Page 54 of 374 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

So I guess Superman's apparently at least fought Maxima, over the classic issue of her wanting to mate with him, and it was cool seeing Kara throw down with her, manage to win, and stop the Fort Rozz prisoners from being released all the while dealing with Lucy and the DEO"s Kryptonite weaponry. Not too shabby .

Cat Grant is so popular that she's good enough to even catch the eye of the actor married to her actress .

I'm not sure how I feel about Superman falling under Myriad's control and that it apparently infects him because he "thinks" he's human after being raised on Earth compared to Kara. I would still think he'd have the same mental physiology to be able to be immune to it, and at least knowing he's Kryptonian and having his abilities would balance out his growing up human. Maybe they would've been better off just justifying his absence by his being off-world doing something important, even though it was nice to see Kara instantly going for his help and Clark immediately coming back as soon as he heard what was happening.

Heh. Non talking about Superman kneeling to him. With Astra dead, he's pretty much the sole Zod stand-in at this point.

I think I've figured out Max's type. Strong, attractive, and intelligent women who can stand their ground against him and keep up with him in a conversation. It's no wonder he seems so attracted to both Alex and Cat.

Poor Kara...it's one thing to be unable to save someone, but to be unable to save a co-worker? Just brutal. And Non rubbing it in through Jimmy and Win must have dug the knife even deeper.

It's one thing to plan on killing all the Kryptonians, it's another to go through with a plan that could harm thousands of innocent people. There's no way Supergirl would ever go through with that.

So we get some attempt at humanizing Lord, as we learn that he blames himself for the death of his parents because they didn't heed his warning, which is why he's so committed to saving humanity and the world no matter the moral or living cost because he refuses to stand by and see deaths that he could have prevented. It doesn't justify his manipulations, his xenophobic attitude towards Kara, or what he did to Bizarro, but I guess in a warped way it does show what he and Supergirl have in common.

First mention of Madame President Lynda Carter .

Eliza quizzing J'onn on his Martian biology was a fun scene.

I think they should've told Eliza about Jeremiah being alive. I mean, her daughter comes to her while on the run from the government, with an shapeshifting alien in tow who knew her husband, and now they're both off to a dangerous situation they might not come back from...at least give her the chance to know that her husband is actually alive. Something positive for her to take to heart as her daughter rushes to stop Myriad with J'onn.

Cat might sometimes present herself as shallow and superficial, but when it counts she shows she's truly an intelligent, thoughtful, and inspirational person. Someone who, even as cynical as she is, has a strong moral backbone, and compassion and hope that Supergirl has been able to inspire in her. While Cat has helped Kara develop into the hero she is today, Supergirl has helped Cat grow into a better and happier person. Cat's speech and that hug was really sweet and heartwarming to watch.

You can't say Indigo's not supportive of Non. She knows Supergirl is a threat that needs to be taken out, or else she'll risk his plan, and she wants him to look past Astra's goal of saving the Earth and make Non the ruler and master of the entire universe. She wants Non to succeed and become the greatest and most powerful being he can be. I'm sure she'd also appreciate him returning her affections and rewarding her loyalty, though it's quite apparent that he doesn't see her that way and is still, in his own way, loyal to his wife.

Supergirl and Martian Manhunter vs. Non and Indigo next week. Can't wait!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I guess Superman's apparently at least fought Maxima, over the classic issue of her wanting to mate with him, and it was cool seeing Kara throw down with her, manage to win, and stop the Fort Rozz prisoners from being released all the while dealing with Lucy and the DEO"s Kryptonite weaponry. Not too shabby .
    The fight was cool. But the actress playing Maxima was about as bad as the one who played her on Smallville (although that actress did go on to do better work).

I'm not sure how I feel about Superman falling under Myriad's control and that it apparently infects him because he "thinks" he's human after being raised on Earth compared to Kara. I would still think he'd have the same mental physiology to be able to be immune to it, and at least knowing he's Kryptonian and having his abilities would balance out his growing up human. Maybe they would've been better off just justifying his absence by his being off-world doing something important, even though it was nice to see Kara instantly going for his help and Clark immediately coming back as soon as he heard what was happening.
    I liked the explanation for why Superman was susceptible to Myriad. It actually had some scientific plausibility to it--depending on how the Myriad device actually worked--because how a child is raised and the early influences he's exposed to can absolutely effect the development of the brain. And some environmental factors can even effect how genes are triggered. (Of course, that all applies to humans.)

