Page 367 of 374 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I don't know by accident or by design but it now makes 100 percent sense why Superman and Lois never mentions Clark's cousin Kara given she just outed herself to the world.
    So how many people actually know that Kara danvers is Clark Kent's cousin?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    She also outed everybody else in her circle, too, which was kind of selfish when you think about it. Of course, people in that universe are kind of dumb, so maybe they will be okay.

BTW, I thought Cat knew her secret identity already.
    I can't remember if Cat ever came out and said it, but it was heavily implied when she came back in Season 2 during the Daxemite invasion that she knew Kara was Supergirl.

I don't think she was selfish by revealing herself. Her biggest fear (shown last season) about revealing herself to the public was that the people she loved would be vulnerable. But look at her circle now- every one of them is a superhero now, including Lena. Hell, even Eliza turned into a pistol-packing-mama (well, shotgun). So at this point, the people she loves will be able to defend themselves if needed. I do hope they acknowledge this on Superman and Lois next season. I can see her keeping away, as them being cousins (as Kara Danvers and Clark Kent) may not be a well-known fact, and she'd want to make sure the boys have some anonymity, but I'd like Clark or Lois to at least mention it.

Also, loved that they finally gave a wink and a nod to Helen Slater's past playing Supergirl.

So Lex is stuck in the Phantom Zone, which is poetic. And leaves open the possibility of a return down the road.

So on Twitter and Instagram, they've managed to piss off both the Kara/Lena shippers as well as the Kara/Mon-El shippers. I saw one calling the writers homophobic, despite the fact that they just gave us a lesbian wedding with a couple that had just adopted a daughter. Personally, I saw this episode as the writers finally closing the door, once and for all, on Mon El. Meanwhile, the adventure continues for Kara- and maybe she does end up with Lena. Choose your own ending.

I did love how they worked Cat back into the story. The whole world is at peace and loving each other; Cat Grant :"I hate people." There were only two bad things about her here- 1. You could tell they probably filmed at her house with a green screen, and she never got to work directly with anyone, and 2. it showed how much less this show has been without her.

I also found it funny that the show ended with a song that would have been featured on Ally McBeal, as Kara was being interviewed- by Ally McBeal.

- Is it me or did this season have Kara take a stand on something then do a complete 180 every other episode? I mean, what was the whole point of the satellite power-up sequence anyway? It wasn't the only time Kara learned the lesson of not trying to gather more power to fight power.
    - The effect of the sad b/w people made me think I was watching a 30-minute anti-depressant commercial - so cheesy.
    - Of course they had to have Kara save the day by making an inspiring speech. Even though she spent most of the season being completely indecisive and uninspiring. But I guess it makes sense in that the arc of this season was "how do privileged white people check themselves and be an ally?"
    - I thought Alex had some rough, cringey lines in that fight - the "no touching without consent" felt like a satire of SJW heroes. And her line to Helen Slater was SO on the nose, I mean why would she say "Only in the movies" other than it being a meta joke?
    - So the resolution to the Brainy storyline is that.... he just changed his mind?? I mean, at least come up with a flimsy deus ex machina excuse or ... something!
    - I liked the ending with Cat and Kara's ultimate decision. It did make sense for the character and the themes of this show. The show had to tell its story, regardless of the Superman show and not be shackled by the shared continuity. Although it makes it almost impossible now to tie this world into the S&L show, but I guess we'll see. Maybe this is why they never mentioned Kara in "S&L" and they were soft-booting the universe or the S&L Superman isn't the Supergirl one, like how the Doom Patrol on "Titans" wasn't the same one in their own show.

Soooo ..... this was a good show that got taken over by social politics and became less as good. Benoist was great and it was still a mostly fun show. If nothing else, it really elevated the profiles of Martian Manhunter and the Legion of Super-heroes. I hope we get to see Kara in her new life at least once before the CWverse folds in on itself. (hopefully on "Flash" - she and Gustin have awesome chemistry)

Incredible Member

I had feelings of real sadness watching the finale. After six years this was it. Supergirlwas
    mostly a disappointment, but I grew attached to the ridiculous characters, life will seem smaller
    without them. Like a William Shakespeare comedy you had a lot of chaos, then the tide goes out,
    everyone is standing straight it has all been resolved.

