Page 368 of 374 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368369370371372 ... LastLast
Results 5,506 to 5,520 of 5596

Alright, so between Black Lightning and Supergirl, Kara definitely got the better series finale out of the two this year. A lot of emotional scenes and call backs, a decent ending for every character. Still, it doesn't feel as definitive as it could've been, from a story viewpoint, there could easily have been another Season after this.

It was a fun 6 years, and Kara definitely proved that the good old Season 4 curse for the Arrowverse doesn't always have to be true (Season 4 is still by far the best Season, in my opinion). I just hope Superman & Lois will finally have some time to let Supergirl's cast member appear there from time to time, or at least acknowledge them. It would be a big loss if Alex appearing in Armageddon would be the last we ever heard from this fun bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    ... I just hope Superman & Lois will finally have some time to let Supergirl's cast member appear there from time to time, or at least acknowledge them. It would be a big loss if Alex appearing in Armageddon would be the last we ever heard from this fun bunch.
    When S&L get around to doing a proper Brainiac storyline, it'd be great for Brainiac-5 to pop in and help out.

How did Andrea know where the Tower was?

Bringing it full circle with the Omegahedron.

Are Imps actually aliens? Like, they're from an entirely different dimension and plane of existence. I don't think they're actually aliens. Felt like a weird thing for Lillian to harp on.

It feels like the show could never commit to one direction for Nyxly. Is she a megalomaniacal, hammy, villain? Or a noble crusader turned bitter but who still has a heart? And are we just going to ignore the fact that her endgoal was still to depose a cruel tyrant in the 5th Dimension who, from the sounds of it, is still in power? Who knows.

Did Lex really love Nyxly? Was this all another power grab? Did Lex's own methods just doom the relationship even if his intentions were true? The show never seemed quite sure to the end, and even their conflict in this episode didn't really matter when they ended up teaming-up to fight the heroes anyways. Is their time in the Phantom Zone going to lead to their future romance? I never quite understood that plotline.

I like Esme but it feels like she's mostly been around to just cause drama between Kara and Alex. And, honestly, ever since she's shown up it's felt a little more like the Alex and Kelly show and not a show about Supergirl. I guess Alex is the co-lead so it's important to feature her happy ending, but it felt like Kara became secondary to all the focus on Alex and Kelly's relationship and their wedding in the second half. And Kara was always in the wrong when it came to their emotional conflicts.

Brainy finally brings out his Bendis comic crown out of seemingly nowhere to help the plot. Also, is that the first time he's said "Long Live the Legion?"

It would've been cool if that statue of the fates looked like the fates from Legends of Tomorrow, complete with a Maisie Richardson-Sellers statue.

Why does Supergirl keep making unilateral decisions that potentially endanger all of humanity without asking for permission or seriously considering the consequences? It seems like she's been doing it for most of this season and there's never been any fallout from it. Like, even when it seems like everyone turns on Supergirl here, after her speech it's all hunky dory.

In the time it took Kara to realize she didn't want to go through with the sun charging, the seconds to where it would've happened and potentially endanger the Earth and millions of people would have probably ran out. I morbidly want to see what super-charged Supergirl who was, somehow, immune to magic would've been like. Heaven forbid Supergirl be the strongest on her own show.

Everyone fighting for the Allstone like it's the Infinity Gauntlet, although it was kind of fun. Then a little girl just smashes it.

Out of all the ways I expected Lillian to die, taking a hit for Lex was not one of them. And it seemed to actually upset him. Not to mention Lillian finally got to make peace with Lena and Lena got the closure she's always needed with her family. Although the stuff about Lillian limiting her magic with random wards around their house was a bit much. I will never really jive with magic Lena and her random spells. Also Lillian dying off-screen like she's Quentin Lance.

Why did Nyxly and Lex turn into monsters? They never explained that. Like, Lex turned into the very thing he hated, but he doesn't care because suddenly he and Nyxly are fighting like Metas. Why?

Oh look, here's that minor character who appeared a few episodes ago and is suddenly inspiring people more than Supergirl is! Because Supergirl can't inspire herself, she needs to be inspired by this character who has only been in the show for, like, 2-3 episodes and seems better at rallying people than she is.

I guess it wouldn't have been a proper finale without one Supergirl speech but this just felt like they needed a speech to somehow save the day and not one of her best. In my opinion at least.

Lex summons the Supergirl Revenge Squad of Overgirl, Red Tornado (sorry Reddy), Metallo, and Parasite. I feel like Reign would've been a better and more poignant choice than Overgirl but I guess a stunt double in a mask was more feasible than getting Sam's actress back.

