Page 370 of 374 FirstFirst ... 270320360366367368369370371372373374 LastLast
Results 5,536 to 5,550 of 5596

And now in a bizarre twist-

Apparently, they did film a kiss between Lena and Kara, and there are pics to prove it (if they are genuine, which I think they are) Meaning, for some reason, they decided to piss off two different shipping fandoms in one episode.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

Apparently, they did film a kiss between Lena and Kara, and there are pics to prove it (if they are genuine, which I think they are) Meaning, for some reason, they decided to piss off two different shipping fandoms in one episode.
    I've seen differing accounts as to whether this is real or not.

I'm not sure if they'll officially confirm it though because it would be a bad PR move.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've seen differing accounts as to whether this is real or not.

I'm not sure if they'll officially confirm it though because it would be a bad PR move.
    Yeah, if they actually did that, nobody would be happy.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yeah, if they actually did that, nobody would be happy.
    Too late

Incredible Member

Good thing the bad guys were able to beat themselves in the end (although Supergirl still took credit for "beating" Lex and Nyxly). LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Good thing the bad guys were able to beat themselves in the end (although Supergirl still took credit for "beating" Lex and Nyxly). LOL!!
    Yeah, way to go Supergirl! Doing nothing and still winning in the end .

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Too late
    Only if it's real, which is still up in the air.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    My guess is they had this ending in mind from day one. Long before they decided to merge the two Earths and give Superman his own show. And they were determined to do this.
    My guess is the opposite. They read about the reveal in Bendis Supes run and kinda wanted it to squeeze in no matter what last minute which why it (IMHO) feels like exactly that.

Considering their chemistry it does feel right. Too bad they cut it.
    Last edited by The_Lurk; 11-11-2021 at 10:10 PM.

So that was the finale. Well, I wanted a more emotional ending than an action-packed one. The Supergirl Revenge Squad was cool, as was other heroes coming in to help, but it's not like it was the fight to end all fights. Also, how was Lex holding his own against Sentinel and Guardian? Alex alone could've mopped the floor with him. I'm glad they took more time with the wedding. Best part of the episode for me may have been Kara and Winn singing "We Belong".

Characters I would've liked to see (especially if this was the last appearance of Supergirl ever)...Alura, Zor-El, M'Gann, Otis, Superman, and Kate Kane (but not Flash since apparently Barry and Iris are wedding jinxes). But Cat Grant is worth all of them combined. Her appearance was great, and it works even when you know they had limited access to Callista. Okay, that was the best part of the episode for me.

Happy endings all around. Lena reconciling with Lillian, Alex and Kelly flying off into the sunset Grease-style, a new DEO, Dreamer has an LGBT center, and a plaza is dedicated to William. The only thing I didn't like was Brainy's conclusion. Maybe I'd be happier if he spouted off some random calculations about the future and that staying with Nia wouldn't doom the future for certain and that there's an 83% chance that heroes would be able to save it.

Good call!

I'm actually happy I was wrong. And I'm ecstatic that Cat came back one last time.
    I was right about the identity reveal but for the wrong reasons. I thought her leaving her job at CatCo was what would allow Kara to say she's Supergirl and will advocate for aliens on Earth and convince them not to hide. Kara being CatCo Editor feels right, though. I think the reason the identity reveal works now is because the world is different. People are kinder and more cooperative, and Supergirl doesn't feel the need to constantly step in as some heroic savior figure (that's what the bit with the cat in the tree was supposed to be). Now that Supergirl doesn't feel she has to live apart from mankind, she can live closer and more connected to it than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    BTW, I thought Cat knew her secret identity already.
    Cat knew Supergirl's identity, but Kara didn't know that Cat knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    * The quick trio table moment with Kara, Jimmy and Winn was nice if short.
    Loved that scene. Jimmy and Kelly was nice, but Jimmy with Kara and Winn? Felt pretty damn good.

It feels like the show could never commit to one direction for Nyxly. Is she a megalomaniacal, hammy, villain? Or a noble crusader turned bitter but who still has a heart? And are we just going to ignore the fact that her endgoal was still to depose a cruel tyrant in the 5th Dimension who, from the sounds of it, is still in power? Who knows.

Did Lex really love Nyxly? Was this all another power grab? Did Lex's own methods just doom the relationship even if his intentions were true? The show never seemed quite sure to the end, and even their conflict in this episode didn't really matter when they ended up teaming-up to fight the heroes anyways. Is their time in the Phantom Zone going to lead to their future romance? I never quite understood that plotline.
    That was confusing. I think they did want us to sympathize with Nyxly, who had a soft spot for children. It also felt like in the end, Lex proved he would betray Nxyly, but the truth totem previously established that he really does love her?

