Page 343 of 374 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345346347353 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,145 of 5596
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I noticed that too, but I was thinking it might just be because that make-up isn't doing her any favors.
    That might be part of the problem. At any rate, Chyler Leigh needs to sleep more.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    That might be part of the problem. At any rate, Chyler Leigh needs to sleep more.
    I guess if she's going for an Alex desperate to find her sister that she's losing sleep...

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I noticed that too, but I was thinking it might just be because that make-up isn't doing her any favors.
    That's the point. She was solely focused on getting Kara back. When their best shot to do it quickly flamed out, she sunk deep into depression. At that point, she wasn't caring about how she looked.

As opposed to when they killed Jeremiah off screen?
    It's a different situation with the actor playing Zor-El. If they kill him off now, like this, then what was the point of bringing him into the story in the first place? Just to get Kara even more depressed?

With Dean Cain, that was a complete F-U to him for jumping on the Trump bandwagon. That was them saying "We don't need you, we never needed you, and you matter so little that we'll make your character's death a complete throw away and not even show your face." The only thing it did was give us the VR episode with Chyler as Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    That's the point. She was solely focused on getting Kara back. When their best shot to do it quickly flamed out, she sunk deep into depression. At that point, she wasn't caring about how she looked.
    But she looked that way before Kara entered the Phantom Zone, so that can't be the reason.

But she looked that way before Kara entered the Phantom Zone, so that can't be the reason.
    I hadn't noticed that. It could be the eyeshadow. Lord knows why, if she's going to be a vigilante now, they didn't give her a mask. Hell, they made a mask for Felicity for a one-off alternate reality episode on Legends, they should be able to make a mask for Alex.

I hadn't noticed that. It could be the eyeshadow. Lord knows why, if she's going to be a vigilante now, they didn't give her a mask. Hell, they made a mask for Felicity for a one-off alternate reality episode on Legends, they should be able to make a mask for Alex.
    They've even made fun of the old Arrow face-paint on more than one occasion.

Bluebird

Like, even if it’s a simple plain plastic mask, it’d be a significant upgrade.

Supergirl will not be on in the New York area (Pix 11), because of a Yankees game. They are showing it Saturday instead.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Like, even if it’s a simple plain plastic mask, it’d be a significant upgrade.
    Actually, it'd be kinda hilarious if Alex started wearing glasses in her civilian identity.

Mighty Member

Love young Cat.

I guess we can write out "Midvale" from Post-Crisis continuity, or at least Kenny didn't die this time.

So is this arc going to build up to Nia talking to her sister again?

Is that what 90's prom dresses actually looked like? Or was that just an excuse to show off Nicole Maines' legs...

I see Alex is back to being the unfun sister who kind of resents how much she had to sacrifice for Kara, although didn't they hold off on addressing this until they were adults? Timeline change?

Man, Kenny is such a nice guy. He survived his Pre-Crisis death and got to finally be with Kara, but did something still happen to him? Did he and Kara just lose touch when she decided to got National City? Is he still alive? I'm surprised he knows about her powers, meaning he's the first person she told. Was he possibly her first time too...?

I guess Brainy has enough of the "CW teenager" look to pass as a high schooler to high school faculty. Unless they were just that desperate for help.

The actress did a good job looking and acting like a young Cat Grant circa-flashback era of Superman and Lois. If it wasn't for Calista Flockhart existing I wouldn't mind her playing Cat more.

So Cat was trying to get her own Superman years before Kara made her public debut...all to finally one-up Lois Lane .

I did not know Nicole Maines could sing. It's a shame they never did another musical episode.

The villains were...goofier than I was expecting. I guess since this is teenage Kara it makes sense she wouldn't fight anyone serious yet. Her stopping them in a prom dress feels like foreshadowing for her eventual Superhero costume using a skirt.

I get we're getting the teenage version of Kara, but isn't it kind of weird how much the actual protagonist of this show has been sidelined in the Phantom Zone in the final season of her show? I get part of that was they had to workaround Melissa's pregnancy and maternity leave, but this just hasn't settled in as a final season quite so much for me.

Pretty damn corny, but it was to expected, and despite some cringe moments, I enjoyed it.
    I think I will miss Brainy the most, when this is over.

Maybe she did, because she didn't look that haggard this time. BTW, the actresses that play young Kara and (especially) Alex really nail it.

Was it just a coincidence that "The Flash" just did a 90's time travel ep? I think they had more fun with the era. (so far)

What's with Brainy's stress eating storyline? It just seems oddly jammed in there. Will this become an afterschool special or did they think it was just a fun quirky thing?

I wonder if they'll reveal that Cat actually ends up owing her journalistic success to Kara. It'd be a funny turn of events I guess.

Was it that difficult to say "pre-Crisis/ post-Crisis" instead of "New World/Old World?"

If Kenny's not dead I wonder what happened to him. It'd be rough to just have him die again in the conclusion.

God, they really nailed the casting of... well, all the young versions, but especially Cat. Makes me really hope that they can get Calista back, if only for the finale.

Was Kenny's base Clark's loft from Smallville?

One thing that bugged me- Kenny bought shakes for all of them, and then they left them there, untouched. When I was in high school, I don't care what emergency I had to get to, if I spent money buying food, I'd get that packed up.

So, the evil aliens who want to put Kara in a zoo.... did they raid Doctor Who for some extras? I mean, they couldn't steal quality aliens like Daleks, or even Autons, but instead they got these drama school rejects?

Props to Jessie for the work with the bat. Apparently he was practicing that for two weeks, and it came off flawless.

And double props to Nicole for her singing. I hope they at least have one last karaoke battle this year.

I like how they had Eliza in the show without having Helen Slater there. Though it's weird that Kara would have a picture of Eliza on her nightstand... if anything, I'd expect there to be a picture of Kenny. And I know there wouldn't be a picture of Jeramiah

So I'm guessing something happens to Kenny next episode, which is the reason that Kara went back to hiding full time until the plane in the Pilot.