"Don't touch me without my consent." What. Why? I just....why?

Why was Martian Manhunter, the guy with a weakness against fire, stuck fighting the dragon? I feel like this has happened before.

Jimmy is still talking in that gravely Batman voice as Guardian even though everyone knows its him under that mask. And now he still has his MK facial hair.

Critics of Mon-El will probably decry the fact that he saved Kara from Luthor, but on the other hand they put a pretty firm "no" on her and Mon-El ever getting back together with him saying he'll never see her again (and he won't come back to the wedding even though Winn and Brainy do). But it still seems like they care about each other. Well, I guess it's nice for Melissa that she got to be with her husband on set for a bit.

The only thing Acrata does is save Lena from Lex, which on some level brings Andrea's character full-circle but is also basically the only thing she does.

Eliza shows up out of nowhere with a shotgun and for a contrived joke about her being the original live-action Supergirl. I guess they just had to fit that in there.

I guess Mitch is a good guy now considering he was standing around with everybody against Nyxly and Lex. Even though he helped them get the stones and has committed, like, a dozen crimes. And then we never see him again.

On some level it makes sense that Lex and Nyxly ended up taking each other out, but...Supergirl basically did nothing. The Super Friends all stand around heroically and imposingly and do nothing. And the Phantoms don't just attack everybody for...some reason. Supergirl doesn't overcome her trauma over the Phantoms that they basically dropped.

I guess if we ever see Lex again (presumably in a future season of Superman and Lois) it will be when they address the Phantom Zone. If continuity ever matters again. Although maybe Lex's butler will help free him. Actually, what happened to Otis?

It was kind of weird to see everybody at William's funeral when some of them had, like, no interaction with him. Also, does Andrea know Kara is Supergirl now? Kara's talking like she does.

When I saw Calista Flockhart's name in the credits, I smiled. You really couldn't have done this finale without Cat Grant. The show hasn't been the same without her. And even if she couldn't actually film with everybody, they made the most out of what they were able to do with her in my opinion.

Restoring the status quo of the DEO with J'onn and Alex and Cat buying back CatCo. The only thing missing is Cat telling off Andrea for how terrible she is.

Couldn't have Melissa and Jeremy in the same episode together without a musical duet.

So Brainy takes a page from the Legends and just says "screw the future" so he can be with Nia. On the one hand, I'm glad Brainy and Nia got their happy ending, but wasn't the future in immediate and major danger if Brainy didn't do what he was supposed to do? And he bailed on that for a girl? I mean, Nia's amazing and I can't completely blame him, but it seemed kind of lax with no justification for it beyond Brainy loving Nia more than he loves his own time. I kind of wish we had gotten to see future Dream Girl at least once.

OG!Super Friends with Kara, Jimmy, and Winn. Man, those were the days...

I still don't quite understand J'onn's powers on the show. So he can do a psi-shield and...write stuff in the sky with his mind powers? Could he always do that?

It always comes back to their dead dad for these Olsen siblings, doesn't it?

Wasn't Maggie the one who helped Alex come out and be honest with herself? I guess you can't really bring up your ex in your wedding vows/speech. This reminds me of Sara kind of just forgetting about Nyssa as Legends went along.

J'onn and M'Gann having a future son is a good way of mentioning M'Gann even though she's a no-show in the finale, and is kind of funny thinking they'll have a half-white, half-green, martian kid considering YJ!M'Gann is J'onn's niece and is also half of both Martian races.

With all due respect to SuperCorp fans, I'm glad the series stayed true to Kara and Lena's friendship. Though I admit there were times I felt they might swerve in the other direction during their talk.

Kara revealing her identity...I dunno. I can understand why they wanted end it on this on some level, but Kara had spent so much time doing stuff as Kara Danvers, building a life as Kara Danvers, and she had achieved so much as Kara Danvers that she wouldn't have as Supergirl...and that was her being cowardly? I mean, I get embracing your true self to the world, but I thought being Kara Danvers just offered her some normalcy and let her mingle with people as a human instead of an alien 100% of the time. I feel like Kara is past the point where she would be having problems like this. And apparently the 100th episode saying that Kara's secret identity getting exposed has grave implications, here it's just treated as not a big deal.What about Nia and Kelly's secret identities? Are they coming out too?

And, like, won't Kara's journalistic integrity and ethics come into question with the revelation she was secretly an alien the whole time and used herself as a source for her articles? Won't people be wondering, if Supergirl had a secret identity, whether Superman does as well? Whom the finale never even mentioned once? I guess this is another reason they won't mention cousin Kara...

