Page 66 of 374 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Did I miss something? I didn't see any indication of that. His character looks like it's on the backburner.
    http://www.cbr.com/supergirls-james-...-the-guardian/

It is supposedly an upcoming plot point. Now, how well the show sets it up and transitions into it is, I guess, another matter!
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

Retired

Oh yeah, I saw the reports that Jimmy is going to be the Guardian, I just meant I didn't see anything in the actual show last night to foreshadow that happening, unless I missed something.

Snapper bringing up the fact that Kara didn't have a journalism degree has me wondering what she might have actually majored in for college. Has that ever been mentioned at all?

Ep2 was nice but the moment from the superman episodes for me is when cats dragging clark away and he looks back smiles and says Sway. Wasnt sold on this guy but i like his superman. Hes charming af

Oh yeah, I saw the reports that Jimmy is going to be the Guardian, I just meant I didn't see anything in the actual show last night to foreshadow that happening, unless I missed something.
    Oh, no you didn't miss anything. He only showed up at the end to tell Kara he got promoted to acting CEO (which was enough of a WTF?! moment itself) There was nothing about what he might become, unless the stress of running CatCo does something to his mind...
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Snapper bringing up the fact that Kara didn't have a journalism degree has me wondering what she might have actually majored in for college. Has that ever been mentioned at all?
    On the resume Cat handed back to Kara, where Cat had scrawled REPORTER in red ink, it listed a Bachelor of Arts in Marketing from National City University.

Retired

Like Clark Kent, Kara probably got hired for her typing skills.

I was amused that when she submitted her story to Snapperson McCarrson, it looked like a thesis paper. And she was using a note pad to cover her story--which Clark approved. I think modern reporters use Blackberries and iPads.

Not that Linda Lee Danvers needs tech to take notes--she has total recall.

Fantastic Member

HUGE fan of Supergirl Season 1 - I was there for every episode, and really liked the character development, characters, storylines, super villains, etc. I thought it was great how Kara/Supergirl was able to hold her own & kick @$$ without much (if any) help from anyone else. And, Benoist is a great actress in that she was able to act somewhat nerdy/uncertain as Kara & powerful as Supergirl, and make both convincing - without making the acting/character a female carbon copy of Superman. In fact, S1 of this show is one of my all-time favorite seasons of any show, ever - and I watch a lot of TV.

Conversely, I'm not really thrilled with the casting/costume of Superman in S2. The actor seems a little "soft" for the role, and though he does a great job as Clark Kent (and seems to be 'channeling' the late Christopher Reeve to some extent), I don't like him as Superman. I also don't like the costume at all - what's with the weird flaps on the cape?! They should be more concealed (like they are re: Supergirl's costume).

That being said, this is still a great series - and, I liked the fight(s) with the Metallo(s) in last night's episode. Also really liked the scene where Supergirl "caught" the bullet, which was an obvious homage to the scene in one of the original Reeve Superman films, where Clark unexpectedly "caught" the bullet after he was shot by a would-be robber.

Alex hasn't been on a date for two years? They should do something about that.

Sandy Hausler

Ultimate Member

I kind of think that it'd be funny if they had Alex and Winn have to go on a date but it's not a date they're undercover and I'm wondering if Winn can understand the spoken Krypton language or if he just understands it on a computer...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Alex hasn't been on a date for two years? They should do something about that.

Sandy Hausler
    Well (and I'll put this spoilers just in case): spoilers:
    Greg Berlanti has said that a major character will be coming out as gay in the DCTV-verse, and that'll be an ongoing arc/storyline for them. And he's narrowed the show that they're on down to either The Flash or Supergirl. Many people, including me, think that Alex is the most likely candidate at this point.

-We know next to nothing about her personal life outside of Kara and co.
    -We know even less about her romantic history.
    -They're bringing in the open and proud Lesbian Maggie Sawyer this season, and she's apparently going to be an ally of Kara and Alex's.
    -Supergirl is the one DCTV show that doesn't have an LGBT character yet.
    -Etc.

So it's possible that we might get an Alex/Maggie romance, we'll see soon enough I guess.
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

It could easily be someone else like Miss Martian, and hasn't Alex shown at least some interest in at least one guy...not saying that it's impossible to be her just that so far there hasn't been much to hint towards that, she's just usually to busy to date and Winn is definitely straight so he's out as well along with Jimmy...or James or whatever...

Retired

I thought Alex had been on a date with Max Lord. But maybe I thought it was a date, Max thought it was a date, but Alex didn't think it was a date. That happens.

Win shows signs this season that he could play for both teams. Switching from CBS to CW has brought about a lot of changes for his character. He's on the same arc as Felicity Smoak--in that he started as just a guy who types randomly on a keyboard to make it look like he's doing something and now he's a scientific genius. I thought that the DEO would at the very least have sent him away for a few weeks training if he's going to be in a high security location.

The hardest working operative in the DEO, Agent Vasquez (played by Briana Venskus) seems to have not made the move to the new headquarters. She will be missed.

[Apparently she's now Agent Piper on AGENTS OF SHIELD--but I don't watch that show.]

Mighty Member

[Apparently she's now Agent Piper on AGENTS OF SHIELD--but I don't watch that show.]
    Yep, she's been doing the same blink-and-you'll-miss-it semi-regular cameos on SHIELD since late last season. She's Agent May's #2 in the new STRIKE team. It's funny seeing the same actress get stuck with the same background roles on two different shows.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    It could easily be someone else like Miss Martian, and hasn't Alex shown at least some interest in at least one guy...not saying that it's impossible to be her just that so far there hasn't been much to hint towards that, she's just usually to busy to date and Winn is definitely straight so he's out as well along with Jimmy...or James or whatever...
    There was sort of a thing between her and Max Lord. Did he die last season, and I forgot about it because he's noticeably not here now.

Sandy Hausler