Page 53 of 374 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    The weird thing is that of the Big Three stations ABC has always been the most friendly to the Superhero genre: Batman, Zorro, Green Hornet, Wonder Woman (Until it moved to CBS), Lois and Clark, the Avengers (UK series), etc, followed by CBS: Hulk and Wonder woman, and then NBC who had Heroes and Constantine.
    And now that Disney, which owns ABC, also owns Marvel Entertainment, ABC is all the more superhero friendly. If Supergirl were a Marvel character on ABC, renewal would be guaranteed.

So it's been really hectic around here and I haven't had time to briefly review more SUPERGIRL episodes till now.

So, here we go. Quickly.

S01E17 "Manhunter"

This episode had the most J'onn J'onzz in it yet, and that was only a good thing IMHO. David Harewood is hands down the best male actor on the show. He has kinda become the show's closest thing to a stand-in for Superman himself. The CGI/fx on the Martian Manhunter was the best yet. The MM origin story brought back Jeremiah Danvers (Dean Cain) and set up a future showdown with Cadmus before season's end. We got more of Kara's and Alex's backstories, both shared and separate. Original Hank was pretty much an a-hole. Jim Harper was definitely an a-hole. J'onn suddenly getting a lot more precise with his mind-warping abilities over the course of a single season was a bit much (compared to when he completely erased that one guard's entire memory earlier in the season). Loved Lucy Lane serving a useful, non-romantic purpose and now running the DEO. Also, Lucy helping Kara bust J'Onn and Alex out of the Cadmus truck was cool.

Episode MVP: David Harewood as both J'onn J'onzz and Hank Henshaw

Overall Grade: A-

===

S01E18 "Worlds' Finest"

Well, this is the episode that settled it once and for all. SUPERGIRL does not take place on the same Earth as THE FLASH and ARROW. No doubt about it now. I officially win a very old bet on this thread. Also, this really fun episode contained two very different storylines that would have been better kept apart. I LOVED Supergirl and the Flash meeting up. Really loved that it told the story completely from Kara's point of view (no, "previously on the CW" recap needed). GLEE alums Melissa Benoist and Grant Gustin had fantastic chemistry together as Supergirl and the Flash (and more as Kara and Barry). Seriously, this episode could have just been the Kara and Barry show and just had them yammering away and racing and I would have been perfectly content. But they've got a season to move along, so here we get two of the most forgettable incarnations of Livewire and Silver Banshee in any medium. Seriously, their lack of chemistry and Silver Banshee's piss-poor makeup and costume almost does this episode in, despite the Girl of Steel and Scarlet Speedster's combined presence. But, that's enough about those two. Barry interacting with Kara's crew was great, everything from the jealousy he induced from James, to his recognition of Wynn as Kara's Cisco, to his petrified meeting with Cat Grant was solid. I hope there may be a sequel to this episode (maybe on the CW's FLASH to return the favor), but I'm just glad this episode even happened.

Episode MVP: Grant Gustin as Barry Allen / The Flash

Overall Grade: A-

===

Wow, that was two great episodes (actually three, counting "Falling") in a row for SUPERGIRL. Really hope the last two episodes "Myriad" and "Better Angels" continue this upward trend. And I really, really hope we get official confirmation of a second season for SUPERGIRL really soon.

Ultimate Member

I wonder if every human in the city is under the spell or just some, as Cat seems to be fine or if it's just some people blood type or something like that...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I wonder if every human in the city is under the spell or just some, as Cat seems to be fine or if it's just some people blood type or something like that...
    Max and Cat are protected by some Lord-tech that blocks the control signal (according to one of the clips).

Ultimate Member

I guess that it wouldn't make sense for everyone to be affected, wonder if Wynn is affected as well or if he's still free...

Incredible Member

I had wondered early on this season that the Maxwell Lord of the Supergirl series was like that of his mainstream DCU counterpart had the metahuman power to push minds into his way of thinking. Alex mentioned that in her conversation with Max that it seemed a little weird how easily she opened up to the guy in their talk. Maybe he does indeed posses that ability on this show, and it enables him to block Myriad's effects. Also with Cat, it could be she's so focused ,and strong willed, that it has no effect, or a limited one if at all.

The Supergirl-Flash crossover episode went from a 1.7 to a 2.3 in the 18-49 demo in the Live +3 ratings and picked up an additional 1.9 million total viewers bringing the total viewers to 9.1 million viewers.
    The Flash episode the following day also went from a 1.3 to a 1.9.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-april-3-2016/

Magick is Everywhere

So, Gen. Lane and Kara begrudgingly agree to help each other out, Cat spouting a line about not dating Harrison Ford (LMAO~!) and Superman being enthralled by Myriad....and we're not even 15 minutes into the episode.

This is a gonna be fun~!

Mighty Member

That was pretty shocking where Supergirl couldn't reach that mind controlled lady from falling to her death.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

A solid first part to the season finale. Hopefully this and part 2 do well enough for CBS to finally renew it for season 2.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

It's too bad Vandervoort was saddled with that terrible wig and makeup job, because she gave a really nice bad guy performance.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    A solid first part to the season finale. Hopefully this and part 2 do well enough for CBS to finally renew it for season 2.
    If each episode had been this well done I think the ratings for this season would have been a lot higher. I like the show well enough, but they have never done something this good all season.
    Also liked the explanation of why if the world is in this much danger, Superman wasn't helping out.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    It's too bad Vandervoort was saddled with that terrible wig and makeup job, because she gave a really nice bad guy performance.
    Is she Indigo I take it?
    Because, I couldn't get past how much Indigo looked like Mystique.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Retired

I thought Alex looked much better as a blonde, for a minute there I thougt it was Laura Vandervoort, but I guess they didn't want too many blondes on one show.

Laura Vandervoort is always a knock out, but there's something about her in that blue body make-up that I find very appealing. It looks blue not indigo, but what the heck. I'd like to see her in her own series.

It was a triple Supergirl episode--with Helen Slater. And being the Good Samaritan, Jerry Seinfeld must be very pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Is she Indigo I take it?
    Because, I couldn't get past how much Indigo looked like Mystique.
    Just the movie version of Mystique. Mystique looks different in the comic books. Plus Mystique has red hair, Indigo has pink hair. And also Mystique doesn't have the red glowing eyes on her forehead or the claw hand. Really, the only thing they have in common is both have blue skin. But then so did Neytiri in Avatar.