Page 91 of 374 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 5596
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    None of the actors on SUPERGIRL are anything like how I've imagined them in the comics. That's not always such a bad thing. I imagined Supergirl as being something like Laura Vandervoort, but now I enjoy the novelty of Melissa Benoist's version.

Max Lord on the TV show is entirely different from the comic book guy. The comic book Maxwell Lord seemed like Oscar Goldman (Richard Anderson). The TV Maxwell Lord seemed like he was supposed to be the love interest for Alex--but forbidden fruit, as a sort of John Shea Lex Luthor type.
    Honestly wonder if they stayed on CBS if that's what would have happened and if the coming out storyline would have happened still, been shifted to someone else or happened at all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Let's see if Bizzarogirl ever gets remembered this season, or Max. Probably not.

In real life, sure you need some more than that. Comic book tv movie verses, not so much.
    Unless it'll become a plot point his not even being mentioned is strange, especially since Supergirl's Earth wasn't affected by Flashpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    , as a sort of John Shea Lex Luthor type.
    Exactly, which isn't a bad thing. As a 90s kid, Shea was my Luthor. Didn't even mind him having hair for most of his tenure.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Max will be remembered when Peter Facinelli becomes available again and not one episode sooner.

But I am certain Bizarro will be remembered when another double shows up.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Unless it'll become a plot point his not even being mentioned is strange, especially since Supergirl's Earth wasn't affected by Flashpoint.
    Yeah. I don't imagine more than a quick mention unless Max's actor becoems available for the show. Much like I doubt we'll see Non anytime soon, or mentioned.

Bizzaro(girl) is a bit easier to bring back since we're ultimately just using a messed up Melissa Benoist (less so if we use her normal actress again but not impossible with a recasting etc...) but I doubt she'll be brought up much unless Max himself does.

I Hope this 4-parter is good.

I am willing to give it a go, especially with part 1 tonight on Supergirl.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

I'm going to wait and binge them in the weekend.

So I pretty much have to get out of these threads until then... Hate spoilers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

Somehow I had a feeling there was going to be almost nothing of this four parter starting in this episode of Supergirl. What a wasted opportunity.

Mighty Member

That was a short crossover clip.

Ultimate Member

Yeah the bit at the end felt tacked on, a far better storyline would have been Kara leaving suddenly and while the others search for her they have to fight some new baddie...they're probably just trying to rope Supergirl into the other shows to help it out a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    There is a laundry list of things that haven't been mentioned from the CBS days. There's Max, there's the fact that J'onn was supposed to be co-director of the DEO with Lucy Lane... speaking of Lane, where is General Lane with all of this Cadmus stuff? I also find it amusing that when they shot in California, the DEO was an underground bunker, but as soon as they moved to sunny... Tornoto (?), they got the fancy skyscraper with all of the windows.

Good episode, but crappy crossover I think if you don't watch the other shows you wouldn't miss anything by skipping till next weeks Supergirl.
    Jon's white Martian problem was handled very quick, I thought they would drag it a little longer.
    So Lena got rid of mommy so that she can take over Cadmus.
    Who's those guys after Mon-El?

Mighty Member

They could have made the Kryptonians much more sympathetic. All they needed was to have the weapon created in response to a White Martian genocide of a colony or an allied world. Then it ends up killing other aliens by accident or is adapted to do that by Cadmus. As is they look really bad.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I also find it amusing that when they shot in California, the DEO was an underground bunker, but as soon as they moved to sunny... Tornoto (?), they got the fancy skyscraper with all of the windows.
    As a Vancouver boy, born and raised, you don't know how much that hurts me. Vancouver is on the west coast (north of Cali), Toronto is near the Great Lakes (on Lake Ontario, in fact--north of Buffalo). But Vancouver can be very rainy at certain times of the year--especailly in the last couple of months--so it is kind of funny.