Retired

It seemed strange to me that, having given a perfectly plausible reason for why Superman would not be in this week's episode, they then brought Superman into the episode only to have him immediately mind controlled. Why not leave him in outer space and avoid the convoluted explanation for why he wasn't doing anything? Maybe they have plans for him in the next episode.

While Cat has some of the wittiest lines on the show, she's in danger of becoming too nice. She's better when she appears to lack a certain moral compass and we can't predict what she might do next. I think she should give Harrison Ford a chance--maybe his wife would be into it, too.

Magick is Everywhere

First mention of Madame President Lynda Carter .
    Now IIRC she could make an appearance in Season 2 (read: I'm getting pretty pissed off at CBS at this point having the show in limbo. Are they that afraid that cancelling the show could bite them in the ass if WB picks it up and their replacement falters in the fall? Just say "Yay" or "Nay" at this point!), that'll be fun.

Eliza quizzing J'onn on his Martian biology was a fun scene.
    She got all nerdy on J'onn.

I think they should've told Eliza about Jeremiah being alive. I mean, her daughter comes to her while on the run from the government, with an shapeshifting alien in tow who knew her husband, and now they're both off to a dangerous situation they might not come back from...at least give her the chance to know that her husband is actually alive. Something positive for her to take to heart as her daughter rushes to stop Myriad with J'onn.
    Don't want to raise false hope with Eliza regarding her husband. Who knows when that vision J'onn saw of Jeremiah alive was; could've been weeks earlier for all he knows.

Cat might sometimes present herself as shallow and superficial, but when it counts she shows she's truly an intelligent, thoughtful, and inspirational person. Someone who, even as cynical as she is, has a strong moral backbone, and compassion and hope that Supergirl has been able to inspire in her. While Cat has helped Kara develop into the hero she is today, Supergirl has helped Cat grow into a better and happier person. Cat's speech and that hug was really sweet and heartwarming to watch.
    Don't mind that at all...but you don't want Cat to get soft. You want her every once in a while to be in that bossy mode she gets in.

You can't say Indigo's not supportive of Non. She knows Supergirl is a threat that needs to be taken out, or else she'll risk his plan, and she wants him to look past Astra's goal of saving the Earth and make Non the ruler and master of the entire universe. She wants Non to succeed and become the greatest and most powerful being he can be. I'm sure she'd also appreciate him returning her affections and rewarding her loyalty, though it's quite apparent that he doesn't see her that way and is still, in his own way, loyal to his wife.
    Ehhh, think Indigo's only supporting Non because conquering the universe is what she wants (Braniac's programming and all that). The minute he either achieves it or fails to, she'll off him.

Supergirl and Martian Manhunter vs. Non and Indigo next week. Can't wait!!!
    QFT.

Retired

It was interesting that they named dropped Central City. This mean there's a Central City on all three known Earths (and this one should have counterparts similar to the other two).

Too bad there was no scene where Supergirl introduces Maxima to Maxwell Lord. "Maxima have you met Maxwell Lord? Maxwell, Maxima. Maxima, Maxwell."

Incredible Member

It was a really good episode but for some reason it's something insignificant that nags at me- Flockhart agreed to a joke that implies her husband might cheat on her? That's just weird. (Then again, maybe on this Earth he's married to someone else. )

Extraordinary Member

I'll say one thing for this show they aren't afraid of action that's for sure. Kinda tired of Max's tweener act is he a good guy or bad or what? But I thought the junping off ledge scene was kinda dumb. They're walking towards the window and SG is like "What are they doing?" Duh they're gonna jump out the windooooooow lol.

