Page 321 of 374 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331371 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Every time I am reminded that Chris and Melissa are a real life couple (even married as of 2019) I just can't wrap my head around on what a terrible chemistry they had as an on-screen couple. Like, how is that even possible, especially when you compare them to the magnificent chemistry Brandon Routh and Courtney Ford are having over on Legends.
    I actually thought that their on-screen chemistry evolved as Mon El's character matured. It got better as the season went on.

But I also agree that the relationship between Lena and Kara overshadowed them at times. The two actresses have great chemistry together.

Mighty Member

I fear that Kara's going to be a guinea pig of Lena's project.

Seeing the countdown to Obsidian, all I kept thinking is "Skynet is Genysis. Genysis is Skynet."

Opening scene featured the two love interests I have absolutely no interest in. Thank god for fast forward.

Lena, YOU ARE TRYING TO MIND CONTROL PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering why Supergirl would bother to help the DEO now that Alex isn't working there anymore. I forgot that Lex knows who she is, and given her recent experience she probably wouldn't want to risk that getting out. Though I am starting to wonder if maybe she will reveal her identity by the end of the season to set up a story for next season.

That said, why not have J'onn mind wipe Lex?

That tactical vest J'onn wearing really gives him a guts.

Funny thing is, with Lena's trials- I could see the benefits, if it was voluntary for everyone. Forcing it on everyone is the bridge too far.

Oh, William's here! Time to do laundry!

So Brainy is now a one-alien Council of Wells. That's kind of clever, actually.

Andrea Rojas, you have failed this city!

You know, I could almost believe Lex when he was talking to Lena. Almost.

Alex, have you ever heard of a civilian carry permit? You can still carry a firearm.

How long until they all realize that Brainy has been lying to them?

Kara, didn't J'onn just tell you that Amy's gauntlets could drain the power from aliens?

What kind of failsafe did Andrea design, and who in the city approved that?!

Hoping that Kara writes an expose on the dangers of the VR lenses and releases it, Rojas be damned.

Andrea's got her powers again. Let's see what she does with it.

J'onn, you never thought to give that to Alex when she was actually in the DEO?!

I forgot that in this new world, Lex is actually a hero to the general population.

No Kara, you didn't make a mistake! Let him go!

Oh, Lex made the failsafe. That makes sense.

This season's plot is just all over the place. There is just too much going on with Leviathan, Obsidian, Lex, Andrea... they really needed to streamline all of this. As it is, it's just a muddled mess that is saved by the performances from most of the cast.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 03-08-2020 at 08:11 PM.

That emotional moment with the villain was actually quite touching.

Had a thought last night. Brainy mentioned that the Leviathan aliens were a techno-organic race. That sounds a lot like the Coulans. And while Lex has been maneuvering them for his aims, they have been doing exactly the same to him, possibly without him even realizing it.

So here is my theory- what if one (or all) of the other Brainy's that the main Brainiac absorbed had been recruited or corrupted by Leviathan? And what if they are actually helping Leviathan by convincing Brainy Prime to work with Lex and distance himself from his friends?

Astonishing Member

Alex complained that Lex took her side arm. What state do they live in - in the Arrowverse. In our universe, most states have concealed carry permits or don't even require a permit. Get one or not, depending on the rules, then go to the store and buy a Glock 19.

Oh, J'onn gets knock on his butt yet again by some made up alien.
    Last edited by Captain Smith; 03-09-2020 at 11:33 AM.

Is Kara back on the DEO payroll now that Baker is no longer president? And now especially that Lex owns the DEO.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Alex complained that Lex took her side arm. What state do they live in - in the Arrowverse. In our universe, most states have concealed carry permits or don't even require a permit. Get one or not, depending on the rules, then go to the store and buy a Glock 19.

Oh, J'onn gets knock on his butt yet again by some made up alien.
    I guess because it was a magical gun. Super Alex could just buy an ordinary gun but would it be the same? Brainy did make the gun specifically for Ales made the gun for Alex. Did he use DEO resources to make it?
    Did that type of gun become standard issue for DEO agents. What ever became of the gun that Alex took from a Maldorian? Would that be considered DEO property too because she confiscated it while on a mission?

Kara has been getting knocked on her butt since the series started. Sometimes just by meta-humans. And supposedly Kara is about equal to J'onn in power.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Is Kara back on the DEO payroll now that Baker is no longer president? And now especially that Lex owns the DEO.

I guess because it was a magical gun. Super Alex could just buy an ordinary gun but would it be the same? Brainy did make the gun specifically for Ales made the gun for Alex. Did he use DEO resources to make it?
    Did that type of gun become standard issue for DEO agents. What ever became of the gun that Alex took from a Maldorian? Would that be considered DEO property too because she confiscated it while on a mission?

Kara has been getting knocked on her butt since the series started. Sometimes just by meta-humans. And supposedly Kara is about equal to J'onn in power.
    If I remember correctly, Winn made the gun for Alex when he made her 'costume'. I'm assuming since Winn used DEO resources to make both, she was required to turn it in when she quit.

Of course, that didn't stop her from stealing kryptonite and Lexosuits on her way out...

Both J'onn and Kara got taken down because the magical plot gauntlets stole their powers. What annoys me is that J'onn specifically warned Kara of this, and even at first Kara was smart by using her freeze-breath from a distance to take Amy down. Then for some damn reason (plot contrivance) she decided to get up close and personal.

