Page 326 of 374 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,890 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Yeah, it has been very strange how Lex hates Superman so much, but he largely ignores Hoechlin Superman haha.
    He's barely been around since Lex came into the show aside from Crisis. Superman was on Argo when Lex came in, and now he's raising his kids with Lois. He's pretty much been a non-factor to Lex, while Supergirl is actively trying to stop him on a regular basis.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    He's barely been around since Lex came into the show aside from Crisis. Superman was on Argo when Lex came in, and now he's raising his kids with Lois. He's pretty much been a non-factor to Lex, while Supergirl is actively trying to stop him on a regular basis.
    I suspect that the plan (if Covid-19 didn’t derail everything) is to eventually have Lex migrate over to the Superman and Lois show as a recurring foe.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    I suspect that the plan (if Covid-19 didn’t derail everything) is to eventually have Lex migrate over to the Superman and Lois show as a recurring foe.
    As long as we get more Cryer Lex, I don't care which of the shows he's on.

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

I think we can all agree that Lex (and to a lesser extend Lena) is carrying this season. Leviathan is the most boring main villain since Non.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I guess Chris wanted to be there to support his wife's first directing job .
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I think we can all agree that Lex (and to a lesser extend Lena) is carrying this season. Leviathan is the most boring main villain since Non.
    At least Non didn't try and carry the whole season. Now Lex is basically holding the whole weight on his shoulders.

Lex continues to be an awesome villain. It was great to see all his schemes and machinations come to fruition throughout the days Post-Crisis. Poor Eve, being manipulated like that. Gemma reminds me of Media from American Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    I don't want Eve, Alex, Lena or Kara to kill Lex again. Mostly because Jon Cryer is a really good Lex but they could bring him back later for a two part episode or another crossover.

Then there is Superman's show he could appear on. Put him either back in prison or some kind of limbo.
    Yeah, he's way too good a character to kill off at this point, especially if Cryer wants to keep playing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's something oddly Trump-esque in Lex killing someone and getting away with it scott free.
    True, although if anything, it's the other way around and Trump has taken a couple pages from Lex Luthor's playbook.

Lex killed Supergirl's adoptive father. I don't think he's ever done something equivalent to Superman. Wow
    That's a pretty serious blow (and the messed up thing is how, I dunno, impersonal it is because he killed Jeremiah as a means of further manipulating everyone), but there have been versions of him that have killed Superman and Lois.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yes revealing all to Tess was a bit much, but then megalomaniacal villains gotta monologue.
    I think Lex kind of had to do that because he backed himself into a corner. Eve was starting to fall for him, and he had to play along with that initially so she'd keep working for him. When she came right out and said she wanted to be with him romantically, he had to turn her down. Since that has the potential to backfire on him in a woman scorned kind of way, he had to reveal that he is basically holding Eve's mother hostage so she won't try anything. That's probably going to come back to bite him, but I can see why he did it.

Well, the show is called Supergirl. If he survives, he can move over to Superman and Lois and be a Big Bad for them.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post

Yeah, he's way too good a character to kill off at this point, especially if Cryer wants to keep playing him.
    While I agree, remember this IS Warner Brothers. If they even have the germ of an idea of using Lex in the movies, they'll kill him off in a heartbeat.

That's a pretty serious blow (and the messed up thing is how, I dunno, impersonal it is because he killed Jeremiah as a means of further manipulating everyone), but there have been versions of him that have killed Superman and Lois.
    Hell, this Lex spent an episode killing alternate Supermen.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

Don't insult Non like that.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Well, the show is called Supergirl. If he survives, he can move over to Superman and Lois and be a Big Bad for them.
    I get that, and agree with that. I was just giving my thought as to why Lex wasn't trying to kill Superman on the show. Not that I wanted more Superman on the show.

It's similar to the people that complain about Batwoman because it's not Batman.

I get that, and agree with that. I was just giving my thought as to why Lex wasn't trying to kill Superman on the show. Not that I wanted more Superman on the show.

It's similar to the people that complain about Batwoman because it's not Batman.
    I'm not even necessarily complaining it's just weird to me that this one character is so central to another's motivation but they seem to go out of their way not to have them actually interact with each other on-screen in favor of a character who, while the lead of the show and his sister's best friend, has no real history with him.

I'm not even necessarily complaining it's just weird to me that this one character is so central to another's motivation but they seem to go out of their way not to have them actually interact with each other on-screen in favor of a character who, while the lead of the show and his sister's best friend, has no real history with him.
    I'm going to assume Lex messing with Supergirl is his version of dating someone else to try and make the real object of your affections jealous.

At least Non didn't try and carry the whole season. Now Lex is basically holding the whole weight on his shoulders.
    Chris Vance got the role of the main villain sort of by default because Laura Benanti left the show because she had a child and wanted to got back to New York for Broadway. I think the intention was to have Astra
    as the main villain the entire first season. Non had been just sort of Astra's flunky up until that point.

I think this is in part because Lex has shown a special interest in Lena and Supergirl has been heavily involved with Lena since season 2. Thus Lex has become fixated on Supergirl because at this point in time Supergirl
    is more of a threat to Lena than Superman is. Lex probably feels he can always go back to dealing with Superman once he has dealt with Supergirl. Eliminated that threat.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Wow, that was genuinely pretty terrific. Cryer is just too damn good as Lex. Aside for being a brilliant Luthor showcase, this episode also gave this otherwise crazy messy season some much-needed focus.

They definitely need to do some housekeeping before the next season (get rid of some of the supporting cast; keep the overall plotline more streamlined and allow for more good single-episode stories (this season has actually had a number of those, fortunately); once again, more Kara in her own show; and do whatever the hell they can to keep John Cryer around in some capacity) but it's episodes like this that proves that this show still has some aces up its sleeves.

Unlike The Flash, unfortunately. Well, aside for Ralph and Sue.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Wow, that was genuinely pretty terrific. Cryer is just too damn good as Lex. Aside for being a brilliant Luthor showcase, this episode also gave this otherwise crazy messy season some much-needed focus.

They definitely need to do some housekeeping before the next season (get rid of some of the supporting cast; keep the overall plotline more streamlined and allow for more good single-episode stories (this season has actually had a number of those, fortunately); once again, more Kara in her own show; and do whatever the hell they can to keep John Cryer around in some capacity) but it's episodes like this that proves that this show still has some aces up its sleeves.
    I actually wonder how much Kara will actually be in the next season, due to her pregnancy. They might need to keep an expanded supporting cast just to cover her absence.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Chris Vance got the role of the main villain sort of by default because Laura Benanti left the show because she had a child and wanted to got back to New York for Broadway. I think the intention was to have Astra
    as the main villain the entire first season. Non had been just sort of Astra's flunky up until that point.

Wait, is THAT why they killed her off?!

The thing that always impressed me about Joss Wheedon was that, with one notable exception, he was always able to either keep actors around, or call them back for the most minuscule cameos. Berlanti, on the other hand, seems to be the exact opposite- he keeps hiring cast members that can't wait to leave. I wish they'd hire actors that wanted to stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I actually wonder how much Kara will actually be in the next season, due to her pregnancy. They might need to keep an expanded supporting cast just to cover her absence.
    It might be smarter to just switch Supergirl and Legends. Normally Legends starts mid-season. By starting Supergirl later it gives her more time before filming to have the kid and get adjusted.