Probably, when they filmed in L.A., they filmed on a back lot. Vancouver has sound stages, where most of the interiors would be shot--however, the CW shows do a lot of exteriors shooting on location in the city and surrounding municipalities.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Yeah the bit at the end felt tacked on, a far better storyline would have been Kara leaving suddenly and while the others search for her they have to fight some new baddie...they're probably just trying to rope Supergirl into the other shows to help it out a bit...
    They easily could have tied the two story lines together. The Dominators could exist in Supergirl's universe, too--and Jor-El could have devised Project Medusa to fight off their invastion force. A memory tape of that invasion could have played at the Fortress of Solitude--thus foreshadowing the invasion to come on the other CW shows. And it wouldn't have felt tacked on, because it would be an organic part of the Medusa story.

Medusa is a stupid name for a Kryptonian project.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Good episode, but crappy crossover I think if you don't watch the other shows you wouldn't miss anything by skipping till next weeks Supergirl.
    Jon's white Martian problem was handled very quick, I thought they would drag it a little longer.
    So Lena got rid of mommy so that she can take over Cadmus.
    Who's those guys after Mon-El?
    Yeah, the crossover could be re-capped in its entirety on tomorrow night's episode of the Flash. And won't Supergirl feel weird when Barry and Cisco tell her what the crisis is. "What? Aliens? I just finished fighting some aliens! Now I've got to fight some other aliens?"

You'd think we'd have seen Eliza mention her husband being in Cadmus' custody once during the episode, after his appearance last week and Kara and Alex mentioning telling her (I think?). But it was nice seeing her again, contributing to the DEO, and her scenes with Alex were sweet .

I wonder what Lex's Dad was like, especially if he actually preferred Lena to Lex. Maybe he was the good Luthor patriarch, while Lillian was the corrupter Lionel (if he is Lionel Luthor in this continuity) generally is for the Luthor children?

After all the focus on Allura last season, and Astra as well, it was nice to finally see Zor-El get some post-mortem focus and touch on Kara's relationship with her father a bit, even if it involved him creating a Kryptonian Bio-Weapon that almost killed the entire alien population of National City. I wonder if there's any shady stuff Superman's found out about Jor-El and Lara or if they're squeaky clean compared to Kara's parents?

Poor Kelex. I hope Clark repairs him once he gets back to the Fortress.

We got two big kisses in this episode, first between Kara and Mon-El, and the second between Alex and Maggie. Though while Kara tried to pretend it didn't happen and Mon-El forgot about it (or is doing the same), Alex and Maggie have confirmed their feelings for one another and are now in a relationship. It's nice to see Alex finally find some real, personal, happiness for herself .

So is Henshaw Cyborg-Superman because he has mechanical equivalents to Superman's powerset (super-speed and Heat Vision)? Is that it?

You just don't know what to expect from Lena. At one moment she can see like a sweet, kind, and unassuming businesswoman, but the next she can genuinely seem to have a cruel, vindictive, and evil side. I guess that just comes with being a Luthor. Of course, in the end, she still turns on her mother and helps save the day, but it's hard to discern her true motives and intentions at times and how genuinely altruistic they are.

What the heck did Mon-El do to have an alien battleship hunting him down? Are they going to be the main villains of the second half of the season now that Cadmus is likely finished with Lillian's arrest?

Martian Manhunter vs. Cyborg-Superman (AKA, David Harewood vs. David Harewood) was pretty awesome, even if Supergirl just coming in from behind kinda ended the fight anti-climactically. I'm curious to see what Henshaw is going to do with himself now that Cadmus is probably kaput.

J'onn's composite White Martian form looks a lot like the true Martian form of Green Martians from Young Justice. Also kind of surprised they resolved that plot so quickly, but I guess we can't go too long without Martian Manhunter looking like Martian Manhunter. I wonder when we'll see M'gann next and if J'onn will be in a better mood to talk with her now that he's not transforming into the one thing he hates the most?

Cisco downplaying Barry being his friend at least acknowledges their current relationship status as per the last episode of The Flash. I was wondering how that would be handled.

As tacked on as that crossover tie-in at the end felt, despite at least trying to build-up to Barry and Cisco popping up out-of-nowhere with all those dimension portals randomly popping up throughout the episode, that "To Be Contined On The Flash" was actually pretty cool. Can't wait to watch The Invasion crossover .