Brainy finally brings out his Bendis comic crown out of seemingly nowhere to help the plot. Also, is that the first time he's said "Long Live the Legion?"
    I think it was in Jesse Rath's first episode as a series regular where he shouts "Long Live the Legion!" while working alongside the DEO.

On some level it makes sense that Lex and Nyxly ended up taking each other out, but...Supergirl basically did nothing. The Super Friends all stand around heroically and imposingly and do nothing. And the Phantoms don't just attack everybody for...some reason.
    I think the idea was that Lex and Nyxly were the people filled with the most fear there, they only hid it behind their arrogance.

I still don't quite understand J'onn's powers on the show. So he can do a psi-shield and...write stuff in the sky with his mind powers? Could he always do that?
    Maybe he used his Martian vision to write flaming letters in the sky like the Human Torch.

I also think we can't underscore how COVID changed their initial plans. In season 1 of Superman and Lois, there was supposed to be a crossover with Batwoman, of all people. But then COVID shut everything down, and the situation with Ruby Rose happened, and the producers decided to scrap all crossovers last season. And the most we got was Diggle popping into all of the shows.

There is also the fact that Superman and Lois's first season aired right in the middle of Supergirl's final season, so we don't know exactly when the events of that show happened in relation to the other shows. It could be Clark decided to remodel the Fortress after Kara was lost to the Phantom Zone (or more likely they didn't have access to the sets due to COVID protocols).
    Doesn't Diggle popping up establish something of a chronology?

I'm morbidly curious how they would have established Supergirl if she had been on the same Earth as The Flash from the start, but considering it was coming in the same season they were going full board on the Multiverse, they might have gone the AU route anyways.
    I'm curious too. It's possible they couldn't include Superman having been established for so long. Arrow didn't have public heroes, and on Flash, they believed metahumans could only come from the particle accelerator.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post

Happy endings all around. Lena reconciling with Lillian, Alex and Kelly flying off into the sunset Grease-style, a new DEO, Dreamer has an LGBT center, and a plaza is dedicated to William. The only thing I didn't like was Brainy's conclusion. Maybe I'd be happier if he spouted off some random calculations about the future and that staying with Nia wouldn't doom the future for certain and that there's an 83% chance that heroes would be able to save it.
    I agree, that was a pointless storyline and ending.

And what was the point of Mon-el saying, "I'll never come to this time period again." The show is ending, so he wouldn't be anyway. I guess so people don't ask when is he going to appear on the Flash?
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    I agree, that was a pointless storyline and ending.

And what was the point of Mon-el saying, "I'll never come to this time period again." The show is ending, so he wouldn't be anyway. I guess so people don't ask when is he going to appear on the Flash?
    And to definitively say he doesn't end up with Kara, I guess.

Thinking about Alex's line about consent to Parasite...it's even worse when you take in consideration how Superman the Animated Series did it in "Double Dose".

They initially established Parasite's touch as somewhat sexual when he looks Livewire up and down while she's talking and then Livewire offers him a "taste...of my power, I mean". Later, Parasite tries to grab her when she's not looking, and he gets shocked. Livewire gets pissed and yells "If I say no, it means no!"

Supergirl had no metaphor about it, there was no build-up, and it doesn't make sense in context. If a cartoon from 25 years ago could make it work on two levels, there's no reason Supergirl had to be so blunt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Thinking about Alex's line about consent to Parasite...it's even worse when you take in consideration how Superman the Animated Series did it in "Double Dose".

They initially established Parasite's touch as somewhat sexual when he looks Livewire up and down while she's talking and then Livewire offers him a "taste...of my power, I mean". Later, Parasite tries to grab her when she's not looking, and he gets shocked. Livewire gets pissed and yells "If I say no, it means no!"

Supergirl had no metaphor about it, there was no build-up, and it doesn't make sense in context. If a cartoon from 25 years ago could make it work on two levels, there's no reason Supergirl had to be so blunt about it.
    This reminds me how much I missed Livewire when she was on the show.

Astonishing Member

I guess after watching this and reading the discussion was that show ended with a "Meh".

I would have liked to see the AntiMonitor kill her and Clark carry her body in the classic COIE scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I guess after watching this and reading the discussion was that show ended with a "Meh".

I would have liked to see the AntiMonitor kill her and Clark carry her body in the classic COIE scene.
    They already paid homage to that scene in Season 2, when Clark picked her up after she got blasted by Metallo.