I'm also kind of surprised they didn't try to write Kara out of the Arrowverse considering we probably won't be seeing her in crossovers or guest appearances for a long while, and there will always be the question of where Kara is during world-ending stuff or events that would be relevant to another Kryptonion like the plot of Superman and Lois.

And I mean...is Clark exempt because he has a family to protect and they're not all Superheroes like everyone Kara knows at this point? Because Lena's literally the only one of her friends without a costume at this point, and she may as well have one.

All that being said...I'm glad Kara got her happy ending and got to smile at the end to the audience. She deserved that much.

Incredible Member

People are mentioning frequently what about this problem? How do they resolve that?
    When the reality is that these shows frequently are self-contained units. Melissa Benoist
    turned out the lights, we won't see her in these settings again.

If Luthor shows up again, we won't get any explanation for how he escaped. It will be like
    it never happened. It will frustrate the hell out of DC fans, but you will just have to live with
    it.

Thoughts on the Finale of Supergirl (spoilers follow)
    1. This is end of Season 6 and I haven't watched this show since Season 3 at all.

2. I forgot how cheap most CW shows look like, especially with the costuming and SFX.

3. Feels like the first part of this two-parter's story was an extremely low-rent ripoff of Marvel's Infinity Saga (with totems and Allstones replacing Infinity Gems and Gauntlets).

4. Still Preachy and Ham-Fisted AF.

5. Jon Cryer's Lex Luthor is good, but prime Lex should never fall in love.

6. Lots of callbacks including Callista Flockhart briefly returning as Cat Grant.

7. Supergirl seems too often just stymied by everything.

8. So, was Kara and Lena interactions kind of sorta "queerbaiting" with no payoff?

9. That's it? No future with Mon-El and the LOSH, just revealing her secret identity in a televised interview with Cat Grant?

10. No mention of Superman And Lois. These two shows always were on different Earths with different timeliness.

Bottom line: underwhelming. 3/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Lex summons the Supergirl Revenge Squad of Overgirl, Red Tornado (sorry Reddy), Metallo, and Parasite. I feel like Reign would've been a better and more poignant choice than Overgirl but I guess a stunt double in a mask was more feasible than getting Sam's actress back.

"Don't touch me without my consent." What. Why? I just....why?

Eliza shows up out of nowhere with a shotgun and for a contrived joke about her being the original live-action Supergirl. I guess they just had to fit that in there.

It was kind of weird to see everybody at William's funeral when some of them had, like, no interaction with him. Also, does Andrea know Kara is Supergirl now? Kara's talking like she does.

So Brainy takes a page from the Legends and just says "screw the future" so he can be with Nia. On the one hand, I'm glad Brainy and Nia got their happy ending, but wasn't the future in immediate and major danger if Brainy didn't do what he was supposed to do? And he bailed on that for a girl? I mean, Nia's amazing and I can't completely blame him, but it seemed kind of lax with no justification for it beyond Brainy loving Nia more than he loves his own time. I kind of wish we had gotten to see future Dream Girl at least once.

With all due respect to SuperCorp fans, I'm glad the series stayed true to Kara and Lena's friendship. Though I admit there were times I felt they might swerve in the other direction during their talk.

Kara revealing her identity...I dunno. I can understand why they wanted end it on this on some level, but Kara had spent so much time doing stuff as Kara Danvers, building a life as Kara Danvers, and she had achieved so much as Kara Danvers that she wouldn't have as Supergirl...and that was her being cowardly? I mean, I get embracing your true self to the world, but I thought being Kara Danvers just offered her some normalcy and let her mingle with people as a human instead of an alien 100% of the time. I feel like Kara is past the point where she would be having problems like this. And apparently the 100th episode saying that Kara's secret identity getting exposed has grave implications, here it's just treated as not a big deal.What about Nia and Kelly's secret identities? Are they coming out too?

And, like, won't Kara's journalistic integrity and ethics come into question with the revelation she was secretly an alien the whole time and used herself as a source for her articles? Won't people be wondering, if Supergirl had a secret identity, whether Superman does as well? Whom the finale never even mentioned once? I guess this is another reason they won't mention cousin Kara...

I'm also kind of surprised they didn't try to write Kara out of the Arrowverse considering we probably won't be seeing her in crossovers or guest appearances for a long while, and there will always be the question of where Kara is during world-ending stuff or events that would be relevant to another Kryptonion like the plot of Superman and Lois.

And I mean...is Clark exempt because he has a family to protect and they're not all Superheroes like everyone Kara knows at this point? Because Lena's literally the only one of her friends without a costume at this point, and she may as well have one.

All that being said...I'm glad Kara got her happy ending and got to smile at the end to the audience. She deserved that much.

