Page 358 of 374 FirstFirst ... 258308348354355356357358359360361362368 ... LastLast
Results 5,356 to 5,370 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm trying to remember if they leaned so hard on the magic element for the World Killers in season 3.
    I'm not sure if they really leaned into it, but there were the 3 witches at the end of the season that resurrected Reign and attacked the DEO.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Except that Crisis on Earth-X gave us a fully CGI Red Tornado that actually looked GOOD. S1 of Supergirl gave us a Red Tornado that looked like an actor in red face paint covered in carpet swatches. Guess which one we would have got if they gave us more Red Tornado?
    I also liked how they used Reddy in Freedom Fighters: The Ray.

TV Ray looked like discount Vision.

The totems, whose voice do they hear? What entity controls the totems?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Kelly and Alex are going to be great moms.

Glad they won this one. Nix getting the totem every week would become tedious.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Jesus f*cking Christ, why did they even bother to make Andrea sympathetic last Season, when they are turning her into this Grade-A Bitch this Season? I think I really hate her now. Where are Cat Grant and Snapper Carr when you need 'em?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Jesus f*cking Christ, why did they even bother to make Andrea sympathetic last Season, when they are turning her into this Grade-A Bitch this Season? I think I really hate her now. Where are Cat Grant and Snapper Carr when you need 'em?
    Andrea has had the weirdest character arc on this show. I think it was the episode before Crisis kicked off, and she was revealed to the team to be Acrata, became sympathetic, and helped them stop Leviathan. It was a bit of a redemption arc. Post Crisis- that was all erased, and she was back to being morally grey. And now, yes, she's just a bitch.

This show could lose her (and William), and be better for it.

Watch Melissa Benoist villainous laugh .

Mitch feels like Nyxly's Otis. Will he meet the actual Otis?

I guess revealing Alex is part of the Super Friends is a believable concession considering her costume barely covers her identity and anyone could readily assume it's her.

Superheroes have a really...interesting relationship with the press. Like Kara and Nia are reporters but the team are really strict and limiting to William. Like, is there any issue with revealing Nyxly and her crusade to the totems to the public? How much is too much information for the public? This reminds me of Lois dealing with how much she could reveal about the Kryptonians in Smallville in Superman and Lois.

How does the show want us to view Andrea at this point? I mean, she berates her reporters, forces them to write what she wants, has personally been responsible for tanking CatCo's image and finances, is unwilling to believe in or trust her reporters, threatens their career for not towing her line, and then is absolutely petty and shoves William's desk next to the bathroom because he finally talked back to her. Snapper Carr wasn't the nicest guy but at least he had actual ethics and integrity. I can't believe she was more likeable and sympathetic when she was a murderer Pre-Crisis.

I'm not saying Alex and Kelly can't share a couple moment or Kelly can't show off her wristband that she got from Esme, but...it seemed kind of inappropriate while they're trying to quell a riot.

So is this going to be a theme that the Super Friends make the Totem's effect on people worse before they actually fix it? Because they're 2 for 2 now.

I mean, Nia's boyfriend is the tech guy. Is it any wonder she knows how to do tech stuff? I did like how William had a side-eye at them just casually hacking...I mean, "borrowing" satellites .

William gets an action scene...because...and then he gets beat up by an old lady.

Now Lena has to lecture Kara about not going too far.

None of these people are really in control of their actions, right? So did J'onn really need to drag that guy through the window of the car instead of phasing him out? I know he was endangering a kid, but it wasn't really his fault.

I wonder how emasculating it must be for two top MMA guys to get manhandled by Dreamer?

I don't know what was more contrived. That adoptive mom making the child stay outside to fend off attackers (shouldn't they have known ahead of time what her ability was since she's an alien?) or Guardian and Sentinel turning up like it was their destiny to be Superhero moms. Alex wanting to be a mother hasn't come up in so long that it getting resolved now feels kind of random. It's not like she's talked about it with Kelly any more than she did with Maggie.

So Kara and Nyxly now have one totem each. It would be kind of funny if Kara loses the Hope totem, of all things.

Incredible Member

This was a strange episode. Not in the sense about the content, but it had a very disjointed feel.
    There wasn't a lot of flow either, it just seemed to meander.