Also- was Kara ever ON the payroll?
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 03-09-2020 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Opening scene featured the two love interests I have absolutely no interest in. Thank god for fast forward.
    As obvious as it was what the writers were trying to pull off with William, now they're just going about it way too hard.

I kind of feel bad for the actor.
    Oh yeah, one test case worked and seems happy. I'm sure it's totally safe and secure and won't backfire immensely!
    I was wondering why Supergirl would bother to help the DEO now that Alex isn't working there anymore. I forgot that Lex knows who she is, and given her recent experience she probably wouldn't want to risk that getting out. Though I am starting to wonder if maybe she will reveal her identity by the end of the season to set up a story for next season.
    The 100th episode already showed why revealing her identity is a terrible idea.
    That said, why not have J'onn mind wipe Lex?
    That's like J'onn's dangerous forbidden move. And Lex probably has contingencies for mind control.
    Funny thing is, with Lena's trials- I could see the benefits, if it was voluntary for everyone. Forcing it on everyone is the bridge too far.
    But...But Utopia!
    So Brainy is now a one-alien Council of Wells. That's kind of clever, actually.
    Except he's only got two Brainy's he can call on, although at least he can get a fresh perspective from either one of them.
    Andrea Rojas, you have failed this city!
    I swear when she said "Andrea Rojas..." I thought she was going to finish with the full line. Maybe she thought it was in bad taste after Oliver's death.
    You know, I could almost believe Lex when he was talking to Lena. Almost.
    I'm surprised Lena's bought into it as much as she has.

I guess I can believe he's using Lena as a way of channeling his obsession with Superman, but once he gives up on that he'll probably go back to trying to kill the Man of Steel.
    Kara, didn't J'onn just tell you that Amy's gauntlets could drain the power from aliens?
    Superheroes on these shows are unfortunately never that smart.
    Hoping that Kara writes an expose on the dangers of the VR lenses and releases it, Rojas be damned.
    It did seem like Kara was starting to understand Andrea a bit better when she talked about all the effort she's put into Obsidian for her father.
    Andrea's got her powers again. Let's see what she does with it.
    I did find it kind of amusing seeing Andrea locked up even though she hasn't committed any crimes in this universe and the heroes are still oblivious that she was Acrata. I guess Leviathan wasn't kidding about the powers being hers all along.
    J'onn, you never thought to give that to Alex when she was actually in the DEO?!
    As cool as that weapon is, Alex is probably just going to default to a gun 99% of the time.
    This season's plot is just all over the place. There is just too much going on with Leviathan, Obsidian, Lex, Andrea... they really needed to streamline all of this. As it is, it's just a muddled mess that is saved by the performances from most of the cast.
    I'm just not feeling Leviathan anymore. As bad as Lena can get I'd take more Luthors over whatever Leviathan is up to.

Lex is such a snake. I like that Alex is figuring out how she can do without the support of the DEO (although I think she'd have more confidence in herself than that), but Supergirl or Brainy or someone really needs to figure out how to get Lex out of there!

Can't say I like William much more, but at least Kara is going for it. I don't know if this was on purpose or not, but when Supergirl was talking to him, she did slip back into Kara Danvers.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I also don't like the name. Shouldn't it be more like "Karena" or something?
    I'm partial to Lena El.

At least she had the best intentions? I liked her story, that was intense.

Had a thought last night. Brainy mentioned that the Leviathan aliens were a techno-organic race. That sounds a lot like the Coulans. And while Lex has been maneuvering them for his aims, they have been doing exactly the same to him, possibly without him even realizing it.

So here is my theory- what if one (or all) of the other Brainy's that the main Brainiac absorbed had been recruited or corrupted by Leviathan? And what if they are actually helping Leviathan by convincing Brainy Prime to work with Lex and distance himself from his friends?
    That would be nuts...and a crazy twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The 100th episode already showed why revealing her identity is a terrible idea.

I'm just not feeling Leviathan anymore. As bad as Lena can get I'd take more Luthors over whatever Leviathan is up to.

That was revealing her identity in the past, but now that she knows what could happen, she can plan for contingencies. Also, that would be a good cliffhanger- we all saw what could happen, now we have to wait for what will happen.

Agreed. I think the wind got taken out of Leviathan's sails when it was revealed it was yet ANOTHER alien race from Krypton's home solar system. I guess they felt they could have it be a human organization so soon after last season with the Children of Liberty and Lex.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    At least she had the best intentions?
    So did Astra.

That was revealing her identity in the past, but now that she knows what could happen, she can plan for contingencies. Also, that would be a good cliffhanger- we all saw what could happen, now we have to wait for what will happen.
    Maybe, but I just don't feel like they're setting it up right now, compared to when Ollie got outed.
    Agreed. I think the wind got taken out of Leviathan's sails when it was revealed it was yet ANOTHER alien race from Krypton's home solar system. I guess they felt they could have it be a human organization so soon after last season with the Children of Liberty and Lex.
    It doesn't help that we still barely know anything about them.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Unless you don't have any friends or family, outing yourself just doesn't make any sense, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Unless you don't have any friends or family, outing yourself just doesn't make any sense, IMO.
    And the only reason Kara outed herself in the first place in the alternate reality was to save Lena. So I can't see why Kara would out herself in this reality unless it was to save someone.
    Which would be a redundant plotline. Plus Kara now knows outing herself could end up getting everyone she loves killed. It would be incredibly poor writing to ignore the 100 episode.

Mighty Member

What the heck is that Leviathan lady going to do with those bodies????