Page 52 of 374 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NightMage View Post
    It's something I'm wondering on with CBS: are they afraid that if they cancel it, CW picks it up, and change up on some of the writers that they'll look really bad if the series gets better being on CW? Not to mention that if they cancel it and replace it with something else, the ratings might hit the basement and people will get canned.
    I seriously doubt that CBS has any fears about canceling Supergirl. I also doubt that CW will pick it up if they do.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Yeesh, so much negativity but holy hell did I love this episode! I had this huge stupid grin on my face the entire way through. Sure, it was cheesy as hell but exactly the right kind of cheesy that only the best superhero stories can really get away with. And, really, it was just such a joy seeing these characters - and actors! - bouncing off one another, all framed around an actually very, very solid episode of the show. The Red K episode was easily the show's highpoint to date but this is easily its most fun episode.

And, as if I wasn't going to mention it, this episode totally schooled the (mostly) unspeakably terrible BVS at how to do a superhero crossover. BVS was actually no less cheesy but, in contrast to the sheer joyousness, humour and, yes, Superman-ness of this episode (and, frankly, both Supergirl and the Flash in general), the pompousness, ponderousness and utter, utter, utter joylessness of Snyder abomination made its cheesiness embarassing, rather than charming.

On the other hand, I'm not overly thrilled with Non-the-non-entity taking centre stage in the next episode. The Kryptonian Big Bads have been by far the worst part of this show to date and I'm really looking forward to season 2's announced shift of focus to Project Cadmus.

And, yeah, despite the doomsayers, I do think it's still quite likely that this show will be picked up for season 2. Its rating ain't great but a) they're apparently still near the top of CBS' new shows and b) Supergirl brings in presumably quite a different audience to the rest of their programming and is one that I'm sure they would love to keep.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

BANNED

Fun episode. That's what I was expecting.

Extraordinary Member

Fun episode like someone else said tho they do have a problem writing powers. The whole earplug thing was kinda dumb and the fireman took out the villains waay to easy but hey. I liked the way silver banshee looked in those tights.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Yeesh, so much negativity but holy hell did I love this episode! I had this huge stupid grin on my face the entire way through. Sure, it was cheesy as hell but exactly the right kind of cheesy that only the best superhero stories can really get away with. And, really, it was just such a joy seeing these characters - and actors! - bouncing off one another, all framed around an actually very, very solid episode of the show. The Red K episode was easily the show's highpoint to date but this is easily its most fun episode.
    Was it fun? Yes. I just didn't find it to be the strongest episode. They weren't originally planning to do a crossover when the series began, but they did make the best of the situation. Grant and Melissa have worked together before and you can tell they had a lot of fun working together again.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Venom View Post
    Was it fun? Yes. I just didn't find it to be the strongest episode. They weren't originally planning to do a crossover when the series began, but they did make the best of the situation. Grant and Melissa have worked together before and you can tell they had a lot of fun working together again.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, it's certainly not without its flaws, many of which could have been solved by making it a double episode, but it was so infectuously enjoyable and Grant and Melissa were so frakin' adorable together, that I found its weaknesses pretty damn easy to overlook.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Just a thought, but if the CW is, let's say Earth Prime, maybe CBS is Earth 2 in this case. Could it be that there's a Jay as the flash running around or in retirement at the moment and seeing Barry showing up and running could pull him out of that. That could be an interesting sort of situation for Kara in the future meeting with the Flash from her world and it turns out to be Jay Garrick. Also might be cool to have Kyle Rainer as a Green Lantern on here and working for Cat as the graphic designer, or at least one, since that's his job. I think by season two they could be hinting at more characters to come.

Come on CBS take this show on for another season, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Oh, don't get me wrong, it's certainly not without its flaws, many of which could have been solved by making it a double episode, but it was so infectuously enjoyable and Grant and Melissa were so frakin' adorable together, that I found its weaknesses pretty damn easy to overlook.
    May I add that if there is a Barry allen on Kara's earth, and he's like Grant's Barry and things don't work out with Jimmy, I nominate Kara's earth's version of Barry to be a possible future love interest. It would be adorable -although I'm pretty sure some people would go into sugar shock over it.

Astonishing Member

Nah. That'd be even more convoluted (especially for the actor himself) than just having the two as a couple.

Unless this is a universe where Barry looks different (IE to have a different actor) it'd be way too complicated to set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Just a thought, but if the CW is, let's say Earth Prime, maybe CBS is Earth 2 in this case. Could it be that there's a Jay as the flash running around or in retirement at the moment and seeing Barry showing up and running could pull him out of that. That could be an interesting sort of situation for Kara in the future meeting with the Flash from her world and it turns out to be Jay Garrick. Also might be cool to have Kyle Rainer as a Green Lantern on here and working for Cat as the graphic designer, or at least one, since that's his job. I think by season two they could be hinting at more characters to come.

Come on CBS take this show on for another season, please.

I don't think Kara's Earth is Earth-2. When Barry went to Earth-2 everything had a Art-Deco look to it, the elevated train, a golden look to the buildings. Kara's Earth just basically looks like downtown Los Angeles - palm trees, multi-lane freeways, and the surrounding mountains and deserts of the Los Angeles area.

Yes, please renew. There are 75 years of Superman stories to be told and this show could go several seasons if it finds a steady audience.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I don't think Kara's Earth is Earth-2. When Barry went to Earth-2 everything had a Art-Deco look to it, the elevated train, a golden look to the buildings. Kara's Earth just basically looks like downtown Los Angeles - palm trees, multi-lane freeways, and the surrounding mountains and deserts of the Los Angeles area.

Yes, please renew. There are 75 years of Superman stories to be told and this show could go several seasons if it finds a steady audience.
    Oh yeah. It's pretty clear Kara's Earth is not Earth-2 if for no other reason than she has no idea who Zoom is.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Oh yeah. It's pretty clear Kara's Earth is not Earth-2 if for no other reason than she has no idea who Zoom is.
    Like i said earlier in this thread, each channel with a DC show is it's own dimension.

This explains how they dont know about other heroes. What they are supposed to be called or be is still up in the air.

I called them Earth-CBS, Earth-Fox, and Earth-CW.

Im sure there's some continuity mess ups when you count everything but so far they are all separate.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Nah. That'd be even more convoluted (especially for the actor himself) than just having the two as a couple.

Unless this is a universe where Barry looks different (IE to have a different actor) it'd be way too complicated to set up.
    I was thinking more like different actor, similar sort of personality there. It would be nice to see a few heroes in that world as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post

Huh, should be interesting to see if they do additional cross overs in the future. I missed the Flash episode where he went to Earth 2, sounds really interesting in the designs. Maybe we can see a Earth 2 series at some point in the future.

The weird thing is that of the Big Three stations ABC has always been the most friendly to the Superhero genre: Batman, Zorro, Green Hornet, Wonder Woman (Until it moved to CBS), Lois and Clark, the Avengers (UK series), etc, followed by CBS: Hulk and Wonder woman, and then NBC who had Heroes and Constantine.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I seriously doubt that CBS has any fears about canceling Supergirl. I also doubt that CW will pick it up if they do.
    Best line of the crossover:

"You look like the racially diverse but non-threatening cast of a CW show."

Mighty Member

There was also an Earth 2 reference. When Barry was explaining multiple earths being different; Winn says "What about one where we're all evil?" then Barry says "Been there; it sucks."