Page 372 of 374 FirstFirst ... 272322362368369370371372373374 LastLast
Results 5,566 to 5,580 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I want to see Cryer's Lex fight Hoechlin's Superman.
    Oh, that absolutely. I just mean in films, I'd like the next movie to have a different heavy. Like Brainiac.

But on Superman and Lois, they have to meet up at least once.

I don't know why Zod keeps getting lumped in with Luthor as being overexposed. He's only been in two movies and three tv shows (technically two since the one that appeared on Supergirl was a hallucination).

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't know why Zod keeps getting lumped in with Luthor as being overexposed. He's only been in two movies and three tv shows (technically two since the one that appeared on Supergirl was a hallucination).
    As far as Superman filmography, that's pretty extensive. Especially since he's been in all the "main" ones.

As far as Superman filmography, that's pretty extensive. Especially since he's been in all the "main" ones.
    Exactly. He was set up in the first Superman movie, was the main villain for the second. He was the Big Bad of a season of Smallville, and was a driving force on Krypton. And he was the main villain in Man of Steel. I just want them to use someone new.

Yeah, I don't really see how that is "not that much".
    Just because one villain is more overused than the other doesn't mean the other is not.

Incredible Member

This ending. Is painful to watch.

https://youtu.be/lgg4SjQmkno

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    This ending. Is painful to watch.

https://youtu.be/lgg4SjQmkno
    It really sucks how little Supergirl actually got to do in the final battle of her own show.

A team or "league" of heroes fight a villain, but in the end the monsters they unleash turn on the villains and overwhelm them. Seems I have seen that somewhere before.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

It really sucks how little Supergirl actually got to do in the final battle of her own show.
    She did what she always does on the show - she made a speech that inspired people. It's why they weren't a source of fear when the Phantom Zone demons came... so there's that, I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    She did what she always does on the show - she made a speech that inspired people. It's why they weren't a source of fear when the Phantom Zone demons came... so there's that, I guess...
    It wasn't even one of her better speeches to be honest. A side-character got a better speech.

Astonishing Member

The idea of a crowd of normals stepping up in a superhero battle is overdone in so many places and is so stupid. Also, let's have Supergirl from Old step up with a crap sporting shotgun.

Then standing and yapping for a fight with folks with superspeed. Good riddance to this show which went downhill and never stopped.

And was there any point to Supergirl absorbing the sun and having people turn on her?

And was there any point to Supergirl absorbing the sun and having people turn on her?
    No, and honestly the less said about that storyline the better.

"The sun will go dark for six months, but then it will get better."
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    The idea of a crowd of normals stepping up in a superhero battle is overdone in so many places and is so stupid. Also, let's have Supergirl from Old step up with a crap sporting shotgun.

Then standing and yapping for a fight with folks with superspeed. Good riddance to this show which went downhill and never stopped.
    I didn't mind that. They did it first in Arrow Season 4.

I thought the final battle was fine. Everyone got a moment to shine (though I didn't know a Legion ring could be used as an offensive weapon), Supergirl gave a speech that empowered the regular folk, the not-so-infinity stones were depowered, and the only people that were feeling fear were taken to the Phantom Zone.

My problem was actually Nyxly being taken back to the Phantom Zone. If they had kept her characterization consistent as a truly evil being, who reveled in the destructions she brought, I'd be fine with it. Instead, they seemed to go back and forth on her character, at times making her sympathetic. Hell, she even protected the kid. And we all saw how the Phantom Zone impacted her before. So sending her back there- That felt cruel and unearned.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I didn't mind that. They did it first in Arrow Season 4.
    That's not a glowing recommendation .
    I thought the final battle was fine. Everyone got a moment to shine (though I didn't know a Legion ring could be used as an offensive weapon), Supergirl gave a speech that empowered the regular folk, the not-so-infinity stones were depowered, and the only people that were feeling fear were taken to the Phantom Zone.

My problem was actually Nyxly being taken back to the Phantom Zone. If they had kept her characterization consistent as a truly evil being, who reveled in the destructions she brought, I'd be fine with it. Instead, they seemed to go back and forth on her character, at times making her sympathetic. Hell, she even protected the kid. And we all saw how the Phantom Zone impacted her before. So sending her back there- That felt cruel and unearned.
    Everyone got a moment to shine while Supergirl got to do the bare minimum and wasn't even all that responsible for the villains being defeated. In the final episode of her own show. Personally I don't think yet another speech quite made up for that and it was an anti-climactic end for the shows two biggest villains.

I do agree they could never quite figure out a concrete characterization for Nyxly. Also seems like her tyrant father is still in charge of the 5th Dimension so...