Page 366 of 374 FirstFirst ... 266316356362363364365366367368369370 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,490 of 5596

I'm not completely convinced Supergirl leaving for the future is the best end to the series. With her leaving Catco and in light of her argument with Alex, I'm wondering if her perfect ending is going public with her identity. It's not as dramatic as her leaving or losing her powers or even dying, but it would close a chapter on her life and it would emphasize how important it is for aliens on Earth to be comfortable in who they are.

As for Kara and Lena, I think the point of their story wasn't to build up romantic tension but to make us question if a Super and a Luthor could learn to trust and rely on each other. The biggest turning point was Lena finding out Supergirl's identity and then the fallout of that. Them remaining friends and Lena proving herself to be on the side of the good guys was a compelling enough story without it ending with them being in a relationship.

Part of me wants Lex's threat to be over for good, the other part wants him to show up on Superman and Lois.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I don't care what anybody says, while he might have been a poor love interest, William developed into a decent character once they dropped that as of this Season. And he died as a solid, upstanding guy.
    I definitely liked William more once he stopped being a potential love interest. He was never my favorite character, but I liked him enough to think he didn't deserve to go out the way he did. It was a sad moment.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    I think that trying to shoehorn Kara in as a reporter, never really worked very well.
    It might have made for more interesting stories if that part of her secret identity could
    have been explored more.
    Supergirl has had so many different career choices, I know many liked the idea of her as a
    scientist. But counseling could have allowed her to explore more National City.
    Her secret identity and whatever career they could have given her suffers tremendously when practically all the supporting characters are superheroes who are aware of her dual identity.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I also feel that's why we got Kara as a reporter. They wanted a Superman feel to the show, so Kara's got to work at a news agency. I actually think that worked during the first season, when she was an assistant to Cat Grant. And maybe, if Cat had stuck around, the subsequent seasons could have been Kara learning directly from Cat, and becoming her apprentice. Instead, we got Snapper- who also quickly vanished
    Cat Grant was one of the best parts of the entire series.

I've said it before, but the biggest problem this show had (other than the writing), was their ability to keep cast members. I don't ever think I've watched a show that had the amount of turnover that Supergirl had. Some of it was unavoidable due to the move to Canada. Others- like the actress who played Astra/Alura in Season 1, who decided they wanted to leave in the middle of the season- you can't cast actors and lock them into a contract?
    And did they get rid of some actors because of political differences? That feels unprofessional.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    FWIW, I like the name "Superfriends" - it obviously is a nod to history while referencing Supergirl as their most prominent member and it's not any other DC team, so I'm glad they didn't give them some other established DC team name.
    As someone who watched Super Friends back in '73 and considered it my favorite Saturday-morning cartoon of my childhood, I have to say I loathe the name in any non-juvenile setting.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    And did they get rid of some actors because of political differences? That feels unprofessional.
    From what I understand they chose not to bring back Dean Cain - so it's not like he was fired.

It looked like William grabbed his phone (was it already recording?), but an instant after he grabbed it, Lex came back in and shot him. Once that happened, he knew he was dead, but he could still get proof that Lex killed him and did several other things, thanks to Lex monologuing.
    From my recollection, William had the phone recording the whole time he had it set up. After he was shot, he was able to grab it and send the recording to Andrea. He has all the proof he needed. I thought at the time I hope he's live streaming rather than simply recording. He might even be alive now had he thought to do that. But y'know, plot needs what the plot needs.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-06-2021 at 08:31 AM.

Cat Grant was one of the best parts of the entire series.

I whole heartedly agree with the first point. I'm actually kind of hoping we get a Cat Grant cameo in the finale where she finally takes back her company and leaves Andrea in ruins.

Dean Cain was only a recurring character, so they just didn't bring him back. Though how they killed his character off finally- and that cameo's faceless cameo in the following episode- were complete dick moves.

But Kevin Sorbo had already said several things against the politics of the show runners when they hired him, so I really don't know how much personal politics played into who the show hired and fired. For all we know, Cain may have just decided not to return.

I whole heartedly agree with the first point. I'm actually kind of hoping we get a Cat Grant cameo in the finale where she finally takes back her company and leaves Andrea in ruins.
    It might be too late for a surprise Calista Flockhart appearance but it would be weird if she wasn't involved with the finale at all.

It seems to me the writers chose to make Andrea so terrible this season specifically so that she could bear the guilt of William's death. I think that will be her comeuppance more than something like Cat coming to ruin her. Although I can see Andrea selling it back to Cat after getting her reporter killed.

Yeah, Andrea honestly lost ALL of the goodwill she gained last Season. She deserves to crash and burn.

I think more people would've enjoyed them killing Andrea than killing William at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think more people would've enjoyed them killing Andrea than killing William at this point.
    I didn't particularly care for William, but I agree with this. She had become a compelling character last season- but then Crisis acted as a reset for her and all of the development was lost. There does need to be a reckoning for her; but with 1 episode left, I don't know if we'll get a satisfying one.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That would've worked for me as well. Though I did mention I feel from a dramatic standpoint killing Kelly would've been even more impactful.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Awesome Cat Grant appearance. I guess people who wanted Kara and Lena to be a romantic couple must be ready to boycott the studio.

I'm not completely convinced Supergirl leaving for the future is the best end to the series. With her leaving Catco and in light of her argument with Alex, I'm wondering if her perfect ending is going public with her identity. It's not as dramatic as her leaving or losing her powers or even dying, but it would close a chapter on her life and it would emphasize how important it is for aliens on Earth to be comfortable in who they are.
    Good call!

I'm actually happy I was wrong. And I'm ecstatic that Cat came back one last time.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Awesome Cat Grant appearance. I guess people who wanted Kara and Lena to be a romantic couple must be ready to boycott the studio.
    Oh, the flames of Twitter are a'roaring right now....

I don't know by accident or by design but it now makes 100 percent sense why Superman and Lois never mentions Clark's cousin Kara given she just outed herself to the world.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I don't know by accident or by design but it now makes 100 percent sense why Superman and Lois never mentions Clark's cousin Kara given she just outed herself to the world.
    She also outed everybody else in her circle, too, which was kind of selfish when you think about it. Of course, people in that universe are kind of dumb, so maybe they will be okay.

BTW, I thought Cat knew her secret identity already.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?