Page 341 of 374 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342343344345351 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,115 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Is it just me, or were the water-works really dialed up this past ep? Alex breaking down, Lena and Brainy weeping over Lex, J'onn being down on himself... it took me out of it just how much they were all crying about it. I think those scenes would have been better had the director shown a bit more restraint there.

Also, I just don't agree with how quickly Alex has given up and is breaking down like Kara is dead. It only just happened, and they're working on a way to find her. It's just to give her and Kelly some emotional scenes I guess, but I find it hard to believe that Alex would be so despondent so soon.
    I agree. Just so much agnst and emotional distress, it was everyone. Just dial it back. Didn't mind the plot, but can someone besides Lex make a joke?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

With our heroes stuck in the Phantom Zone, I keep expecting Xa-Du to show up or something.

Gotta be honest, I thought the Phantoms were what the Zone eventually turned you into and not a specific alien race that just happened to be in the Phantom Zone.

What electronic device is Brainy going to break next? I assume they have an unlimited budget, but computers and TV's aren't cheap (although he stopped short of breaking the TV).

I do wonder if the new 5th Dimensional Imp is really the final Big Bad and Kara taking her back to Earth is going to screw everything up. Did she fabricate that story or mislead Kara on the exact details? Could be the Phantom Zone did a number on her mind, too. I don't know if it's a good choice for a final villain, but at least we get to see Mxy again .

M'Gann realized her advice to J'onn backfired and responded to that by...rushing in and getting herself in danger. Miss Martian has not been on her game here.

Time to show off how petty Lex Luthor is to indicate how much our cast can hate him even more than they already do. I get where Lena is coming from wanting to cut him completely out of her life and move on, but considering how much time she spent trying to rebuild the Luthor name and make the company legitimate, it's sad that she had to completely give it up. I wonder how much money she has now?

Lex is so obsessed with Lena that he can't believe when she won't play the game anymore, and honestly seems disappointed. Maybe that's why Superman tries to never be as obsessed with Lex as Lex is with him.

I hope Kelly feeling like she was powerless in that situation isn't what pushes her to become Guardian, although I know it's coming.

Wait, Alex and Kelly weren't already living together? It felt like they were. Didn't they discuss this last season? Granted, I'm probably not invested enough in the relationship to have noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    With our heroes stuck in the Phantom Zone, I keep expecting Xa-Du to show up or something.

Gotta be honest, I thought the Phantoms were what the Zone eventually turned you into and not a specific alien race that just happened to be in the Phantom Zone.

What electronic device is Brainy going to break next? I assume they have an unlimited budget, but computers and TV's aren't cheap (although he stopped short of breaking the TV).

I do wonder if the new 5th Dimensional Imp is really the final Big Bad and Kara taking her back to Earth is going to screw everything up. Did she fabricate that story or mislead Kara on the exact details? Could be the Phantom Zone did a number on her mind, too. I don't know if it's a good choice for a final villain, but at least we get to see Mxy again .

M'Gann realized her advice to J'onn backfired and responded to that by...rushing in and getting herself in danger. Miss Martian has not been on her game here.

Time to show off how petty Lex Luthor is to indicate how much our cast can hate him even more than they already do. I get where Lena is coming from wanting to cut him completely out of her life and move on, but considering how much time she spent trying to rebuild the Luthor name and make the company legitimate, it's sad that she had to completely give it up. I wonder how much money she has now?

Lex is so obsessed with Lena that he can't believe when she won't play the game anymore, and honestly seems disappointed. Maybe that's why Superman tries to never be as obsessed with Lex as Lex is with him.

I hope Kelly feeling like she was powerless in that situation isn't what pushes her to become Guardian, although I know it's coming.

Wait, Alex and Kelly weren't already living together? It felt like they were. Didn't they discuss this last season? Granted, I'm probably not invested enough in the relationship to have noticed.
    There are not set photos out there of Kelly in gold Guardian armor.

Ugh....

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if she'll be the BIG bad, but I anticipate problems. However, I think she's there to help facilitate the endgame for this series. The writers can have the characters end up exactly where they want them to when there's a deus ex machina like a 5-D Imp around.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    There are not set photos out there of Kelly in gold Guardian armor.

Ugh....
    ...I have so many mixed thoughts.

It's hard for me to figure out if I love to hate Lex or just straight up hate him. The Lex/Lena War is great, but holy crap, did Lex cross a line! At least Lena and Brainy are really struggling with how much they hate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Also, who wants to bet that the new Imp will become a villain?
    I think there's a good chance of that. I was thinking she was going to be Gsptlsnz, but she said her name was something else. I'm not quite familiar with 5th Dimensional imps outside of Mxyzptlk, and I only know about Gsptlsnz from Superman the Animated Series in any case. I'm definitely interested in seeing where they're going with the character.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    It's hard for me to figure out if I love to hate Lex or just straight up hate him. The Lex/Lena War is great, but holy crap, did Lex cross a line! At least Lena and Brainy are really struggling with how much they hate him..
    The mark of a good villain .

I hope Lex doesn't die, I love him, but it would be good if we could pause him a bit after this, before he possibly makes to jump to Superman and Lois. Otherwise, he runs the risk of falling into the same trap as Malcolm Merlyn or Tobias Whale.

I hope Lex doesn't die, I love him, but it would be good if we could pause him a bit after this, before he possibly makes to jump to Superman and Lois. Otherwise, he runs the risk of falling into the same trap as Malcolm Merlyn or Tobias Whale.
    I just don't want them to kill him off so he can't appear again on Superman's show, but I'm not sure what they'll do with him at this point.

Mighty Member

I loved the Ghostbusters debate.

the exchanged all the emotional turmoil from last week with action this week. All for the better.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Is it me or has Alex looked really haggard this season?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Doesn't Superman and Lois have their own version of Lex Luthor? They keep showing a General Luthor.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Doesn't Superman and Lois have their own version of Lex Luthor? They keep showing a General Luthor.
    From another universe.

It's nice to see Lena really joining in on the Super Friends team dynamic and bonding with Alex. The last time I remember them seriously interacting was Crisis where Lena was so passive-aggressive towards Alex.

I'm sorry Lena, but...you just blatantly ripped off Ghostbusters. I'm surprised they didn't make that more of a gag, but I guess it would've been too on-the-nose.

I get it's for plot reasons but my first thought about Nia's visions was that she was wishing she could go back in time and go to high school with Kara and Alex...which I guess she's going to end up doing.

I've never seen such a serious conversation over donuts.

It's a shame Kara spent all that time recording those hologram messages and now no one will ever get to see them again, although I guess if she comes back she can re-record them or just tell people.

Surprise surprise, Nyx turned out to be a bad guy. I doubt that explosion killed her, although I thought she was lying about being magi juice otherwise she would have snapped the bat out of Kara's hand before she broke the mirror.

Kara had her first Solar Flare in high school? Didn't they have to relate to the time it happened with Superman to compare it to when it happened to Kara the first time? Is this a Crisis continuity change like Kara's experience with Kryptonite?

"Global Pandemic" hits really differently now.

I don't think they'd kill Zor-El off-screen, so I'm assuming he's still alive so they could probably do a more dramatic death with pathos (if he's not long for this world).

I'm kind of surprised the Martians got knicked by the Phantoms when you'd think they could just turn intangible. Maybe it's from maintaining their human faces for so long.

I was expecting Phantom Prime would be more of a fight, but I guess we only have so much FX budget.

So Legion time travel back to when a Super was a teenager? It is a staple of the franchise, although hopefully they won't pull a Barry or a Legends...