Most of the involved plot reminded me of those awful Avenger movies I hate. Huge ensemble casts, people
    get a couple of things to do, fights where people get their brief moment of glory then everything moves on in the plot.
    I wanted in the last Supergirl episode ever to see a final confrontation between Supergirl and Luthor, but that felt
    muted. I didn't get the super powered by the sun story either. Yes, this is a great plan, let's make it so we can't grow
    any food. I did get very pissed off by the whole the superhero from within is in all of you, the people of Earth never needed
    to be rescued. Great we got a shout out to the plot of Wizards of Oz where at the end Dorothy clicks her heels
    together. That it seems is the difference between the Superman and Batman family. Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson would never
    believe that what they do is somehow superfluous, they understand they are the apex predator who keeps their cities safe. How well
    would Gotham City survive without Batman beating down on the Joker? Instead, they always want to be the first through the door. But in the
    Superman family world occasionally they get lost in being overly philosophical. The world needs heroes. We live in a planet that is very
    screwed up. Don't tell me we don't need heroes, we have the power inside all along, it is a lot of crap. I'm not getting that exercised about the
    last 10 minutes where Kara gave up her secret identity. It was just something to do. I'm sure this is how it went down in the writers room:
    Writer: Damn, we are 10 minutes short. What else we got?
    Writer #2: I know let's have her reveal her identity.

It is not the kind of thing that you can take very seriously. I mean they had six years to do the "reveal," but they are going to wait until the
    last ten minutes of a 2 hour finale?

No one has mentioned the wedding. I thought it was sweet, that it offered an opportunity for it to be old home week. I did wonder if Supergirl
    and Mon-El were going to fly off into the sunset, but mostly he was there for the ensemble scenes. Things worked out as I expected between
    Supergirl and Lena. That was never going to happen.

The wedding vows were truly awful. But they are always truly awful. If anyone is thinking of getting married, just go with the traditional wedding vows. Don't
    force people to listen to your love poem that you put together at the last minute.

I was happy that Brainy and Dreamer resolved their problems. Yes, it made no sense, but the course of true love never runs smooth. The nearly final
    scene where everyone toasts was sweet. It felt contrived, but I'm going to give the show that at least. They never gave us great TV, they went
    with corny and campy every time, but it was never boring.
    Last edited by RobinGA; 11-10-2021 at 09:41 AM.

The thing with the reveal is that it kinda felt like a cliffhanger for the next season. I would be interested in a season seeing how an out and proud Kara lives as both Kara and Supergirl, without having to hide either side. But short of a tv movie, or a guest spot on another show, that's a story we won't get.

And guys, Superman and Lois do exist in the same universe as Supergirl. Superman was fighting the Anti-Monitor on Earth Prime with the rest of the heroes in the final episode of Crisis. Just accept the fact that, due to the pandemic, they weren't able to do any crossovers, and that any mentions of Kara were cut for time (like several scenes in the finale of Supergirl were cut for time, apparently, that people are pissed about).