And Non knows how to satisfy Indigo-computer love lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    A solid first part to the season finale. Hopefully this and part 2 do well enough for CBS to finally renew it for season 2.
    Really? I thought it was far inferior to most of the other episodes. Alix going to National City made no sense. If anything happened to J'onn, she would immediately fall under the effect of Myriad, which is precisely what happened. Yet two characters who are reputed to be level-headed (Alix and J'onn) act in this stupid way.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It was interesting that they named dropped Central City. This mean there's a Central City on all three known Earths (and this one should have counterparts similar to the other two).

Too bad there was no scene where Supergirl introduces Maxima to Maxwell Lord. "Maxima have you met Maxwell Lord? Maxwell, Maxima. Maxima, Maxwell."
    In the Flash crossover episode they mentioned Central City. Evidently, none of the Flash cast members exist on that Earth.

Sandy Hausler

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    It was a really good episode but for some reason it's something insignificant that nags at me- Flockhart agreed to a joke that implies her husband might cheat on her? That's just weird. (Then again, maybe on this Earth he's married to someone else. )
    That's assuming Flockhart herself didn't suggest that line--or her husband. I think she has enough power and control (as probably the most recognizable actor on the series) that she wouldn't have to say anything she didn't want to. And I doubt she or anyone else took it seriously. It's just a funny in-joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    In the Flash crossover episode they mentioned Central City. Evidently, none of the Flash cast members exist on that Earth.
    I didn't remember that--it's been so long. But I don't see how we can know for sure that none of the people in Central City on Earth-One don't also exist in Central City on Earth-Supergirl. It's just that metahumans don't exist. But any ordinary person, like a nerdy Barry Allen or a lounge singer Joe West could exist in that Central City and simply not be on anyone's radar.

I hope there's a point to having Supes away then brought back just to be mind-controlled cause he has lived on earth for so long his brain is different than normal Kryptonian brains.

In Man of Steel this was done with them getting the physical powers from the sun and the rest of the powers from breathing the atmosphere. This was done to make all these soldiers on the same level as Supes since he was going out for the first time as a hero. I wonder what's going to be the point in this show.

One thing that seemed interesting to me was that Non didnt want to release the White Martian. Does that bring the possibility of having it as ally? M'gann?

The fight between Indigo and MMH was cool. Even though it was weird that the shack was extremely explosive.

The Kryptonite nuke was interesting and what was more interesting is that even the the army okayed it. I really hope that "Hope" doesnt simple stop this. They should've just grab J'onn and use those machine to broadcast his telepathy and boost it to counter that thing. That seems better.

And they have Kryptonite power suits? How many of those things to they have? They should've been using those from the start! They have bullets, sword, and now suits?!?!? Every week they show some new tech that just brings up the question of why do they need SG?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    One thing that seemed interesting to me was that Non didnt want to release the White Martian. Does that bring the possibility of having it as ally? M'gann?
    Seems unlikely, given the Martian's demonstrated dislike for both humans and green Martians.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    And they have Kryptonite power suits? How many of those things to they have? They should've been using those from the start! They have bullets, sword, and now suits?!?!? Every week they show some new tech that just brings up the question of why do they need SG?
    The power suit may have been something that Indigo and Non built for Alex. As for why they (the DEO) need Supergirl . . . the power suit doesn't make you invulnerable to physical injury, and they weren't able to take Supergirl down despite having Kryptonite bullets. They need her because she's Supergirl.

Extraordinary Member

I honestly did wonder where all this kryptonite is coming from, it's like they're pulling it out like candy.When they emptied their clips and kept reloading I was like damn...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I honestly did wonder where all this kryptonite is coming from, it's like they're pulling it out like candy.When they emptied their clips and kept reloading I was like damn...lol.
    As I recall the DEO is able to make artificial kryptonite. The DEO also made the blue kryptonite to take down Bizarro. Even Maxwell Lord was able to make kryptonite. It's just that his was an imperfect version.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    As I recall the DEO is able to make artificial kryptonite. The DEO also made the blue kryptonite to take down Bizarro. Even Maxwell Lord was able to make kryptonite. It's just that his was an imperfect version.
    But isnt this the first time where green K has actually been made? If it was made by Max and Non.

It sort of makes sense that other imperfect versions have resulted, black, blue, red, from attempts at making green k.