You know, it amazes me that Red Tornado has looked so good on the CW, with a smaller budget, than he did on CBS, with a larger budget.

Okay, the consent line was cringy, but dammit I liked the wink and nod to the Supergirl movie!

I found it odd that Mon El and Winn were at the funeral of someone they never met, but only Winn came back for the wedding of someone they both knew and respected. Then again, Mon El had JUST said he would be too busy with Legion business to come back, so it makes sense he didn't come back for the wedding.

Brainy said 'The future isn't written.', which I took to mean what he said earlier about the future being in jeopardy if he didn't merge with the Big Brain was wrong, and that another way of saving it would present itself in the future. That being said, I wish they had given a cleaner reason why he decided he could not do it and come back. Like the fact that he carries other Brainy's in his mind- one of them could have sacrificed themselves. And yeah, kind of wish Nura had come back as well for a visit.

I took this as Lena was learning to be her best self, and now Kara was going to learn how to live as one person. And maybe, down the road, when they are more settled into themselves, they can get together.

I was also thinking about the 100th episode. And I think things were different now. At this point, all of her friends were heroes and could handle themselves in a fight, so she can trust they would be relatively safe if she revealed her identity. And I don't think the world at large knows that Clark and Kara are cousins, just that Supergirl and Superman are cousins. I think there is enough of a barrier that it wouldn't affect them- though I suppose she can't just pop over for a visit now without giving up the ghost.

As for her and journalism- this just happened in the comics, where Clark revealed his identity, and Perry was forced to fire him. But I think that was because he was writing stories about himself as Superman; I'm not sure Kara ever wrote stories about Supergirl, just about the issues Supergirl was dealing with at the time.

The reason I was expecting her to go to the future, was because it was a sure-fire way to keep her out of the crossovers. But I suppose that Melissa is open to coming back for a cameo or two (schedule permitting), which is promising. I'd love to see her one more time on The Flash, at least. In the meantime, she can be a character in the background; often being mentioned, but never being seen.

I did love that smile. It felt like it was Melissa smiling and being content with the journey and how it ended.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    If Luthor shows up again, we won't get any explanation for how he escaped. It will be like
    it never happened. It will frustrate the hell out of DC fans, but you will just have to live with
    it.
    They wrote Lex out this way for the express purpose that they could bring him back in other shows in the future. If they do, we'll probably get a mention of how he escaped.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    10. No mention of Superman And Lois. These two shows always were on different Earths with different timeliness.
    Sigh. They aren't on different earths. Supergirl and Superman fought the Anti-Monitor together in the final episode of Crisis- he was shown that they were all on Earth Prime. Diggle has been on Superman and Lois. Just because they don't mention each other, doesn't mean they are on different earths. I mean, she could have used Barry's help several times this season, and she never mentioned him.

That being said, we really don't know where the two shows are chronologically. The timelines between all of these shows got messed up due to Covid. So all of this could have happened before Superman and Lois even started, or concurrently (in which case Clark was kinda busy himself).

I thought they were being pretty shameless ripping off Avengers with the totems and even using the term "gauntlet" all over the place. Then they even went with the "villain(s) being done in by their own demonic minions because they're attracted to fear" finale from Josstice League.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Sigh. They aren't on different earths. Supergirl and Superman fought the Anti-Monitor together in the final episode of Crisis- he was shown that they were all on Earth Prime. Diggle has been on Superman and Lois. Just because they don't mention each other, doesn't mean they are on different earths. I mean, she could have used Barry's help several times this season, and she never mentioned him.

That being said, we really don't know where the two shows are chronologically. The timelines between all of these shows got messed up due to Covid. So all of this could have happened before Superman and Lois even started, or concurrently (in which case Clark was kinda busy himself).
    They're supposed to be on the same earth, but they're not being treated that way. It's not the same as them not calling Barry for help - Kara and Clark are family, with a shared history. And when the main storyline in S&L is all about Kryptonians invading earth and when the written lines refer to Clark as the only Kryptonian on earth, it demonstrates a possible unofficial CW policy that they're not meant to be connected anymore. Kara coming out should have ripples in S&L whereas I wouldn't expect it to affect any of the other shows. We'll see if they chose to deal with it. Personally, I'm okay if they decide to never mention Kara, but I'd be a bit bummed since the shared universe stuff is still fun.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-10-2021 at 08:41 PM.