The theme once again was magic. Which made Lena front and center.
    I'll be honest that this didn't work very well to me. But I'll put my own perceptions front and center.
    Unless we are talking about Zatanna, it isn't done very well. It just comes across as this simplistic
    exercise. Let me read a few notes from a book: presto problem solved. To the show's credit they
    didn't do it that way, they showed Lena struggling a little. But only for a little while.

The whole William embedded reporter bit made no sense at all. Why on earth would a group of
    superheroes want a reporter following them around? The whole we need the people on our side
    rang hollow. In the modern world if a reporter followed around superheroes the reaction would not be cool, yay
    superheroes, it would be what are we not being told? Plus, don't you think that other news outlets
    would be clamoring for equal coverage? Andrea continues to prove she is no Perry White. Her constant
    criticism was so ridiculous, so over the top that it was like whatever dude. William's mini-rebellion
    was merited, but hard to believe. You are telling me that someone who is all over him, will just back down
    when William lays down the law. Yes, you get everything you want, but I'm moving your desk to just
    outside of the bathroom rang a little silly.

The actress who plays Esme is very cute. But I just wonder where they are going with the Kelly-Alex
    relationship here. They don't get much airtime anyway. Now as they are entering the last few episodes,
    they are suddenly parents. It feels like instead of airtime about the relationship between Kelly and Alex,
    it will now be focused on parenting. Do the people who are writing this have some plan? Because what
    comes across to this viewer is simply throwing a new idea every week about them on the screen. Hoping
    something sticks. I don't like to write that. I find Alex and Kelly appealing characters, but it feels like
    the actress are horribly short changed. Let's be honest here this has been the relationship that feels so
    undeveloped, yet takes the strangest leaps.

The conclusion was not unsatisfying. But to get there we had the obligatory someone lecturing Kara scene.
    What is it about her that everyone on the show feels the need to ream her out every week? This week
    it was Lena's turn. I just would like Kara to be a little like her cousin, Power Girl, telling the next person
    who did this to shut the hell up. I don't know about you, but Kara Zor-L doesn't put up with that crap.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I know the reason is budget but I'm over being cheated out of full on Martian Manhunter.
    At least in public, during fights let me see ole green skin in all his pointy head dome glory.

Super moms to the rescue. Sigh.

Lena is the voice of reason?

Where was Brainy this episode again? Did I miss that explanation?

Sheesh, another 5 totems to go till the end. Suck it up buttercup, we are almost there.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I know the reason is budget but I'm over being cheated out of full on Martian Manhunter.
    At least in public, during fights let me see ole green skin in all his pointy head dome glory.

Sheesh, another 5 totems to go till the end. Suck it up buttercup, we are almost there.
    I hope we see his martian form at least one last time before the show is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

I pointed out elsewhere that brainy and j’onn don’t even seem to be hiding their civilian identities. Is the budget that bad this season?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I haven't quite followed along this season but saw a bunch of stuff on twitter saying they were leaning towards Kara and Lena being a couple and watched a few and....I didn't see any possible thing pointing towards a Legend of Korra style last second swerve or even hinting towards them being a couple or even either of them not being straight. Is this another big fandom thing like Dean and Castiel where the fans are adamantly on one side and the writers have absolutely zero plans on doing it whatsoever? Because on other Arrowverse shows where the writers cave into the fans (coughFelicitycough) they usually telegraph it pretty clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I haven't quite followed along this season but saw a bunch of stuff on twitter saying they were leaning towards Kara and Lena being a couple and watched a few and....I didn't see any possible thing pointing towards a Legend of Korra style last second swerve or even hinting towards them being a couple or even either of them not being straight. Is this another big fandom thing like Dean and Castiel where the fans are adamantly on one side and the writers have absolutely zero plans on doing it whatsoever? Because on other Arrowverse shows where the writers cave into the fans (coughFelicitycough) they usually telegraph it pretty clearly.
    Kara and Lena interacting as friends and talking with each other = Total Endgame Ship in SuperCorp's eyes.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I figured because if the CW were going to make Supergirl openly bi they'd wear it on its sleeve every god damn second they could, like how they've done with Batwoman. Guess then there's gonna be a lot of angry fans come finale time