Page 51 of 374 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Just saw "Superman: The Movie" on TV a couple of days ago. I had forgotten just how good that movie was, I actually teared up a few times. It made me realize all the more what total crap Man of Steel was. Thank God we got at least one season of Supergirl to make up for it, even if it doesn't get a second season.
    I had exactly the opposite experience a few years ago. I hadn't watch any of the Reeves Superman movies since I was about 13 at most so I still remembered them as being utterly awesome. Then Superman comes on TV and I watched. I heard the music and got all excited. Then the move started and I began to get uncomfortable and then I started cringing. It was so freaking bad. Utter cheese fest but not cheese in a good way. Only the music holds up by today's standards. Some movies are timeless and will always be good, some will end up looking horrible and this was one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Yes, but she doesn't look like Siobahn. So I'd expect someone to go "Wow, Siobahn is that you?" Or some quip about her getting an extreme makeover. I freak out whenever one of my friends gets a haircut--it would take me a few moments to get used to a whole new look.
    As I recall, she started speaking as soon as she popped out as Silver Banshee, so Kara was able to tell who she was even with the makeup.

I've posted in a couple other threads that it would have been nice to see Cisco meet Kara. Perhaps in the next crossover she will go to Flash's universe somehow.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    I've posted in a couple other threads that it would have been nice to see Cisco meet Kara. Perhaps in the next crossover she will go to Flash's universe somehow.
    That would mean flying two actors down to L.A. to shoot their scenes. The CW isn't made of money. They probably had to fly Grant Gustin on economy.

So, the end of that crossover was.....unexpected. But not bad, not bad at all^^

Really hope more comes out of it.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Were those the same Firemen she saved before the Red Kryptonite incident?
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Extraordinary Member

In an episode full of fun little moments, I'm not sure which moment I like better, Barry asking Winn to take a picture with him and Kara's Spacepod or
    Kara's joy at being suddenly gifted with Ice-Cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Yeah, I think so.

One of them definitely was, the one who helped Kara up .

Fictional Computer Hacker August_Gorman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    That would mean flying two actors down to L.A. to shoot their scenes. The CW isn't made of money. They probably had to fly Grant Gustin on economy.
    Well, no... if Supergirl was on The Flash, probably they would do the filming in Vancouver. So, that would mean flying one actress up to Vancouver.
    ____

Currently Reading: The Amazing Spider-Man, Attack On Titan, Fight Club 2, On Guard We Stand, Ultimate End
    ____

Gus Gorman: "Hey, man!"
    Lorelei Ambrosia: "That's his last name. He likes to be called Superman."

Ultimate Member

Just a side note, last night on Colbert they had the actress that plays Kara's mom and Astra...

Magick is Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Gave up on Supergirl after episode three as I couldn't stand the writing. Too much literally making Kara a female Clark Kent right down to the job and bumbling mannerisms.

Came back this episode because of Flash. Going away again after this episode because I can see it hasn't gotten any better on the writing.

I want to love this show. I think Melissa Benoist is great and utterly capable of great things but the writing keeps letting her down. Let Supergirl be her own person. Obviously she has connections to Superman and thats acceptable but she doesn't have to literally be a female version of him right down to her alter ego. Thats what drove me away after episode three and what now will keep me away again barring another Flash crossover.
    You think people like reality shows for the writing? Sometimes I just want entertainment; that's what "Supergirl" is to me. Sometimes a fun show is just a fun show and you accept it as that.

Magick is Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Just saw "Superman: The Movie" on TV a couple of days ago. I had forgotten just how good that movie was, I actually teared up a few times. It made me realize all the more what total crap Man of Steel was. Thank God we got at least one season of Supergirl to make up for it, even if it doesn't get a second season.
    The only drawback to "S:TM" was how milquetoast Chris' Clark Kent was; still is a good movie to watch regardless.

Magick is Everywhere

This was such a fun episode. Lighthearted, action packed, unabashedly comic book-ey. Spending money to see Batman v Superman, when I could have just waited see this for free goes a long way towards explaining why I'm always broke.

Supergirl is definitely the one true successor. No worries though, even if CBS doesn't renew, the CW'll snap it up. Both shows are filmed right next to each other.
    It's something I'm wondering on with CBS: are they afraid that if they cancel it, CW picks it up, and change up on some of the writers that they'll look really bad if the series gets better being on CW? Not to mention that if they cancel it and replace it with something else, the ratings might hit the basement and people will get canned.

Astonishing Member

Great show. Nice call on the "Blur" from Smallville.

They still have problems with defining top speeds thought. But I can live with that. Reeves and Cavill both did good jobs with some crappy stories.