Page 350 of 374 FirstFirst ... 250300340346347348349350351352353354360 ... LastLast
Results 5,236 to 5,250 of 5596
    Incredible Member

I agree completely.

It's a shame, because I think the actress is doing the best she can with bad material.

The Kelly-Alex relationship needs work too. It never seems real to me. Everything
    is a little too perfect. I've been married for more than 20 years, serious couples get
    into arguments, bicker, it makes for a lot of interesting subject matter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I guess Alex is really the first time I've noticed, because she DOESN'T have a day job anymore. With Team Flash, I thought that Thawne/Wells left STAR Labs to Barry, and it still generated revenue somehow, which he used to pay Cisco and Kaitlin. Oliver was still rich, even after he lost most of his fortune, and Thea got all of Malcolm's money. Kara still works at Catco. But Alex had a job, quit it, and now works as a vigilante. I just wish they'd mention she's getting an income from something.
    Alex, being gov't, probably has some pension benefits. Depends on how long she was in, etc. Retirement account rules - that sort of thing. Or, maybe she taps into the Bruce Wayne fund for superheroes.

Yeah, for whatever reason I just don't feel anything for the Alex/Kelly pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yeah, for whatever reason I just don't feel anything for the Alex/Kelly pairing.
    Agreed. The relationship with Maggie was excellent, and felt real to me. Kelly has always felt like the writers just wanted Alex to have a girlfriend. Or they wanted a Danvers to finally end up with an Olsen

I wasn't necessarily feeling the actual plot and story of the aliens and the prison system, but I did like the dynamics of everyone and Kara doing some investigating. And William managed to snag an interview with Supergirl. I'm kind of hoping Catco fails in its endeavors just because I don't want the name "SuperFriends" to catch on. Was that really the best they could come up with?

As far as Kelly becoming Guardian, it seems just as pointless as when James did it, but depending on how they end the series and what they do with Supergirl, it might make sense that there would have to be more costumed vigilantes running around.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    ... and we're back to the "less fortunate" space-aliens-with-super-powers storyline. Egad!
    Looks like we're not going to see the end of that running plot. At least they're sticking to their guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    These shows really undervalue the idea that not everyone needs to be in a costume. I mean, really now we've only got Lena and William left.
    Has Lena ever worn the Lexosuit? I just remember Lillian Luthor wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Agreed. The relationship with Maggie was excellent, and felt real to me. Kelly has always felt like the writers just wanted Alex to have a girlfriend. Or they wanted a Danvers to finally end up with an Olsen
    Alex and Kelly are all cutsey and all, but I sincerely hope they have serious conversations about their future. Alex and Maggie didn't even discuss having children.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I wasn't necessarily feeling the actual plot and story of the aliens and the prison system, but I did like the dynamics of everyone and Kara doing some investigating. And William managed to snag an interview with Supergirl. I'm kind of hoping Catco fails in its endeavors just because I don't want the name "SuperFriends" to catch on. Was that really the best they could come up with?
    I guess Team Supergirl seemed too derivative.
    I feel like she hasn't...but I wouldn't be surprised if she did.
    Alex and Kelly are all cutsey and all, but I sincerely hope they have serious conversations about their future. Alex and Maggie didn't even discuss having children.
    I'm kind of surprised they're not married yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    She's worn parts of it, but I don't think she's ever worn the whole suit.

Mighty Member

The PSA commercial Supergirl did with Brainy reminded me of the Captain America tv spots from Spiderman Homecoming.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    The PSA commercial Supergirl did with Brainy reminded me of the Captain America tv spots from Spiderman Homecoming.
    I have no doubt that was part of the inspiration.

Btw, I guess I'm evil in that I sided with the people who didn't want lower income housing for criminals in their neighborhood?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I have no doubt that was part of the inspiration.

Btw, I guess I'm evil in that I sided with the people who didn't want lower income housing for criminals in their neighborhood?
    Forget about who is evil or angelic, I just find these political discussions on the show extremely superficial and out of place.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I mean National City can't get a major internet HQ AND find a place for affordable housing? Affordable housing is something every city deals with. Does NC only have this one building?
    And can't one of the biggest internet companies find another building, or build there own?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

I just can't watch the show anymore, I tried the latest episode and the acting was so stiff, stereotypical and just who cares about social issues done as cliches in a superhero show. I'm all for dealing with problems but this is done so pompously and naively.

I've already commented on all the Kryptonians around. So when Kal faced about 6 of them, how about flying in about 30 of them from Argo?

Sigh, what a disappointment. Arrow went out with some dignity. I doubt Supergirl and Legends will.

Naïve is definitely the word for the writers of this show. I mean, do they really think that conservatives are just ignorant and would surely do the right thing if they were just presented with the real people who are suffering? These are people who claim that the parents of the victims at Sandy Hook are "crisis actors!"
    Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member

In today's world would we expect Kara to build a giant plastic bubble and evacuate all the women in Afghanistan to NC? What about her world - no war?

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Naïve is definitely the word for the writers of this show. I mean, do they really think that conservatives are just ignorant and would surely do the right thing if they were just presented with the real people who are suffering? These are people who claim that the parents of the victims at Sandy Hook are "crisis actors!"
    True, but in this case it's not that the big company moving into the building was a bad thing for the people in the neighborhood. It would be a boon to local businesses.
    This wasn't so cut and dry as business/conservatives=bad. And I am a bleeding heart liberal.
    I guess Section 8 housing doesn't exist in National City?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!