Page 76 of 374 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    It amuses me that Berlanti, as a gay male, can't seem to stop promoting lesbian representation over gay male representation in his shows.
    Well, we've got a gay Mr. Terrific pretty prominently on Arrow at the moment (though we haven't seen his husband in a while...).

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, we've got a gay Mr. Terrific pretty prominently on Arrow at the moment (though we haven't seen his husband in a while...).
    Plus Obsidian in the comic books is gay.

Neither does two girls solving a crime together, yet that theory is better than the other for you, so you have to label anyone looking at any other options 'shippers?'

It's funny, you see the tension between Alex and Maggie, yet when I watched that scene, while I could see it could be that, I also though 'eh she could just be annoyed that she gets to be a great cop and still have a life' - something Alex can't seem to manage.

I still think it's the most likely story, and that it's also an AWFUL easy route stereotype, but I would image you are right re. by Christmas they'll be turning on male audiences round the world by being hot lesbians (yes, I know lesbians need representation too, I was being facetious).

It amuses me that Berlanti, as a gay male, can't seem to stop promoting lesbian representation over gay male representation in his shows.
    Wonder why that is?

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers

I wonder if it's a swerve, though. The Cadmus in this continuity is evil, and Guardian is traditionally associated with Cadmus, so I'm wondering if they're going to brainwash James to turn against the team.
    Now i wanna see him and spartan throw down. The two big black side kicks. Diggle is pretty big too whenever they show him with his short off he puts ollie to shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    Plus Obsidian in the comic books is gay.
    And, per Lance Henrisken, Arrowverse Obsidian will still be gay .

Neither does two girls solving a crime together, yet that theory is better than the other for you, so you have to label anyone looking at any other options 'shippers?'

It's funny, you see the tension between Alex and Maggie, yet when I watched that scene, while I could see it could be that, I also though 'eh she could just be annoyed that she gets to be a great cop and still have a life' - something Alex can't seem to manage.

I still think it's the most likely story, and that it's also an AWFUL easy route stereotype, but I would image you are right re. by Christmas they'll be turning on male audiences round the world by being hot lesbians (yes, I know lesbians need representation too, I was being facetious).

Ha, understood bro. Perhaps Alex was slightly annoyed with Maggie's work/life balance. Perhaps the Alex and Maggie relationship will be nothing more than just a platonic one between a heterosexual woman and a gay woman.

Regardless of where the relationship goes, Alex is still one of my favorite characters and I look forward to seeing her story unfold throughout the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers

I wonder if it's a swerve, though. The Cadmus in this continuity is evil, and Guardian is traditionally associated with Cadmus, so I'm wondering if they're going to brainwash James to turn against the team.
    An interesting theory. Betrayal and friends turning into foes always make for interesting stories. As it stands though, I like the direction that they're taking with Jimmy. I can understand how someone who's on the sidelines while all of these fantastically-powered characters do fantastic things would want a piece of the action. Honestly, I'ld like to see Jimmy take a proactive stance and throw a couple of punches here and there myself. If he and Winn team up to fight crime, that'd be cool as well. In the past couple of episodes, Winn has taken too much of a backseat so it'd be nice to see him take on a more prominent role.

As for the Guardian costume, eh, I'm not feeling it. It looks too ROM the Spaceknight than Guardian. For me, I wish there was a hint of gold in that costume, as has been featured in other depictions:
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member

Non peak human or super powered heroes are flat out stupid. They only survive because of PIS. Someone in the Guardian suit is simply shot to pieces. Arrow has become the epitome of Star Wars Storm Trooper marksmanship or lack of.

Next, the show is starting to also have to much PIS use of powers stupidity. Speed and power is not used. What kept the two Martians from simple blasting up through the ceiling. The comic versions certainly could. Supergirl fought the big guy at normal speed - stupid.

There are also too many Kryptonian/Martian level harmful weapons around. What took down J'onn - a taser. Come on now. We've already commented on where did all the aliens all of a sudden come from. Supes and Kara aren't so special if the planet is flooded with their equals.

Last, I said before that it's clear Daxam and Krypton had well developed space travel. I'm waiting for the Kryptonian or Daxamite Celebrity Cruise Line vacation ship to dump 2000 old or middle aged super tourists on Earth.
    Last edited by Captain Smith; 11-03-2016 at 08:00 AM.

Retired

Clearly all the aliens are coming through the Stargate.

We're finally seeing a less grumpy version of J'onn here, which is a nice change of pace. He and Alex seem to be getting better stories this year while James and Winn are shafted. Hopefully we can get a better balance, although at the same time, I want to see more Lena and M'Gann (is it weird I'm hoping for her to go "Hello, Megan!" at one point?).

I still think Kara's attitude towards Daxam is a little harsh just because of the rivalry between the planets. Mon-El finishes telling his story, saying the prince's final act was one of heroism, sacrificing his escape to save Mon-El's life and going down with his people. Kara's reaction? "That guy was a major frat boy. What a douche."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It was probably only a matter of time before Roulette popped up in an Arrowverse show. She's a fun, attractive, villain with a premise that's very easy and believable to work from with the whole "Superhuman Fight Club" thing, all the moreso given the CW's Superhero Fight Club commercials .
    You'd think she would've been used on Arrow, though, especially given her comic book history with Mr. Terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    If Mongul does show up, I'll be interested to hear how they pronounce that name. A lot of the names don't sound like how I've always heard them in my head. With Mongul, that might be a good thing--since in my head it sounds just like mongol. But that could confuse people when you don't see it written out (just like Darkseid sounds like dark side). Maybe the name should sound like Mon-Ghoul. Making Mongul's name a mash up of Mon-El and Ra's al Ghul.
    I'd guess it's pronounced like "mongol". I thought it was cool they mentioned WarWorld, but this being Supergirl, I'm hoping that rather than Mongul they actually use Mongal.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    I think it's called 'The Jimmy Olsen Blues.'
    I don't think he can handle this, a cloudy day in National City...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Next, the show is starting to also have to much PIS use of powers stupidity. Speed and power is not used. What kept the two Martians from simple blasting up through the ceiling. The comic versions certainly good. Supergirl fought the big guy at normal speed - stupid.
    I was just thinking of that and wondering about how her speed has been shown on the series so far. Aside from flying and traveling long distances, has Supergirl been shown to have a decent level of super speed? Especially when it comes to reaction time and reflexes?

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about Jimmy becoming a vigilante, it always bugs me in some superhero shows where all the supporting characters end up having powers or becoming heroes too... I like supporting cast who can whole their own as non vigilante which is why I will miss Cat so much and hope we see Lena take a larger role. I just feel like since Jimmy is now Mr. CEO we could see him grow into that role!
    I think he should become Elastic-Lad.

Sandy Hausler

Astonishing Member

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

With all these aliens on Earth, I would love to those two Thanagarian Cops, Katar and Shayera make an appearance.
    Played by different actors then their Egyptian counterparts on Earth Arrow-Flash-Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    With all these aliens on Earth, I would love to those two Thanagarian Cops, Katar and Shayera make an appearance.
    Played by different actors then their Egyptian counterparts on Earth Arrow-Flash-Legends.
    They aren't dead, they just flew away. So it's possible they could show up sometime. People that use wings to fly, I almost think Kara would have a Diggle type reaction to them.
    I mean what person in her Universe uses wings to fly?

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Keep your eyes peeled next time a character goes to a coffee shop. You never know!
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

Retired

I don't know why more flying heroes don't use wings. How else do they expect to change direction in mid-flight? The way Supergirl flies she should be just heading in one direction all the time--at least Christopher Reeve used his arms and hands to bank in different directions, having been a pilot himself.