Page 6 of 374 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

I knew she was gonna take Kat for a ride. I assume next week will start with the interview

BANNED

If only Man of Steel had been as good as this show is

Mighty Member

I liked how they did the heat vision battle between Kara and her aunt on tonight' s episode.

Incredible Member

So, Henshaw is martian manhunter?
    Or he's been replaced by the shapeshifter who had the jawline of Nomak from Blade 2?

Very few complaints with the second episode, only one that really comes to mind is Kara moving the tanker was clearly greenscreen and I felt they could've done a better job hiding that (given its a tv production schedule and the quality of the other effects, thats a minor gripe).
    And the blue eye beams still bug me.

I did like Cat Grants speech about knowing your limits at a given time, learning as you go, Kara and her sisters fair fight, though it seems weird the kryptonite would dampen her powers without making her sick, seems like red solar panels would've been better.

James Olsens arc through the episode was good, trying to break free of Superman's shadow.

Wasn't Cat Grant shown a picture of Supergirl last week by kara and didn't see the resemblance? I do have a feeling the differences in kara's behavior as Supergirl will really sell it, maybe as a role reversal with Cat being bewildered and Supergirl having an air of authority.

And hashtag terrible girl! Gave me a chuckle, definitely, and is one of those lines that could've been cheesy with a different line delivery.

So,it looks like Jonn Jonzz will make an appearance soon.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    So,it looks like Jonn Jonzz will make an appearance soon.
    Says who????

Ultimate Member

Hank Henshaw's red eyes I guess. I think that that could just as easily signify that he's already a cyborg though. I'm also pleasantly surprise that they're not dragging out the "mystery villain" thing. Second episode, and Kara already knows that her aunt is alive and is behind this big conspiracy.

BANNED

A nice follow-up episode to the pilot.

Feels like a few things are getting rushed, but hopefully that's more indicative of a general storyline that I am not suspecting.

Extraordinary Member

Cyborg Superman
    * David Harewood will portray Hank Henshaw in the 2015 Supergirl TV series.When discussing his character, Harewood stated, "Hank Henshaw ends up becoming Cyborg Superman in the comics, battling Superman. So I'm looking forward to that. He's a bit of a supervillain. He seems pretty indestructible. Which I kind of like because I keep getting blown up in these things. I'm kind of looking forward to being indestructible."

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Hank Henshaw's red eyes I guess. I think that that could just as easily signify that he's already a cyborg though. I'm also pleasantly surprise that they're not dragging out the "mystery villain" thing. Second episode, and Kara already knows that her aunt is alive and is behind this big conspiracy.
    Totally agree. I was surprised they didnt drag it out till the mid season finale

BANNED

Strong followup to the pilot. I like how they made Kara's childhood on Krypton a major story point. The fact that she spent the first decade-plus of her live living un a technologically advanced alien culture would have a major effect in shaping how she views and adapts to Earth. It also sets her apart from her cousin.

I really like Hank Henshaw. Yeah, he's a jerk, but he's a jerk with a purpose (although using that Kryptonite knife on Astra and leaving it in her arm was a major tactical error). The red eye thing was tipped a bit too soon for my tastes. I liked him just fine as a regular guy trying to do his job. I doubt he ends up being Martian Manhunter, simply because it's too obvious.

First episode i saw.
    The shoulder pads on the Supergirl costume make Supergirl look weird. If they are going to pad the costume they should pad everything.
    Half of the budget for effects seem to have gone to blurring out Calista's face. It was weird.
    Jimmy being a love interest is weird.
    And i thought this show was called Supergirl? Why did half of the episode revolve around bringing up Superman?
    I hope this is an one episode thing.

And they should bring Aquaman to fight her for polluting the bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    He's also apparently already lost his family, and losing his wife preceded his becoming Cyborg-Superman, so it fits (aside from the looking like Superman part). It might explain his attitude towards extraterrestrials.

I was also surprised that Kara discovered Astra was leading the Fort Rozz prisoners in this episode, and even got to fight her, and never once actually got to fight Hellgrammite. Astra seems to really follow the school of Zod in terms of believing her actions, however extreme and militant, are ultimately to the benefit of Krypton or Earth. Kinda just as arrogant as Zod to boot.

I now suddenly want to see Superman's early years just to see what kind of mistakes he made. Though he probably didn't need people to listen to the police scanner for him what with his super-hearing .

So Kara has hero own Fortress of Solitude, or room of solitude, complete with Alura AI, though I'm surprised that it seems Superman never once showed her his Fortress. Especially considering it would probably have just as much, if not more, meaning to Kara since she'd probably love to see the remains of their culture within the Fortress.

Man, Cat Grant evidently does not have a lot of fond memories of the Daily Planet. I'm almost surprised she hired Jimmy at all, considering he'd likely remind her of working at the Planet, though it could've been motivated partly to spite the Planet and Perry. I wonder if she'll dislike Lucy because she reminds her of Lois?

Apparently Kryptonite isn't very well-known in this universe. I wouldn't be surprised if only the DEO/government, Superman, and likely Lex Luthor are the only ones who know about it. Though Clark probably could've warned Kara about it ahead of time...

I was hoping that Hellgrammite would've revealed his real form, more closely resembling his comic look, during a final fight with Supergirl but that was probably hoping for too much even if this show's budget is a bit more substantial then what Arrow and Flash have on the CW.

Is Kara a bottle blonde? Because, in the flashbacks, she looks a lot like a redhead...ironically, just like her foster sister .

So it seems Maxwell Lord is a brilliant philanthropist in National City, and one who at the moment is decidedly anti-Supergirl, though this being Lord there might be a lot more to it then that.

I wonder if that comment about Superman being at war with the Supervillains in Metropolis is to explain why he's too busy to help out?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I now suddenly want to see Superman's early years just to see what kind of mistakes he made.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I know this one!
    Pathological lying sent his buddy lex over the edge.
    Shockwave caused from destroying his spaceship causes martha kent to have a miscarriage.
    Then proceeds to purposefully put himself under the influence of red kryptonite, followed by robbing banks and atm machines.
    The lengths jonathan kent goes to in order to end this results in his heart problems.
    His insistence that Doomsdays human looking side can be redeemed results in the death of henry james olsen (jimmy's older cousin).

Just a handful that stood out that I could remember, but it wasn't all negligent homicides and pushing friends to the brink of sanity. Clarks the good guy after all