pre-Crisis where now William is the gung-ho one and Kara is the one trying to get him to be cautious.

So Andrea never became Acrata in this timeline. On the one hand, she's no longer a murderer, but I agree with AnakinFlair that it does take away some of the nuance and character depth Andrea had shown off Pre-Crisis. Heck, is her relationship with Russel even a thing now? Although I wonder if they'll restore her Pre-Crisis memories somehow.

It's a shame that Lex Luthor figure doesn't come with a piece of his Warsuit. Collect all National City Superhero figures to build your own Warsuit that the Lex figure can fit right in .

So what's Winn's Legion codename? "Whiz Kid?" "Science Boy?"

Winn married Lightning Lass? That's unexpected, if only because modern Aayla is usually paired more with women. Hope Winn has better luck then Timber Wolf did. And was the person playing her in the picture black? Because I kinda figured they'd race-bend the Lightning siblings (like the comics just did)...

"Time Police" Did Winn mean "Science Police?" Or is there actual time police? Is that what the revived Time Bureau end up as? Somebody should probably tell the Legends...

When I first saw the Tower my first name for it was "Martian Mancave," but I figured they wouldn't go with that one for obvious reasons.

So Barry and Kate get their own symbols but not Clark or Jefferson? I guess it shows who the creators are expecting to pop in for team-ups soon.

I really don't care for dressed down Martian Manhunter. They can afford FX for powers and CGI tiger robots, but not Martian Manhunter in his proper form for a minute or two?

I wonder if Nura Nal is basically Nia with white hair, a star on her cheek, and a leotard. Although I would totally watch a spinoff of Winn and Dream Girl solving crimes in the future.

I'm sure Brainy helped, but you'd think a Legion ship would have better security then STAR Labs.

Did anyone else get Tigerzord vibes from the tiger robots? I was half expecting the White Ranger theme to start playing.

"Wait, I can do that with my powers?" Nia, you're powers are so vaguely defined that it can probably do literally whatever the plot needs it too.

Brainiac 5 is so unfun now, although that's kind of the point. It's pretty obvious he hasn't really cut himself off from all his emotions, but he's definitely acting like the cold, logical, and manipulative Brainiac 5.

Brainiac Prime is Brainy's "cousin?" Is that how that works? Or maybe they're saving the proper Brainiac 1.0 for Clark's show.

I'm really not sure if Winn actually forgave Brainy for what happened. Some of his comments sounded more like backhanded or begrudging compliments.

So is AI Toyman going to be the menace next episode or potentially menace Superman on his show? It might be more affordable then Jeremy Jordan needing to plop himself onto another set.

Ayla is still "AY-la" in my mind, not "EYE-la."

Ayla is still "AY-la" in my mind, not "EYE-la."
    To be honest, I still pronounce Kara as "Care-Uh" instead of "Car-Uh."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Andrea never became Acrata in this timeline. On the one hand, she's no longer a murderer, but I agree with AnakinFlair that it does take away some of the nuance and character depth Andrea had shown off Pre-Crisis. Heck, is her relationship with Russel even a thing now? Although I wonder if they'll restore her Pre-Crisis memories somehow.

I really don't care for dressed down Martian Manhunter. They can afford FX for powers and CGI tiger robots, but not Martian Manhunter in his proper form for a minute or two?

I'm sure Brainy helped, but you'd think a Legion ship would have better security then STAR Labs.

I hope she does get her memories back. I started off this season hating Andrea, but then the Acrata stuff happened and I began to empathize with her, and she became a well-rounded, likable character. Now she's back to being just a bitch that for some reason has it out for Kara.

A) they probably blew most of their FX budget this season on Crisis, and B) whatever they had left went into the Legion ship and the tigers.

That actually makes me angry. The future is obviously not a paradise, since there is a Legion of Superheroes to enforce peace. That means that travel to hostile places and fight enemies that want to probably kill them. And all you need to get onto their ship is a single hair from a Legionaire? SERIOUSLY?!

If they are going to be that stupid, they deserved to be wiped out by the Blight.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

You say tactical suit, I say BMX Manhunter.