Page 55 of 374 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I didn't remember that--it's been so long. But I don't see how we can know for sure that none of the people in Central City on Earth-One don't also exist in Central City on Earth-Supergirl. It's just that metahumans don't exist. But any ordinary person, like a nerdy Barry Allen or a lounge singer Joe West could exist in that Central City and simply not be on anyone's radar.
    Barry pretty much quotes the exact opposite on the crossover episode. He runs off a list of civilian names from The Flash show that do not exist on Supergirl's earth.

Astonishing Member

Another classic Kryptonian forgets their superspeed episode. See SG duck for cover at normal speed inside of zipping away. See her face her sister and not just zip away. Instead we slo-mo into the sky.

Still like the show though. I agree that the DEO pulls super defeating tech out of the air. I said that before. Interesting that they have developed the no-poop necessary diet for their prisoners who live in just a fish tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    But isnt this the first time where green K has actually been made? If it was made by Max and Non.

It sort of makes sense that other imperfect versions have resulted, black, blue, red, from attempts at making green k.
    They have the traditional, pure, green Kryptonite. They used it on Kara in the pilot and the Fort Rozz Kryptonians in their initial appearance, until the latter started wearing tech that counteracted the effect.

I didn't remember that--it's been so long. But I don't see how we can know for sure that none of the people in Central City on Earth-One don't also exist in Central City on Earth-Supergirl. It's just that metahumans don't exist. But any ordinary person, like a nerdy Barry Allen or a lounge singer Joe West could exist in that Central City and simply not be on anyone's radar.
    All I can tell you is what Barry told Kara. All of the members of Team Flash are not in Central City on Earth-Supergirl. Does that mean anything if they decide they want to put a Barry Allen on that world/ Of course not. But this is the status as of now.

Sandy Hausler

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    In the Flash crossover episode they mentioned Central City. Evidently, none of the Flash cast members exist on that Earth.

Sandy Hausler
    I just finished watching "Worlds' Finest," the whole thing all over again, just to determine what the status of the THE FLASH cast was. All that Barry says (after looking online) is that there's a Central City but no STAR Labs and therefore no Harrision Wells, Cisco Ramone or Caitlin Snow that can help get him back to Earth-One. This is open to interpretation, but it's not much to go on as far as all the characters in Central City that have appeared on THE FLASH. And there's the Hunter Zolomon loophole, where Caitlin searched for a counterpart of Jay Garrick on Earth-One and came up empty because that's not his name.

It seemed strange to me that, having given a perfectly plausible reason for why Superman would not be in this week's episode, they then brought Superman into the episode only to have him immediately mind controlled. Why not leave him in outer space and avoid the convoluted explanation for why he wasn't doing anything? Maybe they have plans for him in the next episode.
    I wonder. Or maybe they just did it so they could have that weird visual gag of him flying and plummeting.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I'll say one thing for this show they aren't afraid of action that's for sure. Kinda tired of Max's tweener act is he a good guy or bad or what? But I thought the junping off ledge scene was kinda dumb. They're walking towards the window and SG is like "What are they doing?" Duh they're gonna jump out the windooooooow lol.
    It was a tense moment, but I couldn't help but think "There are three people in danger, two main cast members and one red shirt...which two will Supergirl save?!"

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    The power suit may have been something that Indigo and Non built for Alex. As for why they (the DEO) need Supergirl . . . the power suit doesn't make you invulnerable to physical injury, and they weren't able to take Supergirl down despite having Kryptonite bullets. They need her because she's Supergirl.
    I think the power suit was something Wayne Enterprises loaned to the DEO.

Mighty Member

That was funny that Superman's cameo appearance tonight was the sight of his red boots.

Mighty Member

I was happy that Cat finally pronounced Kara’s name correctly.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Cheesy but enjoyable season finale. Really hope we get confirmation of season 2 soon!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Soooo, who or what is Kara reacting to in the final scene?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Astonishing Member

This was a pretty solid ending.

Though the use of "Locked Away" almost had me die of laughter.

Though a few bits were left a bit odd to me.

1) Did Non and Indigo do something extra special to KO Clark for so long? Seems odd to have him down like that for so extra long compared to EVERYONE (aside from plot necessity).
    2) So did J'Onn accept his position as Director back, or is he co-working with Lucy now or something? He doesn't really accept it or not and just says they'll all work together.
    3) I'm still a bit lost as to what the Omegahedron actually DOES. Activate Fort Rozz?
    4) So did Non somehow blind himself in that heat vision battle? Seemed like it but that's a bit convenient.
    5) Did...Indigo "die" or? I mean I wouldn't assume so but it was a bit odd.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Soooo, who or what is Kara reacting to in the final scene?
    I'm assuming only one thing really. MEOW

Mighty Member

Is Non dead?

Looked like Non was merely unconscious and likely blinded

Why can Indigo be torn apart and physically incapacitated but she can travel through cyberspace? Or am I not correctly remembering her feats from her episode?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

...solid? That was quite possibly one of the worst episodes of the season. Sappy, weak, and haphazardly edited. If that was the producers idea of going out with a bang, it deserves to be cancelled.

The biggest misstep with this show was its approach of targeting a segment that would not be able to carry it to ratings it was shooting for on a network it's size. I'm sorry, but there are not enough female comic book fans or fans of the Superman brand to really support a show like this. Best case scenario, this show gets shipped to CW next season and it's handled similarly to their suit of comic book shows. Dust off some of the powdered sugar and make a show without all the fluff shoehorned clichés.

Also... Since when can't Superman fly in a vacuum? How was Alex able to fly an alien spaceship and what the @#$% did she do once she reached Kara? Get out? What was the point in even having Superman mentioned? Why didn't that ship break into little pieces once she started lifting it like a hand basket? That last 5 minutes felt more like a dream. I was hoping it was just so it could pull out of the downward spiral. This was not a good episode, certainly not as a season finale. Just my opinion. Hopefully they can do an infinite crisis style event and bring Supergirl to the CW next season.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 04-18-2016 at 07:08 PM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.