You know, it amazes me that Red Tornado has looked so good on the CW, with a smaller budget, than he did on CBS, with a larger budget.
    CG Reddy was pretty good.
    Okay, the consent line was cringy, but dammit I liked the wink and nod to the Supergirl movie!
    In-spite of myself, I did too.
    I found it odd that Mon El and Winn were at the funeral of someone they never met, but only Winn came back for the wedding of someone they both knew and respected. Then again, Mon El had JUST said he would be too busy with Legion business to come back, so it makes sense he didn't come back for the wedding.
    I guess he really is the Superman of that time period.
    Brainy said 'The future isn't written.', which I took to mean what he said earlier about the future being in jeopardy if he didn't merge with the Big Brain was wrong, and that another way of saving it would present itself in the future. That being said, I wish they had given a cleaner reason why he decided he could not do it and come back. Like the fact that he carries other Brainy's in his mind- one of them could have sacrificed themselves. And yeah, kind of wish Nura had come back as well for a visit.
    They didn't really go into it that much. If they hadn't made it sound so grave and dangerous I probably wouldn't even think twice about it.
    I took this as Lena was learning to be her best self, and now Kara was going to learn how to live as one person. And maybe, down the road, when they are more settled into themselves, they can get together.
    Shippers gonna ship .
    I was also thinking about the 100th episode. And I think things were different now. At this point, all of her friends were heroes and could handle themselves in a fight, so she can trust they would be relatively safe if she revealed her identity. And I don't think the world at large knows that Clark and Kara are cousins, just that Supergirl and Superman are cousins. I think there is enough of a barrier that it wouldn't affect them- though I suppose she can't just pop over for a visit now without giving up the ghost.
    I guess that's one benefit to everyone in your personal life and family having superpowers and costumes. It's ridiculous, but nevertheless...
    As for her and journalism- this just happened in the comics, where Clark revealed his identity, and Perry was forced to fire him. But I think that was because he was writing stories about himself as Superman; I'm not sure Kara ever wrote stories about Supergirl, just about the issues Supergirl was dealing with at the time.
    I swear she's quoted herself, but I'm not sure if there's concrete evidence.

CGI Reddy does look good, but to be fair he didn't have to do much on the CW other than fly around whilst surrounded by swirling air which covers a lot. On CBS the character had to interact a lot more with others and be on camera for longer shots and closer up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Shippers gonna ship .
    As with most things, I'm sure it's just a small disgruntled minority, but some 'shippers have gone from enjoying wishful thinking to demanding that their wishes *are* canon. (the whole "Diggle as GL" thing started feeling like that too) I understand some complaints about "queerbaiting" but I think the writers also wanted to give those fans some of what they wanted while sticking to the story they wanted to tell. SuperCorps originally started as a play on the Clark/Lex relationship - where they were best friends turned enemies because of lies and anger and family. They were always meant to become close so the audience would be worried if the Clark/Lex dynamic would repeat itself. I can see how 'shippers saw what they saw, but there was a non baiting reason for making those two very close for the story they wanted to tell, which is that the Endgame for Kara wasn't finding a relationship with another person - it was about coming into her own as a whole person.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-11-2021 at 08:54 AM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Given the ending, I think the only way to make this work is to have S&L ignore the rest of the Arrowverse and treat it like it's own universe. If someone like Flash wants to guest star, it would have to be interpreted as that universes Flash or something. I don't see how they protect Clark with her coming out like that. Or say that Supergirl took place on an Earth 38 analogue or something.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    CGI Reddy does look good, but to be fair he didn't have to do much on the CW other than fly around whilst surrounded by swirling air which covers a lot. On CBS the character had to interact a lot more with others and be on camera for longer shots and closer up.
    As cheap as he looked, I wish we could've seen heroic Red Tornado in the cast.
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Given the ending, I think the only way to make this work is to have S&L ignore the rest of the Arrowverse and treat it like it's own universe. If someone like Flash wants to guest star, it would have to be interpreted as that universes Flash or something. I don't see how they protect Clark with her coming out like that. Or say that Supergirl took place on an Earth 38 analogue or something.
    I think Supergirl will definitely be the one show they are likely not to reference any time soon.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

There's two potential explanations I can think of for what happened here.

1) They got some sort of instructions from the network that they could do their own thing and S&L would follow their lead and that just didn't happen.

2) They knew it was the last season and just didn't give a fuck. This seems the most plausible to me.
    Assassinate Putin!

Would we buy it if it's revealed in a simple line of dialogue in S&L that Kara gave Clark a head's up and General Lane or Argus used government resources to scrub all records of Kara and Clark being related before the announcement? I imagine they were already on the d/l somewhat since Clark was Superman when Kara showed up so there were likely already some protections in place from the get-go and they didn't tell too many people.

That or Superman flew around giving a ton of people "amnesia kisses" in the middle of the night.