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    The thing with the reveal is that it kinda felt like a cliffhanger for the next season. I would be interested in a season seeing how an out and proud Kara lives as both Kara and Supergirl, without having to hide either side. But short of a tv movie, or a guest spot on another show, that's a story we won't get.
    That's okay by me.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    The wedding vows were truly awful. But they are always truly awful. If anyone is thinking of getting married, just go with the traditional wedding vows. Don't
    force people to listen to your love poem that you put together at the last minute.
    Yeah, I would rather the couple sang a song instead of the cringeworthy vows myself.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I don't think she was selfish by revealing herself. Her biggest fear (shown last season) about revealing herself to the public was that the people she loved would be vulnerable. But look at her circle now- every one of them is a superhero now, including Lena. Hell, even Eliza turned into a pistol-packing-mama (well, shotgun). So at this point, the people she loves will be able to defend themselves if needed. I do hope they acknowledge this on Superman and Lois next season. I can see her keeping away, as them being cousins (as Kara Danvers and Clark Kent) may not be a well-known fact, and she'd want to make sure the boys have some anonymity, but I'd like Clark or Lois to at least mention it.
    Anybody without powers (like Kara's mother) would now be vulnerable to reprisals or could be used as leverage to make Kara do his or her bidding. Anybody with powers and a secret identity who mingled with Kara out of uniform could now be fingered as a superhero (like her cousin). Now I know it's fashionable to assert that secret identities are silly, but they really aren't when you think about it.

Yeah, I would rather the couple sang a song instead of the cringeworthy vows myself.
    I thought that was super indulgent and really went on. J'onn, Kelly then Alex - three speeches in a row? (nevermind the other speeches in the finale) Only if these were the main characters and we had been following them for all six seasons would that be justified.

Incredible Member

Speeches are the Supergirl motif. But yes it went on way too long.

This was the ending of the series. So you don't need to worry about reprisals. Now in the real world
    if you did this everyone you were related to would be paparazzi fodder, harassed by the media,
    along with being a target.

I doubt we will see this theme picked up in Superman and Lois it has come across as they were
    living in different planets. I suppose they could pick this up as a theme if they wanted to, but I suspect
    they won't.

On the plus side, we know that both Kara and Alex have an income again

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Supergirl - Series Finale 2hr extravaganza!!

* Wrapped up the 7 Stones in fairly quick manner. By the second commercial break Lex and Nyxly are in the Phantom Zone and there is still 30+minutes of show to go. I could not tell who Lena was fighting.
    We had evil Red Tornado, Metallo and Parasite, those I'm fairly certain I got right. Nice nods through the years although I still wanted a reformed Reddy on our side but I digress. The tounge in cheek comment about their mom being a Kryptonian was funny...but only in the movies!

* All the talk about Big Brain, preserving the timeline and yet without any explanation in-universe there sits Brainy at the end, in the 21st century.

* The quick trio table moment with Kara, Jimmy and Winn was nice if short

* Cat Grants dual scenes were fantastic as always! Of course she knew. As another said, pretty sure she winked it away in S2 that she was wise to it.

* The wedding vows were cringe worthy. But I admit I've never bought into them as genuine. The writers never sold that to me, it was more like what they are doing on Batwoman. Just thrust the two together because they are there.

* Kara outing herself....hmmm, mixed feelings on that one. My take on the "Supers" is that living life as a human, doing mundane human tasks is what helps ground them. Probably true for most "metas" but I always see it that way for the ones with near infinite power like Kryptonians possess. It will raise the question of where she is during the 5-part Flash crossover where we get Alex as the shows rep. Blah.

* Lena's dark eyeliner, lipstick & slick backed hair....is that wardrobe leaning into the "goth witch" cliche? It was not a good look for her.

I'm glad the show is over. Glad I stuck it out but it had become long in the tooth for the last couple of seasons anyway.
    I just hope Flash improves this year, it also has been in a rut. If not let it go CW. Legends in 1925 isn't any better either. Where is the tooth fairy when you need one??

The Arrowverse future should, at this point, just be:
    Stargirl
    Superman & Lois
    Naomi

...but its not.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Yes that is right next week we are back with Flash.

Another DC show with its problems.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    Yes that is right next week we are back with Flash.

Another DC show with its problems.
    The problems there weren't nearly as plentiful or big as with Supergirl. It even seemed to get itself back on track after ending the pre-pandemic storyline, IMO. But it's getting old so we shall see.

The problems there weren't nearly as plentiful or big as with Supergirl. It even seemed to get itself back on track after ending the pre-pandemic storyline, IMO. But it's getting old so we shall see.
    In March, maybe. For Flash this year, we get the crossover, and then the show goes into hiatus until March.